Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't disagree as I'm fond of such coats too..:lol: Mary looks fantastic!

This is a very beautiful coat and colour on Princess Mary. Well-tailored and elegant. I like her hair too.

I always loved the coat. She looks elegant

She looks elegant most of the times but fake. We all know how Mary was dressed before her marriage. An average girl that all of a sudden got access to a royal wardrobe... You hire the best Danish stylist and he or she makes you look chic all the time, how original!

^^^ Nothing wrong with that because she looks professional while she's doing her job- which includes representing herself, her husband, family (her dad, siblings, children), QM, Denmark and Denmark's people. Maybe what she wears now is her taste in clothes. Now that she has access to it she wears it.

She prefers professional, classic clothes. If there is nothing original about it, no big deal because she's not modeling in a fashion show.

She looks elegant most of the times but fake. We all know how Mary was dressed before her marriage. An average girl that all of a sudden got access to a royal wardrobe... You hire the best Danish stylist and he or she makes you look chic all the time, how original!
It is publicly documented how CP Mary dressed before her marriage but at that time, she was a single working girl employed by a real estate company in Sydney. Then she met, became engaged to and married the Crown Prince of Denmark...would any of us expect that she would have continued to dress the same way as she did when she lived in Australia? Give me a break!:whistling::lol:
Now CP Mary goes on official visits & engagements, both in her adopted homeland and overseas where she is an ambassador for her country, representing the DRF and Denmark. She is a future Queen, wife of the future King and mother to soon-to-be 4 direct heirs of Denmark, one of whom is the future King. All of these life experiences matured CP Mary and changed her tastes in fashion, as well as the fact that she is also a very public figure. Now everything she wears attracts media & public attention and criticism, not least on this message board.
Which of the current crown princesses of this generation dresses the same way as they did before they married their Crown Prince husbands? The answer? None of them! All of the women who married European Crown Princes changed their style of dressing to suit their new public profiles...so there's no need to single out CP Mary because she tries her best to be dressed as appropriately as possible for the very public role that she has had for the past 6 years. She doesn't get it right all of the time but then again, none of the crown princesses do!:flowers:

Thank goodness that she still isn't dressing like she did in Australia -- she will be Queen of her new country some day and should dress as she does now. I personally think she is correct to hire the best Danish stylist to look chic -- not original, just proper.

I don't think that CP Mary looks fake. She has a different occupation now which required for her to change her wardrobe. When she lived in Australia she wasn't photographed on a daily basis and didn't have any public functions.

Now, however, every move that she makes is documented, so she has to present herself with more polish and has to have a more substantial wardrobe. I don't see anything wrong with Mary doing the work that it takes to present herself to the public in the best possible manner. She has to look professional.

Her off duty wardrobe is actually very normal and for me personally resembles the stuff that my friends and I wear in our daily lives. Thank goodness she isn't wearing the same thing that she wore daily in Australia.

Excuse me, but if I married into any of the Royal Families of Europe, I would do the same thing. She's representing the Royals and Denmark, what's she supposed wear? A tee shirt and overalls? I don't get your post. First she's elegant most of the time which you admit and then you talk about hiring a stylist to look chic all the time? How original? What's your point?:ermm: You didn't complain about the other Princesses doing this, only Mary. Do you include these women also or is it because you don't like Mary?

People grow and people change. She has matured and grown over the years. Her wardrobe reflects this. I don't wear the same thing in my 30's that I wore in my teens or 20's. Why should Mary? You don't wear the same thing you wore as an intern as you do as CEO either. She also has different income and lifestyle.

I suppose all of us could look chic and elegant if we had the resources:flowers: But I fail to see why this makes Mary fake. She IS a crown princess, after all, so it's wonderful to see her dress like one! What she is doing makes her like most of the other cps, since most of them were commoners before marriage.

I'd never expect to see this coat on Mary while pregnant, simply because the coat seemed/looked fitted when she was no expecting.
It's a beautiful coat & the detailing is very pretty.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with recycling clothes....after all she is pregnant

Mary is beautiful, and the coat is nice but I don´t like the headpiece

The coat suits Mary, and the headpiece does but only when her hair is up IMO.

The coat suits Mary, and the headpiece does but only when her hair is up IMO.

I really like this coat. The colors, the print, everything. I like the headpiece today. I really do like the hat she wore previously with it, and she wears hats very well. But this looks softer.

One of her nicest coats ever & good to see it again on her. Im not sure of I like the hair piece, looks quite flat.

The coat is lovely, but her hair looks messy, the head piece and the length of her hair is too much, or if she wanted to wear it would have look better with her hair pulled back

It was raining and really windy ;) Actually it is still raining and windy :sad:

The colored hosiery really stands out for me in this outfit and not in a good way. Perhaps somebody more experienced in fashion could comment -- doesn't CP Mary usually NOT wear hosiery? Is it because she's wearing a black shoe instead of a nude one? She didn't appear to be wearing hosiery during the day, so I hesitate to think it's because of weather. Just curious about others' thoughts here...and it may all boil down to Mary's personal preference this evening!

I don't like the tights with this dress, I have to say. The dress itself is very pretty, could have been a tad longer.
Hairstyle & earrings look great. Not sure about that bracelet.

The dress and shoes are black and so are the tights! I think she looks utterly gorgeous for a 5 months pregnant woman with twins. The simplicity of the dress is fantastic with the very dramatic jewelry! With such dramatic jewels, the simple one-shoulder draped dress is fantastic! I love how CP Mary is accentuating her shoulders in her evening dresses while her baby bump is getting bigger!

I like everything about the outfit. The one-shouldered dress is elegant. The jewelry adds a sparkled glam to the overall effect.

I love the one shouldered dress, so flattering, but would also liked to have seen it longer and do away with the hosiery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom