Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 19: November 2018 - November 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful gown and triceps and spectacular hair do

I noticed the very toned arm muscles, too. Mary and Maxima obviously take looking good in a sleeveless dress very seriously! No batwings here.

One of Crown Princess Mary's best evening looks.

Love her elegance tonight. The Crown Princess pulls off stunning evening wear so effortlessly. And Frederik looks very happy too.

I am so tired of the lace dresses/gowns.

That said, the assymetrical design gives it a much fresher look. :flowers:

Elegant styling as well.

I would have liked it a lot better without the lace sleeve. I am so over lace!

Great dress on Mary - great colour and I love the flow of the dress

Proper lace will never go out of style. Unlike ones purchased in even high end stores, hand-made lace is a treasure and it certainly is worth the extra thousands. Will always be considered treasured antiques in later centuries. Many pieces of proper hand-made lace are now in museums that were on clothes back in the 1300 and still show beautiful brilliant craftmanship.

When it is well done, lace is wonderful on formal dresses, and this particular example is very well done.

I don't think lace is any more overdone than crepe, georgette, chiffon, velvet, or any of the other fabrics that are routinely used for gowns. It's how it's used that matters.

I love it, who is the designer ? She looks stunning!

:previous: I love the gorgeous little cape. It is both elegant and eminently practical.

Does anyone have an ID on the green gown Mary wore in the magazine shoot?

Proper lace will never go out of style. Unlike ones purchased in even high end stores, hand-made lace is a treasure and it certainly is worth the extra thousands. Will always be considered treasured antiques in later centuries. Many pieces of proper hand-made lace are now in museums that were on clothes back in the 1300 and still show beautiful brilliant craftmanship.

Yes indeed lace is beautiful antiques. And lovely in collections, museums, or in your hope chest to treasure :flowers:

But just as I would not wear my grandmother's doilies, even if we cherish them, we aren't a walking museum. Lace often looks extremely dated. And tend to all look the same. Its hard to give lace a fresh newer look, Mary succeeded here.

Well Mary has enabled it to be multi styled by having a removable lace top over a strapless gown . .. for Mary that means lots of possibilities.

Mary hosted a dinner in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit at Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, this evening, May 14:

** Upper part **

Beautiful and elegant pink dress.

I remember this dress from last year. IMO it looked better with the wider brown belt (although it looks more casual)

I remember this dress from last year. IMO it looked better with the wider brown belt (although it looks more casual)
You definitely have a point. Had it been a shade more pastel she would be wandering perilously close to nightgown territory.

Had the thin belt been wider and of a slightly more positive depth of colout she would have aced it.

The darker belt anchored the "look"

Mary hosted a dinner in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit at Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, this evening, May 14:

** Upper part **

:previous:

By now I've remembered it as well. It's by ArtFusion Copenhagen.

Here's a full view from August 2018 (including the belt you've mentioned).

Mary at the closing dinner of the Fashion Summit in Copenhagen yesterday evening, May 16:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
I really liked this dress as an evening gown back in 2010 & 2012.

Now as a cocktail dress, I'm not sure yet. Need a better view...

---

Now I've looked at a few more pictures from the front, I've decided that I like it.

The altered version has a high waist and the lilac colour underneath becomes more prominent.

Last edited:
Mary's dress would be much better without the jacket as it doesn't match the style IMO. A silver or white cardigan/shawl would've been a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom