Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 5: April 2017 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the floral dress. Very Titania in Midsummer Night's Dream. The Saint Laurent is an odd fit, I agree it works best on her as she is not very well-endowed so it doesn't look crass but the fit is still weird. She looks better in the pics where she's sitting down though.

I notice she is wearing more luxury pieces lately from different brands, like the different Prada bags whereas before she'd carry Gucci or something totally unknown. I wonder if she also gets the Pradas as freebies.

That wouldn't be surprising. Celebs, models and it girls (she's basically all of them) get send free stuff all the time.

She looks incredibly beautiful and ethereal in that photo...the old Charlotte C. seems to be slooowly returning after a lengthy absence.;)

That's a really perfect dress and tops for the Gucci marmont camera bag but the flats are too casual. They look like my favorite ballet flats--Repetto--so comfy but more suited for long commutes or running boring errands that require one to wear jeans and summer dresses, not this dress.

Such a gorgeous dress. And perfect for these spring going into summer events.

Ok in the first photo where she is walking I didn't think I cared for the dress at all. But in the still photo where the pleats are clearly defined I can agree with everyone...it's perfectly lovely!:)

the dress is overly fussy and her posture really ruins it

Charlotte has an unbelievably beautiful face and is slim without being too slim. Pretty much any piece of clothing should look fantastic on her but she's always had horrible posture and it really takes away from the overall effect of her fashion choices.

(and I say this as someone with horrible posture.. I'm working on it. ;) )

Love the white dress and sunglasses! Wonder if her sunglasses are Gucci or Celine.

This white dress looks very lovely and romantic. But its not right for someone of Charlotte's height. It was meant for someone shorter.

This white dress looks very lovely and romantic. But its not right for someone of Charlotte's height. It was meant for someone shorter.
Sorry but I disagree - Charlotte is pretty average height and I think that is the length that it is intended to be.

It's a lovely dress - I like the detailing. I'm not sure about the dark ballerinas she paired it with.

Charlotte looking great in black at the Club by Albane in Cannes yesterday, May 22:

** Upper part **

Charlotte in creme white at the Women in Motion lunch in Cannes today, May 22:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

The white dress is very pretty and she wore it well. Unfortunately the black ballerinas didn't look good with the outfit nor the black bag, she should've went for something softer in color. A nice pair of fats with straps or wraps around would've looks so much nicer.

I have to admit Charlotte has been looking lovely lately (aka the past few months). I don't know if it's her makeup or what, but whatever it is she's been looking young/fresh/innocent/dewy/a "glow" about her (even her hair's been looking better & healthier). :) My favorite dress thus far was the romantic Gucci one. Only downside is she inherited her father's bad posture, which I don't expect to change ever. *sigh* It's a shame though because if she would stand up straighter she would be closer to 5'8" tall instead of 5'7"+, even though her height on several occasions makes her look like a giraffe next to women whom stand 5'2", et al.

The white dress is to die for. But for God's sake... Enough of this bag in all colours. It turns into an obsession. Gucci has nothing else to sell?

:previous: So true. She likes her handbags neutral, which is a pity IMO, since she is a Gucci brand ambassador and if there's anything at all that they're doing right at the moment, it's accessories. Can she not get her hands on the old Dionysius blooms or this Marmont jacquard to go with that dress? How come Elle Fanning gets all the nice bags lol

In the Gucci website a pink version of the dress can be found, it's 100% silk and costs almost 7,000 USD. I think the white version looks better.

Last edited:
Sorry but I disagree - Charlotte is pretty average height and I think that is the length that it is intended to be.

It's a lovely dress - I like the detailing. I'm not sure about the dark ballerinas she paired it with.

Its wonderful how differently people see things :flowers: I would like to see this dress on someone who's not 1,7m tall like Charlotte is. I think this dress would look better on someone who's shorter. Now when I looked at Charlotte my first though was "She's outgrown out of this dress" (i'd expect that the bodice ends at her waist but it ends above and thus creates weird propotions). Its hard to explain but I feel like its not the dress that's for Charlotte's body frame.

Last edited:
It is not very clear how tall is Charlotte. The only official data for Grimaldis for comparison we could use is Beatrice, who is 1.76 (written in her official model book), but I don't thing that Charlotte is only 6 cm shorter than Béatrice.
The other reference is Pauline, I her official sport participation document it was written 1.67. IMO Charlotte is closer to Pauline's height than to Beatrice

The dress on this model fits the same way as it did Charlotte. A shorter person wearing that dress would look too girly, IMO, and be overwhelmed by the fussy top.

Its wonderful how differently people see things :flowers: I would like to see this dress on someone who's not 1,7m tall like Charlotte is. I think this dress would look better on someone who's shorter. Now when I looked at Charlotte my first though was "She's outgrown out of this dress" (i'd expect that the bodice ends at her waist but it ends above and thus creates weird propotions). Its hard to explain but I feel like its not the dress that's for Charlotte's body frame.
You're right - and the world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things.

I think Charlotte is about 5'6 or 5'7 but possibly she has a slightly longer torso which affects where the waist sits. I was thinking more of the hemline which could risk being a bit frumpy if it hit the wrong part of the leg.

Like you said - different perspectives. ?

Charlotte looking great in a red Chanel dress at the Vanity Fair CHANEL dinner in Cannes yesterday, May 24:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The dress on this model fits the same way as it did Charlotte. A shorter person wearing that dress would look too girly, IMO, and be overwhelmed by the fussy top.

Thanks for posting this link. Moby :flowers: I liked this dress better on the model because on her that fussy detailing sits better but as the model is 5'10", then this dress was meant for someone taller or with shorter torso, and not on shorter woman like I first thought. I felt like something was wrong with the way this dress fitted Charlotte. This kind of detailing can be tricky ;)

Charlotte looking great in a red Chanel dress at the Vanity Fair CHANEL dinner in Cannes yesterday, May 24:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Yes, she looks great in a red dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
My pleasure, Mari-Anne.

The red dress fits her well and I like seeing her match shoe color to the dress for once, though I usually don't like that kind of safe accessorizing. But it's good to make an exception once in a while. The frayed hem thing going on one sleeve is much too frayed though.

Link to Charlotte's hairstylist's IG acct during the Women in Motion event: John Nollet

Last edited:
The cream/white dress from 5/22 is a dead ringer for Jackie Kennedy's wedding dress (to Onassis)......isn't it?????

:previous: It definitely came to mind when I first saw it, the color and the pleats on the skirt very much resemble the Valentino Jackie wore to marry Onassis!;)

I didn't realise how much I miss seeing Charlotte in Chanel now she's wearing one again besides at the Rose Ball.

Looks outstanding on her. A bit of a bummer you could tell she was sweating her arse off in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom