Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The print dress is stunning. Beautiful colors.

Mary's Japanese inspired dress is exactly that, inspired. It is not too "kimono" and pays tribute with the subtle colours and print. Her subtly coloured shoes on this visit have been gorgeous. First the pretty baby blue and now the pretty powder pink.

"Pretty" is not something we do as daywear these days and Mary has made a terrific showing of just some of what we've been missing. Her entire ensembles have been "fit for purpose" . . . even the blue and white shirtwaister with it's workman-like turned up sleeves and her trusty shoes . . . perfect for gardening and filling a hole.

The dichotomy of those two ensembles is amazing. Ordinarily, I would have been waxing lyrical over the style, colour and length of her shirtwaister and loved the addition of a brown belt to compliment her shoes because she looks great. But, compared to the softer, prettier ensemble it really reduces the earlier dress to just meh.

Love both dresses a lot - very pretty, very approachable and photogenic. The light loves them both.

I personally think spectator shoes not a great choice with a full skirted shirtwaist dress.

Love the styling with the print dress.

I like the print dress, but the blue reminds me of the dresses I see Amish women wearing.

The blue shirtwaist really is pretty unattractive. She is slimmer than ever which is what you would have to be in this unflattering dress. It is voluminous and too long. The brown belt and brown shoes just add to the ugh factor. A rare miss for me. The pretty print dress, perfect length for her and nice soft colors and style is a hit. Japanese inspired and successful at it. Lovely hairdo. Such care taken in all her outfits.

Blue was a miss. Middle aged housewife housedress. Too long. Badly accessorized. I have seen Mary do casual well, this was not it. If going casual for free event, go casual.

But wow I am in love with her second look :flowers: Beautiful nod to Japan. The print is stunning. Great look all around.

First dress looks okay for the event but why did she have to wear those high heels with this casual/sporty dress I do not understand! More sporty/casual footwear would have looked better!
But the second look...wow, gorgeous. Love her hair. Her dress resambles a dressing gown a little but its fabric with soft print looks fantastic for a visit in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much better. Great length, lovely colors. Love the earrings paired with it :flowers:

It's a beautiful dress and a wonderful design.

Blue was a miss. Middle aged housewife housedress. Too long. Badly accessorized. I have seen Mary do casual well, this was not it. If going casual for free event, go casual.
:previous: exactly!

The other two print dresses are absolutely stunning, great hair & choice of jewellery too.

I prefer the blue and white dress to the other one. I don't like the sleeves on the other one. Sport luxe is in now so I'm guessing she and her stylists decided with the casual dress she should wear heels to make it not too casual.

I didn't really like the blue dress but other than that she's been spot on with her clothing choices. She looked gorgeous in the lace dress, (although I'll be glad when I stop seeing lace everywhere.. surely it's had its moment and we're ready to move on to another fabric)? The kimono inspired dress was fantastic. Obviously a nod to her hosts but not too in your face or overdone. And the flower print dress is lovely.

Once again very lovely look from Crown Princess Mary. I like that she added interesting detail with those shoes. Lovely hair and earrings too.
Overall its been very delightful to follow her fashion & style during the visit.

Wow the pants don't fit. Too tight, all the wrinkles and pulling. Amazing

Just love the cut and color and texture of the jacket. Like the gray turtleneck with it too.

While I don't care for the fringe bit, I like the color and texture of the jacket. It certainly looks better on Mary than on the model.

Love the jacket, very smart and chic for this time of year. She looks amazing with all the traveling she has been doing.....full of life and energy and in the moment with the people.

Beautiful coat and turtleneck. Warm fall look :flowers:

I don't like the fringe but from a distance you cant really tell.

I didn't care for this jacket on the model but on Mary it looks so chic and stylish. Perhaps its because Mary wore it with the grey turtleneck and dark trousers, so all those jacket's autum colors could stood out? Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom