Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee,you have stolen the words from my mouth.:flowers:
Anyway,Mary dress was pretty,her hair was nice too
She looks very nice for a 6th month pregnant woman with twins.

I do not know how she does it. To be this far along with twins and still look as gorgeous as ever. I am glad we are in agreement soraya. :flowers:
Thank you.

My opnion is that the ponytail looked fine for the occasion. It was after all a 'made-up' ponytail, not a randomly made one - the same way that Letizia's ponytail in Monic's avatar is made up and looks fine and suitable for an evening event.

Couldnt agree more.

Acutally, its the same type of style, using own hair to hold it (and not some silly hairclip a la Victoria). Both looks were very suitable for evening events.
Letizia
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0134886afc45970c-800wi
Mary
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c01348881522a970c-800wi

Funny how some liked the ponytail on CP Letizia when she wore it the other night, yet Mary gets criticized for wearing the same hairstyle a few days later. What is good for one CP is not good enough for another? Different rules for different ones? I think Mary and Letizia both looked lovely with their ponytails. They were not your normal throw your hair in a ponytail and run out the door. I also have a right to my own opinion. It is lucky that I have a good memory on previous post on ponytails. It there is any doubt about previous post check CP Letizia evening wear thread page 13 I believe post 244.

So if I like Letizia's ponytail, I have to like Mary's? Please... I found Letizia's ponytail suitable for her outfit and Mary's don't, is that anything bad about it? Besides, I am far away from comparing them both, my response is ONLY because you mentioned my post in a different Princess thread, which, BTW, has NOTHING to do with Mary's hairstyle.

You think they both lookes lovely, I liked Letizia's, but not Mary's. Show me why am I not allowed to think that?

I know Lumutqueen. :flowers: Mary looked beautiful the other night just as Letizia did. It just galls me how it is OK for CP Letizia, yet be so critical of Mary for wearing the same hairstyle a few nights later. How all of a sudden it is not appropriate for a CP. They were both attending formal functions, both had on a LBD.

We have all gotten used to Victoria wearing a ponytail and most do not care for it. We know that is just Victoria. All of us complaining is not going to change a thing as far as she is concerned. :lol:

I never said it was inappropriate for a Crown Princess, all I said it was too simple for the event. And I still think so.

I have noticed one strange thing in this Forum: instead of this being a fun, commenting on Princesses and Queens wardrobe, people are way into it. And way into "protecting" and "defending" the Princesses of their choice. I understand you like Mary (I may be wrong, but this is my impression), but do I have to? If I don't like something she wears and find her hairstyle too simple for occasion or anything else, why am I getting into trouble by stating same?

I am quickly losing my interest in that place, where I am not allowed to state my opinion, even if my opinion is different than anybody else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the top of the dress. And the tights are way too dark.

One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style.

Post 1076

Interesting... I remember reading many posts stating this or that Princess isn't dressed well enough / too simple for her status. This time I think that about Mary. Her hairstyle wasn't good enough for the event. Was too simple.

So, it was fine for another and not good enough for Mary. MOO which is also my right

I personally don’t find the “ponytail” appropriate for any royal ladies at a more formal event.

I don't like the top of the dress. And the tights are way too dark.

One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style.

Post 1076

Interesting... I remember reading many posts stating this or that Princess isn't dressed well enough / too simple for her status. This time I think that about Mary. Her hairstyle wasn't good enough for the event. Was too simple.

So, it was fine for another and not good enough for Mary. MOO which is also my right

First: Yes, I did not like the top of Mary's dress, and yes, I found her tights too dark. Do I have to like all her outfits, because I liked Letizia's outfit?

Second: I was responding to someone's post, stating, Mary went for a quick, no-fuss style. Hence my response you just quoted. Show me, please, where and when did I state it was OK for another Princess to go for a quick, no-fuss style?

Third: yes, I found Mary's hairstyle too simple for an event. What's wrong with that? If you are so hooked up on me liking Letizia's hair and not liking Mary's, it's really easy: I WAS NOT and AM NOT comparing them both. I was placing my posts in two different threads, regarding two different Princesses and WAS NOT comparing them. Once again: the fact that I liked Letizia's hairstyle and found it suitable for the event and the dress doesn't mean I HAVE TO find same for Mary. It's really so simple.

I have to admit I do not understand your intentions here, by quoting my three posts, all together here. What were you trying to do?

First: Yes, I did not like the top of Mary's dress, and yes, I found her tights too dark. Do I have to like all her outfits, because I liked Letizia's outfit?

Second: I was responding to someone's post, stating, Mary went for a quick, no-fuss style. Hence my response you just quoted. Show me, please, where and when did I state it was OK for another Princess to go for a quick, no-fuss style?

Third: yes, I found Mary's hairstyle too simple for an event. What's wrong with that? If you are so hooked up on me liking Letizia's hair and not liking Mary's, it's really easy: I WAS NOT and AM NOT comparing them both. I was placing my posts in two different threads, regarding two different Princesses and WAS NOT comparing them. Once again: the fact that I liked Letizia's hairstyle and found it suitable for the event and the dress doesn't mean I HAVE TO find same for Mary. It's really so simple.

I have to admit I do not understand your intentions here, by quoting my three posts, all together here. What were you trying to do?

That is the way it came up when I hit the quote button. I have nothing to explain on that.

One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style. Your words

Letizia had the same style and she was representing her country. So, what is the difference is all I am asking.

BTW neither one of these ladies are my favorite CP. I like and admire them both.

Everything turns into an argument with you regardless of what it is. We always hear about your opinions and rights. We also have ours.:flowers:

That is the way it came up when I hit the quote button. I have nothing to explain on that.

One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style. Your words

Letizia had the same style and she was representing her country. So, what is the difference is all I am asking.

BTW neither one of these ladies are my favorite CP. I like and admire them both.

Everything turns into an argument with you regardless of what it is. We always hear about your opinions and rights. We also have ours.:flowers:

You know what I was asking when I asked you to explain. But OK, let me state when I meant: I was referring to your previous post where you quoted my three posts. I wonder what was the purpose.

Yes, my words, not saying not mine. Again, my response about a quick, no-fuss style was to a post regarding same. I WAS NOT COMPARING LETIZIA TO MARY, can't you get that? I cannot understand why are you pursuing this comparison.

No, not an argument. Simply, I am stating my opinion, you are stating your. Nobody has to agree with me, that's the beauty of it. Where and when did I say you cannot have your opinion or your rights? Please, it seems you have issues with me, you don't like anything I say (write), but this thread obviously is not a place for that. I don't know what your problem is, and, frankly, I don't really care.

One last thing: you said, you always hear about my opinions and rights. Well, who's opinions should I talk about? I thought I was to state my opinions, not someone elses. Well, looks like I was wrong.

Sadly, you're not the only one who feels like this, Cinderella5x.;) Mary's and Letizia's 'fans' in particular are constantly complaining and grumbling over anything, even remotely negative, that has been said about their favourite Princess. In most cases it makes one sick, to say the least. I wonder why they still fail to notice that these are not 'threads of adoration', but d i s c u s s i o n (fashion, jewels etc.), hence there a r e going to be different points of view. Isn't it natural, for God's sake? The good thing is that this forum offers you the option to 'ignore' someone's posts. Trust me, it works.:) However, I still feel that the Administrators could take further action, if they really wanted to. They're the ones who c a n protect us from such unpleasant attacks - if they don't do this, no one will.:flowers:

Couldnt agree more.

Acutally, its the same type of style, using own hair to hold it (and not some silly hairclip a la Victoria). Both looks were very suitable for evening events.
Letizia
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0134886afc45970c-800wi
Mary
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c01348881522a970c-800wi

I like Letizia's ponytail much more than Mary's. But the black gown looks nice on Mary, she looks very pretty.

Both Mary & Letizia look beautiful. I like that Letizia wore her hair back. It really shows her lovely face and Mary always looks amazing.

Sadly, you're not the only one who feels like this, Cinderella5x.;) Mary's and Letizia's 'fans' in particular are constantly complaining and grumbling over anything, even remotely negative, that has been said about their favourite Princess. In most cases it makes one sick, to say the least. I wonder why they still fail to notice that these are not 'threads of adoration', but d i s c u s s i o n (fashion, jewels etc.), hence there a r e going to be different points of view. Isn't it natural, for God's sake? The good thing is that this forum offers you the option to 'ignore' someone's posts. Trust me, it works.:) However, I still feel that the Administrators could take further action, if they really wanted to. They're the ones who c a n protect us from such unpleasant attacks - if they don't do this, no one will.:flowers:

That would be lovely wouldn't it. :flowers:

October 26, 2010 - Mary in a black empire cut short dress.
I find the dress very boring. I find the hair pulled back nicely and put in a nice ponytail.

Hair ** Full view ** Close up

I just don't like the dress! I know I'm in the minority here, but the cut of the dress at the shoulders and chest and the length is just all wrong to me! I don't think I would like it on anyone, but the severe hairstyle and dark/light contrast is not helping either. I wish there existed better pictures of the event.

So if I like Letizia's ponytail, I have to like Mary's? Please... I found Letizia's ponytail suitable for her outfit and Mary's don't, is that anything bad about it? Besides, I am far away from comparing them both, my response is ONLY because you mentioned my post in a different Princess thread, which, BTW, has NOTHING to do with Mary's hairstyle.

You think they both lookes lovely, I liked Letizia's, but not Mary's. Show me why am I not allowed to think that?

Not sure what the problem is:flowers: You are allowed to have your own opinion, certainly:) But so is everyone else.

Enough...its time to move on from the Mary vs. Letizia ponytail discussion.

Not sure what the problem is:flowers: You are allowed to have your own opinion, certainly:) But so is everyone else.

But I never said nobody else can have their own opinion. Please notice, I always said, everyone is entitled to same.

Not sure how the first one was done, but I like it a lot ;)

We are not supposed to talk about pony tails any more but can I just add that Infanta Elena nearly always has her hair in one for all events.
About being appropriate for an occasion, a film star or actress or a celebrity can be inappropriately dressed, royalty can dress as they like and it makes not one iota of difference what anyone thinks about it or says about it they will always be royal.
I like the way that Princess Mary dresses and carries herself I am not that fond of Princess Letizia but I like the way she dresses (except for her shoes).
BTW the pony tails that Russo posted are gorgeous and suit the wearers beautifully.

We all have Princesses we like or not. I like all of them, but if one young woman wears something I don't like, I say I don't like it and go on. We all have our opinions and it would be dull if we all agreed on everything, but I do have to state that things have gotten entirely too serious here.:flowers: Now, let's all wait and see what Mary surprises us with next!!:flowers:

Russophile....you are too much!! So funny

Mary will be busy this next week so we will have lots of outfits to watch!!

yes, I cannot wait for that, all this week outfits!

Hopefully Princess Mary does visit these boards and depending on how contrary she wants to be, we might see a whole new gamut of one particular (popular ;) ) style OR we will never ever see it again...

Huh? What popular style will we see or not see?? I am afraid i do not understand what you are trying to say, AnnaNT....

Oooops... I goofed, big time! I should have known. LOL

Smart and chic as usual. Beautiful color on her. :)

Lovely coat! It really suits her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom