The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

IMO she dresses a bit as if she doesn't want to appear pregnant. Great outfit, love the shoes and coat!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice, looks great on her.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I'd never expect to see this coat on Mary while pregnant, simply because the coat seemed/looked fitted when she was no expecting.
It's a beautiful coat & the detailing is very pretty.
The coat seems to close fairly high up the waist.
So, the only place where there is still enough room to close a coat when pregnant.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The outfit looked very nice yesterday, and the coat always looks beautiful.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
IMO she dresses a bit as if she doesn't want to appear pregnant. Great outfit, love the shoes and coat!
Maybe she wants to wear non-maternity clothes for as long as possible. At some point in the very near future she won't be able to hide her pregnancy even if she wanted to!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Courtier

I think that this pregnancy with her twins will be Mary's last pregnancy and she is using clothes from her existing wardrobe that still fit at this stage. At some stage, she will go off on maternity leave and will not need clothing for official events anymore. No sense in buying a whole lot of maternity clothes if you're not going to use them again.
As a matter of fact, the new outfits that we have seen her in can be altered to when she isn't pregnant - smart move!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaikell87 View Post
Maybe she wants to wear non-maternity clothes for as long as possible. At some point in the very near future she won't be able to hide her pregnancy even if she wanted to!
I think it is quite sensible that she is using "normal" clothes as much as she can, so she can buy fewer maternity clothes.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think it is quite sensible that she is using "noirmal" clothes as much as she can, so she can buy fewer maternity clothes.
and since they still fit, why not wear them
I do see her wearing differently when she is in her later stages of her pregnancy.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

the coat:

princess mary in new york:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/82c9d81e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/50879736.jpg
Old 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the details on the coat. On the collar and sleeves. It's a great coat.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

I can't disagree as I'm fond of such coats too.. Mary looks fantastic!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a very beautiful coat and colour on Princess Mary. Well-tailored and elegant. I like her hair too.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Recycled coat:
May 2009
Yesterday
The coat is beautiful. Princess Mary looks great.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Commoner

I always loved the coat. She looks elegant
Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

She looks elegant most of the times but fake. We all know how Mary was dressed before her marriage. An average girl that all of a sudden got access to a royal wardrobe... You hire the best Danish stylist and he or she makes you look chic all the time, how original!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ Nothing wrong with that because she looks professional while she's doing her job- which includes representing herself, her husband, family (her dad, siblings, children), QM, Denmark and Denmark's people. Maybe what she wears now is her taste in clothes. Now that she has access to it she wears it.

She prefers professional, classic clothes. If there is nothing original about it, no big deal because she's not modeling in a fashion show.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
She looks elegant most of the times but fake. We all know how Mary was dressed before her marriage. An average girl that all of a sudden got access to a royal wardrobe... You hire the best Danish stylist and he or she makes you look chic all the time, how original!
It is publicly documented how CP Mary dressed before her marriage but at that time, she was a single working girl employed by a real estate company in Sydney. Then she met, became engaged to and married the Crown Prince of Denmark...would any of us expect that she would have continued to dress the same way as she did when she lived in Australia? Give me a break!
Now CP Mary goes on official visits & engagements, both in her adopted homeland and overseas where she is an ambassador for her country, representing the DRF and Denmark. She is a future Queen, wife of the future King and mother to soon-to-be 4 direct heirs of Denmark, one of whom is the future King. All of these life experiences matured CP Mary and changed her tastes in fashion, as well as the fact that she is also a very public figure. Now everything she wears attracts media & public attention and criticism, not least on this message board.
Which of the current crown princesses of this generation dresses the same way as they did before they married their Crown Prince husbands? The answer? None of them! All of the women who married European Crown Princes changed their style of dressing to suit their new public profiles...so there's no need to single out CP Mary because she tries her best to be dressed as appropriately as possible for the very public role that she has had for the past 6 years. She doesn't get it right all of the time but then again, none of the crown princesses do!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank goodness that she still isn't dressing like she did in Australia -- she will be Queen of her new country some day and should dress as she does now. I personally think she is correct to hire the best Danish stylist to look chic -- not original, just proper.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't think that CP Mary looks fake. She has a different occupation now which required for her to change her wardrobe. When she lived in Australia she wasn't photographed on a daily basis and didn't have any public functions.

Now, however, every move that she makes is documented, so she has to present herself with more polish and has to have a more substantial wardrobe. I don't see anything wrong with Mary doing the work that it takes to present herself to the public in the best possible manner. She has to look professional.

Her off duty wardrobe is actually very normal and for me personally resembles the stuff that my friends and I wear in our daily lives. Thank goodness she isn't wearing the same thing that she wore daily in Australia.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Excuse me, but if I married into any of the Royal Families of Europe, I would do the same thing. She's representing the Royals and Denmark, what's she supposed wear? A tee shirt and overalls? I don't get your post. First she's elegant most of the time which you admit and then you talk about hiring a stylist to look chic all the time? How original? What's your point? You didn't complain about the other Princesses doing this, only Mary. Do you include these women also or is it because you don't like Mary?

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion