Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 30: May 2018 - March 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice coat but seriously what with all those ladie and black this Christmas looool

Yes a very elegant coat and also perfect for keeping the chill out on Christmas Day.

What I like about Mary and the Queen that they dress down to earth , if you see them in the street , you would think they are normal citizen, specially when you compare with the British RF , so much made up! It make me feel that they are more close to their people and coming with modernity and teaching their kids to be more realistic, I love that

What I like about Mary and the Queen that they dress down to earth , if you see them in the street , you would think they are normal citizen, specially when you compare with the British RF , so much made up! It make me feel that they are more close to their people and coming with modernity and teaching their kids to be more realistic, I love that

Mary tends to be pretty dressed up and made up when she is attending official functions. This is also true of the BRF women. But, for example, when Kate is shopping in Norfolk or the Queen is walking or riding at Windsor they are dressed like "normal people" as well.

Last edited:
Mary tends to be pretty dressed up and made up with when she is attending official functions. This is true all the BRF women as well. But, for example, when Kate is shopping in Norfolk or the Queen is walking or riding at Windsor they are dressed like "normal people" as well.

i think so too. i don't think that the BRF, except for the queen, dress a lot different from normal people who dress smartly (i.e. do not wear casual clothes all the time). it is also the case that denmark is a more 'relaxed' country with respect to clothing, so mary looks always more put together than the average person.

Beautiful! In some pictures it looks gray and in other more blue, but I like it either way. Very elegant.

Very elegant the Crown Princess today!

This dress wasn't one of the original dress she used in one of the parties before she got married? it was alterate it right?

Mary looks so beautiful - much better than last time! Love the colour on her.

Fantastic and very elegant today,he colour looks amazing on Crown Princess Mary.

Big fan of the original...never understand the need to change it.

Just a note for our new members to these forums. Marys gowns worn to these New Year Levees, are Not meant to be fashionable. Not meant for dancing in. Not meant for a cocktail hour. They are a serious mode of dress to suit the dignity of the occasion.
These gowns are only worn once a year. Mary does try to mix them up a bit by slightly altering them.
Mary is wearing the substantial Desiree Ruby corsage brooch at the neck. This ruby set dates from Napoleons coronation of 1804.

Last edited:
I love this navy gown worn with the ruby corsage (that thing is gorgeous). Navy is a great color for Mary!!

I like the blue dress in both versions, just wonder why did she changed the skirt ? I think it is probably a lot of work from a full skirt to a much more straight skirt. I had seen over the years how she changed some of her dresses, some make sense to me while others not. She looks beautiful in all the versions!

I’m not sure the dress has been altered. It looks like there’s just as much fabric there. But usually a gown like this would have some structure underneath, either built in or worn as a separate underskirt, with gathered tulle or strips of horsehair strategically placed to “fill out” the bottom of the skirt and keep it flaring out rather than getting caught in the legs or dangling lifelessly. I think she’s just switched to a less full/more lightly engineered underlayer.

Last edited:
The grey suit with the long skirt is my favorite of Mary’s. The original dressy suit has a skirt with a set in very wide waist piece, on the bias, and the boxy, collarless jacket goes over it. I imagine the fabric has some texture to it like some mohair or alpaca. She had the gray silk top added to the skirt and dropped the jacket.
The blue satin dress with the mandarin collar is so pretty on her too, a Royal blue, IMO, , and I prefer her side parted hairdo and the large ruby brooch at the throat. Nice job!

The silver is beautiful. Wonderful choice :flowers:

This version is so much better. The first version, all one material and topped with the matchy coat and long gloves was so dated and too much. Far better without the coat and different material.

Blue is very elegabt. Color and jewels. But I don't like the puffy sleeves.

A great look for Mary. Love the photo of her in the coat, she looks beautiful.

Sleek and tailored trousers, a look that Mary does very well. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom