Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to part 4 of
Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion
The previous can be found Here

Here are some important

TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, The Truth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

One of the ugliest jackets that I have ever seen on Mary, too bad it happens during an official visit. Not only the colour - same goes for Fred - but the shiny PVC material. I am sure it was very expensive but looks just cheap and tasteless. The glimpse on the skirt looks promising though.

Ummm...did they blow their clothing budget over the summer or something??

Mary, who is normally very elegantly dressed, completely missed the mark with this outfit. Drab, drab, drab color of a garbage bag made into a jacket with some fancy piping around the collar. It doesn't go with the lace skirt, which IMO should have been worn for a cocktail party, not being received by a head of state. Maybe they had an early flight to catch and she grabbed the wrong thing out of the closet in the dark!

It looks much better up close. The soft leather, brunette hair, collar detail and dark pearls work well together.
The jacket is probably not so shiny, but more of a buttery look when the camera is not flashing.

ÔÎÒÎ-ÃÀËÅÐÈß :: PRESIDENT.BG

I don't like that outfit either. The jacket reminds me of the ugly leather suit Queen Sonja used to wear.

It's not one of my favorite outfits on Mary but it Hardly looks cheap and certainly does not look like a garbage bag! She always manages to look wonderful and smart.

Compare her to the lady she is seated next to....Now that outfit looks cheap in my opinion.

It's not one of my favorite outfits on Mary but it Hardly looks cheap and certainly does not look like a garbage bag! She always manages to look wonderful and smart.

Compare her to the lady she is seated next to....Now that outfit looks cheap in my opinion.

I agree! That jacket is to die for. It certainly does not look like PVC. It looks like a very expensive leather jacket. I wish we could see a better picture of the whole outfit. I do not get where you think it looks like a garbage bag. The color is just wonderful. Mary as always looks great.

Am not in love with this look actually I don't get it shiny jacket lace skirt daytime ..... am I out of touc. Separatly I think they are lovely but together in the day no I don't like the thing at all.

I don't like the jacket either. But the skirt looks very nice...

The skirt looks very pretty, i like it. The jacket is pretty, like the tie & collar detail but as the fabric/leather looks cheap to me. The combination of the skirt & jacket doesnt work at all.

I think that the jacket would be well set off by cream. I have to see more photos (or look at the ones I have seen for longer) before I can make a definative comment though.

I'm usually very impressed by Mary's taste but I absolutely loath this jacket, especially for a daytime activity. The combination of the jacket and that skirt doesn't work as well, imho.

I really don't care for this jacket paired with the lace skirt. The leather of the jacket is too shiny, and looks cheap. It is an odd choice for daytime. The skirt is very nice, though.

I read all the comments before I looked at the photos and to be honest I was expecting the worse...I was thinking Prada guipure lace skirt with a boxy, shiny jacket that is "on-trend" (which would have been wrong) and then I take a look at the photos and am surprised by how ordinary it is, how Mary it is (in terms of fabric and colour combination)...I think it is suitable and she looks good...and you guys should perhaps get out more ;)

Xeara, where oh where should "we" get out more?? Just curious.

I read all the comments before I looked at the photos and to be honest I was expecting the worse...I was thinking Prada guipure lace skirt with a boxy, shiny jacket that is "on-trend" (which would have been wrong) and then I take a look at the photos and am surprised by how ordinary it is, how Mary it is (in terms of fabric and colour combination)...I think it is suitable and she looks good...and you guys should perhaps get out more ;)
I like the outfit. I think Mary looks great.

There is nothing wrong with the outfit, it's just a bit of an odd choice for such a meeting. This outfit would suit an evening reception more I think.

I love this outfit. it is perfectly suited for what she was doing. It looks chic, elegant, and modern imo. I would definately want to wear it. The leather, I think, has a nice sheen to it, it's not shinny like pleather.

I Still stand by my first comment. Mary looks wonderful and certainly not looking like she's dressed in a garbage bag! I would not want to see her wear this outfit for an evening affair....a Leather jacket for evening??!! The jacket is sooo soft that she is able to belt it at her waist! As for the skirt? NOT delicate enough for a cocktail suit...

Mary wore the dress from the opening ceremony of the olympic games with a jacket. Pictures at Danish Royal Watchers

I think I need to see better pictures before I pass judgement, but I didnt really like it at the games.

Re: CPss Mary's Leather jacket

Does anyone know who designed her brown leather jacket that she wore on first day of their visit to Bulgaria?

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

Is this the same dress that Mary wore to the opening ceremonies in Bejing?

I like the dress with the jacket over it. The flowy skirt is especially pretty.

Lovely! And I really like the little jacket. She looks comfortable and still very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom