Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakshmi

Serene Highness
City
Arizona
Country
United States
LadyS said:
Found this site with a brief note that Charlene is driving a new Audi TT.

Charlene Wittstock Drives New Audi TT | The Garage

There is also one photo and an apparent press release from Audi.

Beautiful car. Charlene's look could have been more finished in that pic. Especially her hair could be better done(combed). She seems not to be styled for professional photo shot.

it is a lovely car! i dont think Audi would do a promo shoot without professional makeup artist and hairstylists. maybe they were going for the natural look.,

Countess Lissa said:
it is a lovely car! i dont think Audi would do a promo shoot without professional makeup artist and hairstylists. maybe they were going for the natural look.,

Its a very casual shot. One that works well for the setting I think.

does she not own anything else to wear but halter tops? halter tops for dressy, halter tops for casual. what's odd is they don't become her body type with those wide shoulders and little head, doesn't she look at photos of herself? is it in the job description of official companion, rule #1 halter tops are to be worn whether they look good on you or not.

bbb said:
does she not own anything else to wear but halter tops? halter tops for dressy, halter tops for casual. what's odd is they don't become her body type with those wide shoulders and little head, doesn't she look at photos of herself? is it in the job description of official companion, rule #1 halter tops are to be worn whether they look good on you or not.

Hi bbb,
While I agree with everyting you've said they are her trade mark as that is mostly all we have seen her in, so I can see why she posed in them - it's Charlene.

CW's outfit at the fashion show reminds me of the infamous dress Eva Sannum, the Prince of Asturia's ex-girlfriend, wore to the Norwegian CP wedding reception - aesthetically offensive.

I saw the pics and I have to say her outfit really is a bad choice....to put it nicely.....

Fashion show pics

tammy81 said:
I saw the pics and I have to say her outfit really is a bad choice....to put it nicely.....
I reviewed the pics from the fashion show that Miss Wittstock attended with HSH Prince Albert.The deep purple which photographed as sulfuric blue trademark halter dress [with grommets and laces down the front of the neckline} that Miss Wittsock sported was in a garish shade that does not become anybody's colouring and was unflattering as a result on this occasion.It contrasted nicely however I thought with the Jean Harlow like shade of her hair retouched.The textile of the halter dress if my eyes do not betray me was duchesse satin which shines & is primarily utilized in Las Vegas, theatrical personalities and back in my day we used it for our robes, pajamas and linings of our suits and coats.For Miss Wittsock's theoretical height the length of the skirt was short to create symmetry and exposed what to me and Chanel is part of the anatomy that is optically difficult; the knee ;or kneecaps.Miss Wittsock's knees along with those of all women should be covered whether jutting like promontories or rounder like Betty Grable's.I did not discern a waist in her silhouette which is a critical factor of a beauteous figure.Further, I thought I saw lame[silver] shoes[ with a strap at or above the ankle] and matching beaded handbag which should have been black or any other colour as lame is reserved again for the dancefloors, ballrooms & theater. Once again shoes that tie at or above the ankle are to signify an affinity for ballet[I am hopeful] and dancing and worn inside the lengths of evening gowns. I thought there was a lack of sophistication in the selection of such an ensemble and possibly appropriateness for the occasion and that Miss Wittsock has no apparent aesthetic sensibility of magnitude which touches or inspires me personally, hence no matured aesthetic endurance against time yet in my opinion alone..JMO.

Jaya said:
I reviewed the pics from the fashion show that Miss Wittstock attended with HSH Prince Albert.The sulfuric blue trademark halter top that Miss Wittsock sported was in a garish shade that does not become anybody's colouring and was unflattering as a result on this occasion.It contrasted nicely however I thought with the Jean Harlow like shade of her hair retouched.The textile of the halter top if my eyes do not betray me was duchesse satin which shines & is primarily utilized in Las Vegas, theatrical personalities and back in my day we used it for our robes, pajamas and linings of our suits and coats.For Miss Wittsock's theoretical height the length of the skirt was short to create symmetry and exposed what to me and Chanel is part of the anatomy that is optically difficult; the knee ;or kneecaps.Miss Wittsock's knees along with those of all women should be covered whether jutting like promontories or rounder like Betty Grable's.I did not discern a waist in her silhouette which is a critical factor of a beauteous figure.Further, I thought I saw lame[silver] shoes[ that tie at the ankle] and matching handbag which should have been black or any other colour as lame is reserved again for the dancefloors, ballrooms & theater. Once again shoes that tie at the ankle are to signify an affinity for ballet[I am hopeful] and dancing and worn inside the lengths of long evening gowns. I thought there was a lack of sophistication in the selection of such an ensemble and possibly appropriateness for the occasion and that Miss Wittsock has no apparent aesthetic sensibility of magnitude which touches or inspires me personally, hence no matured aesthetic endurance against time yet in my opinion alone..JMO.

well, alright then ;) .

:flowers:

anybody have any pics of this 'outfit'?

Lillia said:
well, alright then ;) .

:flowers:
anybody have any pics of this 'outfit'?

Here is a gallery of pictures from Polfoto, where you can see many pictures of them.
Though I'm not a fan of dress as well, I would say Charlene looks quite nice. :)

Avalon...thank you for the pics.

I actually thinks she looks nice. But we all have different perferences.

Maybe not princess material but she is not a princess is she. But then again....Stephanie has worn some questionable items as well and she is a princess.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22052&d=1066424414
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22056&d=1066425018
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170825&d=1121809822

Zonk said:
Maybe not princess material but she is not a princess is she. But then again....Stephanie has worn some questionable items as well and she is a princess.
Yes, but Stephanie is princess by birth! IMO there's a big difference between how two types of princesses (royalty in general) can and should behave....

I didn't like CW dress either. And I ALWAYS seem to notice her shoulders before anything else...

shappica said:
Yes, but Stephanie is princess by birth! IMO there's a big difference between how two types of princesses (royalty in general) can and should behave....

I didn't like CW dress either. And I ALWAYS seem to notice her shoulders before anything else...

Well...as I stated its all about personal choice and you certainly don't have to like her dress.

As for your first statement...I am a little confused. Because Stephanie is a princess by birth she can wear daring dressess but a girlfriend or companion can not? When it comes down to it...who is really representing Monaco...Stephanie or Charlene. There is no need to answer here...I would hate to throw the thread off track.....I will also pose the question here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/what-do-you-think-charlene-11841-8.html

I rather liked the shoes (dancing or otherwise) but I must say I think she was a little unwise with the dress. A lot of modern dresses are quite revealing, but this did not look too 'classy'.

What little I have seen of Charlene makes me think she is a pleasant girl, but perhaps a little out of her depth (no pun intended) among European royalty. However, I am sure she could learn if given the right guidance. But who is there in Monaco who could (or would want to) take her under their wing and give the advice? If Princess Grace was alive, and she liked her, she would be ideal. But she isn't. And I have a feeling that neither Caroline nor Stephanie would do it. (Of course, I could be quite wrong.)

I just feel that Albert is going to have to take the plunge (sorry, another Freudian slip) soon and find someone to marry. He is getting older, and his girlfriends are still young. That could lead to a generation gap causing problems in the future. He shows no interest in woment nearer his age - although this would limit the chances of him producing an heir.

As one who spends a fortune with a good colorist and who likes the sun and sitting poolside in the summer, I can assure you that Charlene won't be doing any training in the near future. Even with a bathing cap, she could expose her hair to chlorine. The results: green. And I mean a horrible shade of green that takes the most experienced colorists a heck of a lot of time and effort to neutralize. (Not personal experience, but first hand.)

I'm not sure that if I were Charlene I would have gone to a fashion show, knowing I was sitting in the front row looking like that. She was ready for a nightclub...Albert on the other hand looked like he was going to a college interview. Was this a daytime affair? I'm totally confused...

no class, I'm sorry . and that's not an outfit you wear whn you are the guest of a head of state. she looks like a waitress, very las vegas show girl.

brother said:
no class, I'm sorry . and that's not an outfit you wear whn you are the guest of a head of state. she looks like a waitress, very las vegas show girl.

Obviously Albert didn't mind her outfit. I think he would have made her change if he had. What about the outfit that the woman on the other side of Albert is wearing?

Well now, perhaps she could have gotten away with wearing something shiny and low cut, or perhaps she could have gotten away with something low cut and not shiny...but shiny, low cut AND (dear God help us) laced loosely down the front to just above the abdomen.

Well, let us hope someone explains how encompassing three such in your face signifiers of "availability" in one outfit is a bit much...especially when your date is wearing kakhis and a navy blazer.

Had they both been dressed for the evening it would not be so jarring.
Albert looks like he's going to an afternoon luncheon with his aunt and picked up Paris Hilton on the way.

It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look <removed unroyal word> unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyMichelle said:
Even though I don't like the color/material of the dress, she looks nice here, even though it looks call-girl ish. The woman in black next to her is wearing a body baring dress, but she carries herself much better.

miraglia1983 said:
It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look trashy and unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.

Excellent point and well said. You have to wonder if Albert and his staff is making any effort to help Charlene fit in in some of these occasions. Private time between the two of them and black tie galas she does okay (her taste isn't mine but to each his/her own), but it seems to be these "in-between" functions that present a problem (much as "business casual" does for many people).

brother said:

a little bit 'waitress' - true I agree. I know I would not have chosen those shoes that's for sure - but ok, shiny halter dresses and glittery stiletto is her taste at the moment. Aside from the shine, I don't think the dress itself is all that bad, but she could have done a little better. She needs to make friends with someone that has more refined fashion sense (I mean that in a nice way)

CW looks like she's got the Monaco tan going pretty well. She seems to be fine (shiny and all) and he keeps inviting her places...

So then as long as CW keeps that up, she'll be fine with Albert because he's into waitresses (the mothers of his 2 children were 'waitress' - NC was a waitress on an airplane, TR was a waitress in some restaurant somewhere). Just what he likes.:lol:

Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....

I really love the dress especially the colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom