The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Majesty

The tiara and jewelry are lovely....the color of the dress and material are great!

I can't decide about that bodice. I like the outline of the dress, but the bodice is off...something stiff or odd looking about it.

LaRae

Old 01-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Long silk elbow gloves were made to go with this dress. It would have been the red-and-white of the Danish flag by coincidence. Too bad that elbow gloves are seldom worn these days. The Princess looked spectacular anyway.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

A very beautiful gown in the color red and the long flowing skirt, yet the top is padded it seems like, stiff and very uncomfortable. There seems to be a sewing problem in the top part for it puckers in some pictures on the right side. The top is a huge miss for me and the way it curves around the top breast line......just not a good design IMHO. Jewels wise, she does not miss a beat there with those rubies and diamonds ever.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

It's a beautiful design, and the colour and the material of the dress is amazing.

It's just the top part of the neckline seems a bit too stiff. It doesn't fit to her body.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I love the color of the gown and the styling. Beautiful

But there is something about the top area which just seems off to me. It looks fake, like seat cushions, awkward. Not the best fitting boudice/neckline.

Agreed. There is something about the bodice that seems off. It doesn’t seem fitted right.

From a distance the dress looks stunning; up close- it does look awkward.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Agreed. There is something about the bodice that seems off. It doesn’t seem fitted right.

From a distance the dress looks stunning; up close- it does look awkward.

The bodice is wayyyyyy to tight and you can see the outline of what I’m assuming is a corset in the back.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Except for the bodice, it is fabulous. The bodice doesn’t flatter her figure, a woman with more meat on her bones and much more up top would make this neckline pretty. Her prominent collar bones are featured as your eye is drawn to them because the top of the bodice frames them. Not the focal point to be desired. Her skirt is lovely and full, gorgeous red color, terrific hair with hairpins. The full parure with it seems slightly reconfigured tiara is sheer delight
Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Regal color and fabric, but, I don't know, the bodice/neckline seems wrong to me.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Long silk elbow gloves were made to go with this dress. It would have been the red-and-white of the Danish flag by coincidence. Too bad that elbow gloves are seldom worn these days. The Princess looked spectacular anyway.
Just as you mentioned the gloves, this is what I thought of first after I saw Mary's dress, it's Pretty Woman all over again:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...-red-dress.jpg

Great colour and skirt, I don't like the top part, it looks very, very tight, makes Mary look flat like a board.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:17 AM
Majesty

The red gown looks like Alexandra's pre wedding gala gown:

Royals with Similar Style Alexandra Manley at her...
Old 01-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Just as you mentioned the gloves, this is what I thought of first after I saw Mary's dress, it's Pretty Woman all over again:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...-red-dress.jpg

Great colour and skirt, I don't like the top part, it looks very, very tight, makes Mary look flat like a board.
I did not remember that dress in the movie. Great find! Long white elbow gloves seldom can go wrong and "finish" a dress in my eyes.

Julia Roberts looked more dressed with those gloves than Princess Mary with her bare arms.

This same dress without the elbow gloves would make the appearance less spectacular: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ec/fa/ae/e...l-families.jpg
Old 01-02-2018, 04:40 AM
Majesty

The red dress is stunning. Perfect choice for this grand event.
I believe it's a Danish designer. Just spectacular
Old 01-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
The red dress is stunning. Perfect choice for this grand event.
I believe it's a Danish designer. Just spectacular

Mary wore a stunning scarlet gown by Danish designer Soeren Le Schmidt featuring a luxe-looking silk material, full skirt and flattering bardot cut. The dramatic sweetheart neckline detail then added an interesting quirk to the overall design.

Princess Mary stuns at New Year's reception in Copenhagen | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can see the gown worn also with a brooch in that weird middle part. I do love it though.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really love the dress, the fabric and colour, I want one like this for me....... I see as they use so mych decoration, with the elephant and the broches, all the new years dresses are in a way simple dresses. I would love to see her shoes! and I wonder how she managed the cold with no wrap!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the colour but the bodice is odd ... it spolis the whole look .. well nothing really can outshine those dazzling jewels!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Gentry

I personally love the bodice and think it suits her perfectly. It looks like it was molded on her.

One of my favorite dresses from her EVER!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary looked breathtaking at the New Year's reception!
Old 01-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Crown Princess Mary looked breathtaking at the New Year's reception!
Ditto- the best!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Mary at the New Year concert of the homeguard at Copenhagen City Hall yesterday evening, January 9, wearing a lovely flower print dress and a dark coat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **