The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is lovely. Floral prints are hit and miss with me, and this one not my fave, borders upholstery. But the beautiful soft style if the dress, and the colors save the look for me.

But what is on her head. I very rarely like fascinators but this one is just Sending secret messages to the kids to use it accidentally for a craft

Old 06-16-2017, 02:36 AM
Nobility

I would have liked better if this dress had been shorter or longer, now its length was not very flattering, plus she should have choosen shoes of some other color to better match with the dress.
But neverless its pretty floral dress.

BTW: Is it me or are we really seeing more floral dresses, skirts, blouses this spring than usually?

Old 06-16-2017, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
I would have liked better if this dress had been shorter or longer, now its length was not very flattering, plus she should have choosen shoes of some other color to better match with the dress.

BTW: Is it me or are we really seeing more floral dresses, skirts, blouses this spring than usually?
Yes, definitely been popular with royal women this year.

But it's one of the trends to look for this season. Popular with many designers including Letizia favoured Caroline Herrera.

Ultimate Floral Trend Guide For Spring/Summer 2017 | British Vogue
Old 06-16-2017, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Somehow I start feeling tired with all these floral Erdem dresses on royal ladies, very often they lack a clean cut but are floating around all over the place neither long or short, wide or tailored. Mary looks ok but I dont find the dress very flattering.
Maybe it looks better on somebody younger or more trendy/hipper.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

And none of you have thought how beautiful and warm a thought and gesture it is that Mary is wearing Japanese inspired dress and hairpin?
Old 06-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post

It's not just you. We are seeing a lot of florals and a LOT of 80s style items. Not sure that's a good thing
Old 06-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The fascinator is an old one from 2005: Mary from the start: Research Day 2005

It didn't work the first time and it doesn't do the trick now either, I'm afraid.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Somehow I start feeling tired with all these floral Erdem dresses
Not just you. I feel like Erdem is a one-trick pony.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
And none of you have thought how beautiful and warm a thought and gesture it is that Mary is wearing Japanese inspired dress and hairpin?
Uh I must be missing something. Erdem does have some Asian looking cuts and prints but this wouldn't be on my list. The sheer fabric no. And the flower pattern reminds me more of Victorian prints, or rococo. Nor do I see a link between the fascinator other than Japanese wear hair pins in traditionsl garb. Maybe I am missing something.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
It's not just you. We are seeing a lot of florals and a LOT of 80s style items. Not sure that's a good thing
I actually don't mind floral dresses when the patterns, colors and cuts are good. Good choice for spring or summer time in my opinion. However, I'm not sure that's a good thing 80s style makes its comeback. For some reason they bring into mind those smelly thrift stores and somehow those styles make wearer look older
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mary looked good and the headpiece was a good match.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Beautiful dress and lovely hairstyle for CP Mary today at the lunch who offer Queen Margrethe to CP Naruhito

http://binaryapi.ap.org/f86452d56388...g?wm=api&ver=0
http://binaryapi.ap.org/7ca649b5d3dc...g?wm=api&ver=0
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...875_-_kopi.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...18_lhl6445.jpg
Old 06-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Another floral dress and not really a fan of this one.

I don't like the bizarre waist, looks like gym shorts back in day, exposed elastic. I find the neckline makes it feel matronly.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like, it makes he look larger. And don't like the hair either
Old 06-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I don't like the dress either, very dowdy, again very Kate/Erdem style.

Hair is suitable to the Little House on the Prairie style but not the most flattering style for Mary.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Its Ganni. And it is actually a skirt and top.

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/06/q...for-crown.html

Ganni does have a dress in line, but it's a shirt dress style.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Nobility

This is one of the few times I haven't liked her hair. It's not flattering at all. It ages her a bit imo.

Not a fan of the floral dress either.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Terrible middle parted school marm hairdo. The dress is equally unattractive, puckering all across the hip area, can't help anyone, and the color green and floral is nauseating
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 AM
Nobility

I like the print, not crazy about the cut. And her hair -- can we tell if it's in a braid down her back? I think I would love that.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:13 AM
Nobility

Its quite strange but next to Queen Margrethe II (who was dressed in a lovely pink dress and jacket) the Crown Princess looks somehow...dowdy.
Actually its not even bad look per se but I think that this hairstyle was wrong for this outfit. A lovely top knot would have suited better this outfit.

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary fashion, princess mary casual style, princess mary daytime fashion, princess mary fashion, princess mary hats, princess mary style