Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Wow, look at her belly!
Dress
She looked great! The dress itself is great!
I just think the jacket didn't really fit...

I like that dress......it's an interesting pattern and one I'd wear myself if I had anywhere fancy to go.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
Is this just a bad photo - caught in the wind? In the one posted by Her Majesty she doesn´t look so bad.
The problem with MAxima right now is that it always looks like she is caught in the wind, even when she is inside She wore some lovely pregnancy clothes with Alexia, maybe she could recycle some of them or maybe they are to cold for early winter

Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think in the beginning of her marriage she dressed more conservatively, probably to please the court (Laurentien said in an interview that they interfered with her choise of clothes to, though not anymore....sadly ) while now she is more secure of her role and she feels she can esperiment a bit more with her clothes. Sadly the result of such experiments usually look messy. Maybe we should send the picture of Maxima with the boots, shawl, bare knees etc. to Eikenhorst, so they will see for themselves that not all ideas work out in real life.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Nobility

I also do not really get what Maxima is thinking the last times, i mean she can look gorgeous, think of last prinsjesdag. I also think that she must darker stockings to go with these boots, the dress is not even bad at all i like it but that big scarve thing needs to goo..
a few weeks ago she wore these golden shoes with these truly afull stockings http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...4085662&pos=37
look at this picture, the coat is really beatifull, but than with those shoes and stockings im having a bit of hope when she becomes queeen,
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

must say whay does she always well nearly always , were dress's and skirts above the knee???
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Nobility

I think it was just the shot that they took. I don't mind the the knees showing we all have them. She is a woman and why not show it.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus

15-12-2006
Wearing a Leopard-pattern
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...6%20Amersfoort

16-12-2006
Máxima wearing a black dress and a coat with flower-pattern
Picture from PPE

Old 12-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I can´t believe how horrible she´s dressing. That mini-dress, 70´s pattern is awful, the boots don´t go with that, and what are you doing with that poncho
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Courtier

I'm sorry to say: but it seems she lost all sense for style during this pregnancy! I hope it won't get worse!
Leopard/Tiger prints are "in"... but on Máxima t looks old fashioned and terrible...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Nobility

If you look closely at the patterned dress there is dark red in it so the boots do match.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
I can´t believe how horrible she´s dressing. That mini-dress, 70´s pattern is awful, the boots don´t go with that, and what are you doing with that poncho
I agree. Her hormones have made her go crazy. This has nothint to do anymore with the spouse to the future King of the Netherlands.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I agree. Her hormones have made her go crazy. This has nothint to do anymore with the spouse to the future King of the Netherlands.
Why am I no longer surprised with your retorts! Pity! This is exactly the kind of answer one would expect from an uninformed man as regards to the hormonal changes occuring in a pregnant woman.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I always weiting for that whta she can and will show us next time. I mean fer clothes.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think she looked so terrible -- she didn't wear strong makeup (at least in the pic it did not look like it).

I think those fabrics look nice on her
Old 12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Why am I no longer surprised with your retorts! Pity! This is exactly the kind of answer one would expect from an uninformed man as regards to the hormonal changes occuring in a pregnant woman.
I have no any other explanation for the fact that the spouse of The Prince of Orange who has, aside from the spouse of The Prince of Wales, the biggest budget of all spouses to glitz, to glam and to gloria. And look what she is doing.... <Removed offensive comparison/Mandy>

This outfit really was the lowest of the low. Máxima has joined the ranks of Gunilla von Bismarck or the Begum Inaara.

Tacky, tacky, t.a.c.k.y.!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

If the red patterned dress had just been longer covering her knees (her knees aren't attractive) and top half of her boots, it would've looked much better.
I did like her black & white patterned coat over the black dress and the turqoise purse matched the turqoise in the coat.
Maybe she has less energy with this pregnancy to bother with what she wears. Pregnancy can be very difficult and tiresome, especially if you have 2 other children to care for. Just a thought.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I have no any other explanation for the fact that the spouse of The Prince of Orange who has, aside from the spouse of The Prince of Wales, the biggest budget of all spouses to glitz, to glam and to gloria. And look what she is doing.... <Removed offensive comparison/Mandy>

This outfit really was the lowest of the low. Máxima has joined the ranks of Gunilla von Bismarck or the Begum Inaara.

Tacky, tacky, t.a.c.k.y.!!!!!!!!!!
YIKES! Both that Gunilla and this Begum Inaara! they both look awful! OMG!

Especially the 2nd woman, she looks like she's had not only her face pulled back surgically, but also a whole syringe of collagen injected into her lips. yeeeecccchhh!

She sure isn't aging gracefully (from that pic).

HenriM. -- I agree that Maxima has some fashion misses and her hair needed to be pinned back on more than one occasion its true, but she has never looked as bad as those you compare her to, imo.

Oh well, I guess it's just all in the eye of the beholder
Old 12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I have to say that Maxima has always been a favorite of mine. It's such a contrast in that she always looks gorgeous when she's dressed for formal occasions yet for day appearances, she can either look marvelous or off in her choice of outfits. I've noticed that Maxima likes shoes with ankle straps and they aren't really suitable for her. Your eyes immediately travel to her ankles and it seems her legs are cut off! I have slender ankles and calves, but these type of shoes make my legs look HUGE!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Commoner

She looks very pretty in every outfit, she's one of the few europe royals who has a good taste for clothing.

IMO I'm sorry but Kalina of Bulgary should learn more from her, be part of royalty and have money doesn't mean you can look awful
Old 01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna
I've noticed that Maxima likes shoes with ankle straps and they aren't really suitable for her. Your eyes immediately travel to her ankles and it seems her legs are cut off! I have slender ankles and calves, but these type of shoes make my legs look HUGE!
Same for me! Ankle straps should never be chosen when your ankles are that wide (mine are too, this is not mere criticism). I would also add that her knees should not show that much as well.

Tags
maternity fashion, princess maxima