Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Black Coat

PPE

Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I think it was just the shot that they took. I don't mind the the knees showing we all have them. She is a woman and why not show it.
It doesn't have to do with style, Seto. Of course she is a woman and she can show whatever she wants [among the royal standards and protocol statements she must follow, that is] ...! It has to do mainly with her legs and their shape. She is a well-built woman, therefore she has 'strong legs' and sometimes it doesn't look that good in pictures, when wearing above-the-knee length skirts.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

29-01-2006
Máxima wearing an orange blouse in Japan-style

Máxima
PPE

Old 01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Could someone remind me please, does she ever wore a gown during any of her previous pregnancies?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Though I am a little bit reluctant towards Maxima´s pattern-craze regarding coats, I must say this one is very nice. Nice option for wearing oranje
Old 02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Could someone remind me please, does she ever wore a gown during any of her previous pregnancies?

Thanks
short evening dress - worn in 2005 posted be Gomdnatt in Crown Princess Maxima Recycles Her Clothes
short dress - this is very pretty, love the color.i just love it. this was worn in 10-03-2005
Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I must say that pregnant women in general really have to improvise evening clothes, as designers don't seem to think that pregant women go to galas, thus they don't really design for them. However, I have to say, I think that most pregnant women improvise admirably, and especially in the royal circle where dress is even more closely watched, I think that as a general rule they all do very well!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
I must say that pregnant women in general really have to improvise evening clothes, as designers don't seem to think that pregant women go to galas, thus they don't really design for them. However, I have to say, I think that most pregnant women improvise admirably, and especially in the royal circle where dress is even more closely watched, I think that as a general rule they all do very well!
you do have a good point, i also think many of the royals can afford to have gowns made.Its easier to find short gowns than long ones.but yes they do a great job
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think this one was the most wonmderful pregnancy eveningdress so far:

pink Prinsjesdag-dress
pink
pink2

anp

Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Personally, and I might get attacked for this, but I think with her past 2 pregnancies, she has looked much, much better.
It seems as if this pregnancy has taken a lot out of her and she is not really trying to look good. Her hair is always a mess, her skin is dull, her clothes always looks rumpled or messy and if they don't really fit. And it seems as if she is using the colors and the patterns to try and hide these things, which is fine, but she just looks as if she is having a hard time with getting things together. She is missing her sparkle.
The only time I have seen her look really good (during the evening only) was on a recent state trip that she did. Don't remember where, but she wore 2 very nice evening dresses, one was a white slip dress and the other a lace rusty/orange colored dress. It was very early in her pregnancy so maybe she was not as tired. I don't know. But really, this was the only time she has looked all pulled together in my book.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Personally, and I might get attacked for this, but I think with her past 2 pregnancies, she has looked much, much better.
It seems as if this pregnancy has taken a lot out of her and she is not really trying to look good. Her hair is always a mess, her skin is dull, her clothes always looks rumpled or messy and if they don't really fit. And it seems as if she is using the colors and the patterns to try and hide these things, which is fine, but she just looks as if she is having a hard time with getting things together. She is missing her sparkle.
The only time I have seen her look really good (during the evening only) was on a recent state trip that she did. Don't remember where, but she wore 2 very nice evening dresses, one was a white slip dress and the other a lace rusty/orange colored dress. It was very early in her pregnancy so maybe she was not as tired. I don't know. But really, this was the only time she has looked all pulled together in my book.
I agree somewhat. I wonder though what she will wear for King Harald's birthday party. I hope she is doing something nice\glamourous.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
I agree. Although the first new-zealand eveningdress was my alltime favorite, with all the different colours.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

06-02-2007- Picture
Old 02-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
06-02-2007- Picture
Cute coat!
When was this?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Cute coat!
When was this?
6 feb 2007
Old 02-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Commoner

Very pretty coat on her. She looks crisp and elegant.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

evening wear, maxima in oslo. the jacket fur trim was beautiful. overall she looked wonderful
Old 02-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Maxima looks very beautiful in Oslo. But what makes the dress and the coat is Maxima. Her natural glow was so evident last night and that's what made the outfit a succes, IMO. I also like her hair, shiny and sleek. It all worked!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Maxima in a black coat, visit to Turkey Day 1- picture
A red/pink outfit - picture 1
Old 02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Maxima looks very beautiful in Oslo. But what makes the dress and the coat is Maxima. Her natural glow was so evident last night and that's what made the outfit a succes, IMO. I also like her hair, shiny and sleek. It all worked!
I can only add tHAT SHE WAS THE MOST ELEGANT!

Tags
maternity fashion, princess maxima