Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 14: June 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 14 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last night, Mary looked lovely in a summery and very pretty dress when she and Frederik participated in a dinner in the House of Industry, Copenhagen. Such a beautiful print IMO!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...80015944_n.jpg

I repeated Roskilde's post from the previous thread.

I am not a fan of the print but both Fred (with matching tie) and Mary look good.

I think the print is blah, but her hair additions are working well!

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I repeated Roskilde's post from the previous thread.

I am not a fan of the print but both Fred (with matching tie) and Mary look good.

Thats not a pretty dress at all. I don't think she looked good, its way too busy print wise though the colors are nice.

(...)

Love the dress and think that Mary looks great, it is a very Mary look.

I think those prints are certainly too busy for my personal taste, buth Mary looks good. Those pale colours look good on her, and it is a good idea keeping the rest of the look simple since the dress has so much going on by itself.

I think the dress would be beautiful if it was kept in the pattern it has on the top section. The hem section in particular messes it up, I find.

I think the dress would be beautiful if it was kept in the pattern it has on the top section. The hem section in particular messes it up, I find.
Yes the print on dress is one of those new popular runway styles that I still haven't gotten my eyes around yet. A tad busy for me but still, both Mary and Fred look charming and well turned out. As always, her make-up clean and lovely.

I love the dress and the colors - with one caveat: I would have made the center strip smaller, more akin to looking like a belt - or, just dispensed with the center strip entirely. I know Mary couldn't do that - it was the designer's choice.

I think the design - and especially the colors - are great - and would likely buy it myself even though I don't like the center strip. Very attractive overall. (Color coordinated tie very cute - they must use the same dressing room ;)).

Last edited:
I love the dress and the colors - with one caveat: I would have made the center strip smaller, more akin to looking like a belt - or, just dispensed with the center strip entirely. I know Mary couldn't do that - it was the designer's choice.

I think the design - and especially the colors - are great - and would likely buy it myself even though I don't like the center strip. Very attractive overall. (Color coordinated tie very cute - they must use the same dressing room ;)).

Agree about the colour coordination and the dress design, both very remarkable and quite interesting! Muhler will no doubt comment on the male/tie selection question with regard to protocol but I myself am struck by the Crown Princess' decision to wear a fabric printed with what look like pictures of fruit trees in bloom. This look makes me think of the new Queen of Spain's beauteous rose dress:flowers:

The wide pattern in the middle of the dress spoils it for me. If it wasn't there, then I would've given this dress the thumbs up since I love blossom and water scenes. It looks good on Mary though.

Really stunning colours are gorgeous and the style is just so flattering

This is a beautiful dress, and Mary looks amazing in it. Its very flattering on her and quickly becoming a favorite for me!

I'm wishing we could have a detail of the collar area - it looks to me like there is a collar with black piping - or some sort of design with black piping. Any ideas?

It's Tanja Doky, CP Mary's LiW :)

I agree that the centre strip should be dispensed completely - it cut the picture off. The print is beautiful - it looks like a full painting or picture of Japan Sakura blossoms by a lake in a park.

Love the lacey dress and the earrings really stunning look IMO

When I first saw this I thought it was lace. But on closer inspection it appears to be a very light print. Am I seeing things? It's entirely possible. In any event, she looks lovely, and Fred looks pretty good too:flowers:

I like both dresses, but think Tanja's is better, because a darker fabric on pale skin would look better. - Mary has two many hair additions at the back, and it looks out of proportion.

I like the grey in Fred's hair as he's aging.

I think Mary looks lovely and feminine in her white dress. Love her hair. She and Fred make such a handsome pair.. so obviously happy.

http://royalista.com/wp-content/cache/images/resize/16880_full_20140626134157_1200x1200@1.5x.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/cache/images/resize/16875_full_20140626134120_autox500@1.5x.jpg

It's a beautiful lace dress. A feminine look and she and husband looks adorable. Maybe a hairdo? On the other hand, she often has, so the hair down for a change is nice. I like these delicate pastel colors to her.

Reminds me of this dress from Australia last year which I also was very fond of:
http://media3.onsugar.com/files/201...incess-Mary-waved-crowds-she-arrived-40th.jpg

Last edited:
Oh goodness, I Loved that dress she wore in Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom