The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Mary looking lovely in a white lace dress by Temperley London on day 2 in Japan today, October 9:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Back/side view ** Hair **

Old 10-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

STUNNING Dress and hair!

But what about the light blue shoes??? Why not white?
Sabine

Old 10-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Lovely dress & hairdo but why the shoes??
Old 10-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Not a fan of lace, but I like that dress. I like the shoes, but not with the dress; nothing to tie them together.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Majesty

beautiful dress,
I like the shoes adding a bit of color to an all white dress, without being too dramatic.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Majesty

The white dress is amazing.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Mary looking lovely in a white lace dress by Temperley London on day 2 in Japan today, October 9:
** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Back/side view ** Hair **
Very nice. Mary's shoe color goes with her earrings, same color blue. Subtle, but a match.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Majesty

Well spotted and indeed very subtle. This is the very epitome of elegance and not falling into the dreaded "too matchy, matchy" which would have been the height of fashion faux pas had her shoes been white.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Exquisite dress, love the craftsman ship in designing and making it, what a feat to do. Mary is just stunning, absolutely gorgeous in this dress. It somehow reminds me at first glance of Battenburg lace, as I have some and love it.

Thank you LN for picking up on the ice blue of her shoes to match her earrings, for they are so pretty, blue topaz or aquamarine with tiny diamonds really sets off the white.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Great catch with the earrings. I did not look at any close-up pictures so did not notice. However, now I see the bow at the neck so I do not like the dress as much.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Sorry not a fan of the dress. No surprise its a designer Kate wears. Honestly the dress makes me think of crochet or macromay more then lace.

But I do love the shoes. I like she added a pop of color.

I do wish she had gone with a bolder blue though. A subtle pop of color works at times but here with the white being so stark white, a bolder blue would have made more of an impact.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Nobility

I really liked Mary's soft updo and that lovely orchid in her hair. I am quite tired of lacy dresses and I wish that the lining didn't end at her knees. But Mary looks great in white!
Old 10-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Mary in a nice fresh looking dress on day 3 in Japan today, October 10:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **

And later attending an exhibition in a Japan-inspired dress:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Majesty

great choice of dresses for both occasions.

The first one, simple and nice. Planting a tree and visiting an exhibition and museum.

beautiful details in the second dress
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=xjtkiyDx
Old 10-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Majesty

The print dress is stunning. Beautiful colors.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Mary's Japanese inspired dress is exactly that, inspired. It is not too "kimono" and pays tribute with the subtle colours and print. Her subtly coloured shoes on this visit have been gorgeous. First the pretty baby blue and now the pretty powder pink.

"Pretty" is not something we do as daywear these days and Mary has made a terrific showing of just some of what we've been missing. Her entire ensembles have been "fit for purpose" . . . even the blue and white shirtwaister with it's workman-like turned up sleeves and her trusty shoes . . . perfect for gardening and filling a hole.

The dichotomy of those two ensembles is amazing. Ordinarily, I would have been waxing lyrical over the style, colour and length of her shirtwaister and loved the addition of a brown belt to compliment her shoes because she looks great. But, compared to the softer, prettier ensemble it really reduces the earlier dress to just meh.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Very pretty print on the 2nd dress.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Love both dresses a lot - very pretty, very approachable and photogenic. The light loves them both.

I personally think spectator shoes not a great choice with a full skirted shirtwaist dress.

Love the styling with the print dress.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the print dress, but the blue reminds me of the dresses I see Amish women wearing.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The blue shirtwaist really is pretty unattractive. She is slimmer than ever which is what you would have to be in this unflattering dress. It is voluminous and too long. The brown belt and brown shoes just add to the ugh factor. A rare miss for me. The pretty print dress, perfect length for her and nice soft colors and style is a hit. Japanese inspired and successful at it. Lovely hairdo. Such care taken in all her outfits.