Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 3: April 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope that CW does not do a turnabout and and change Armani for another designer in her bridal selection.Armani brought her to today... he knows her figure and what makes her look sensational. Cw was always savvy in the dress department.Her ability to wear Akris is lovely but Armani should be the one for the bridal gown even if Lagerfeld wishes now to praise Charlene.Armani took her on as a client before she had the ring.
I hope the rumour mill is not true about CW changing horses in mid stream - does not sound like her anyway.

Last edited:
I would think it would be too late to change designers the wedding is two months a way the dress should be well under way now.

I sincerely hope that CW does not do a turnabout and and change Armani for another designer in her bridal selection.Armani brought her to today... he knows her figure and what makes her look sensational. Cw was always savvy in the dress department.Her ability to wear Akris is lovely but Armani should be the one for the bridal gown even if Lagerfeld wishes now to praise Charlene.Armani took her on as a client before she had the ring.
I hope the rumour mill is not true about CW changing horses in mid stream - does not sound like her anyway.

One could create the wedding gown & the another designer could create the civil wedding outfit :)

If I was a woman of means in the public eye, I would really be unhappy if I was stuck with only one designer and confined to use that fashion house exclusively...no matter how wonderfully the said fashion house has dressed me in the past. :sad:

I think CW is just discovering fashion, and how fun it can be when you are attractive and young-ish and have both the figure and the money to indulge yourself...I don't see why she can't branch out but keep Armani as her "go-to" designer, so to speak.

Anyway I agree with dazzling...I think Armani will create one of her outfits at least..and perhaps another designer will do the second one.

Full view ** Close up **
yuk thats looks like something i would have worn back in the 80's-for heaven sake no shoulderpads...her shoulders are too broad, wear a pair of red shoes..a little color never hurts anyone esp when they are away from the face and stop wearing your hair in a ponytail-thats for kids
i think she should go with 1930's dresses and suite styles...but no v-necklines back for her long face, no short skirts, try some wedge heels and and not high heels in pics she looks weird in heels i dont know why but to me it looks rather weird...so what do u all think of that because that girl needs help

nawww shes in the spotlight now-and im sure she can get help if she wanted to.

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/gy91e4j
nice dress but get rid of the shawl....its to much and add some color...steel gray is to plain,,,what about that dress in a soft pink, lavender or sage green? soft pastels would match her skin very well but no grays, oranges,nothing black imo

She doesn't need any help whatsoever.

I agree, once you see the whole look she did wear it well, she was very confident, she has the height & the body to wear such designs. Do you know who designed the dress?

The wedding outfit I found very boring cut & color wise also very shapeless.

According to Hello...the evening dress was by Albert Kriemier, and the wedding day coat and clutch were made by Swiss designer Akris.

But I thought that I read that Albert Kreimer was the Swiss designer who was the head designer at Akris?

In other words, Kreimer IS Akris, no? I am certain that is what it said at the fashion house's website.

But I thought that I read that Albert Kreimer was the Swiss designer who was the head designer at Akris?

In other words, Kreimer IS Akris, no? I am certain that is what it said at the fashion house's website.

That I don't know.....I am not that into fashion. What I reported is what the Hello captions read...they could be right or wrong. I am sure someone else can confirm.

Yes, designer of Arkis :)

Charlene today, May 14, attending the inauguration of a garden in Menton, France.

I think we can already say "typical light Charlene colours" ;) white jacket with a light
blue dress - I like it, only the earrings are not of my taste in that combination.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I think Charlene has done very well in the past months. She has a great body and access to top class designers and usually choses - or is advised - designes that suit her. I liked both wedding outfits.

As long as she stays away from hollywood style dresses and stuff that emphazises her shoulders she is easily among the best dressed royals on my personal list.

Yes I totally agree with your post Duke, very well dressed, but I prefered someone like Maxima, who is not always well dressed and she is brilliant, vivacious, smiling if not laughing, warm, etc... where Charlene is totally ... absent. She is engaged for nearly one year, she got plenty of time to adjust her position, for me I prefer someone maybe less well dressed but with personality and charisma. So Yes she is very well dressed, but that's really all that she has. I'm really really disapointed because I used to really love her and was so happy for albert, so the disapointed is greater for me. Princess Grace was so radiant and had a so beautiful smile. Life seems to be not so beautiful if you look at Charlene. What sad sad appearance

Charlene seems to be quiet and shy and to me there is nothing wrong with that. I think you would have to sit and spend time with her to know what her personality is like. As for her being engaged nearly a year and being used to her new role, she is probably aware that people are watching and judging every move she makes and comparing her to Grace that can't be easy.

Yes I agree with Rosapru. She has come on leaps and bounds in the last twelve months & has worn some very elegant clothes, but as yet we have only had the odd glimpse of a natural rather than forced demeanour when on "duty" . I really hope she will grow into her role, but I can't help thinking that the Royals who have this ability to "shine" have it from the start & just get better at it as the years go by.

Charlene today, May 14, attending the inauguration of a garden in Menton, France.

I think we can already say "typical light Charlene colours" ;) white jacket with a light
blue dress - I like it, only the earrings are not of my taste in that combination.

Any pictures of the dress without the jacket. I do like the look on her despite the fact that the white doesn't quite match.

Both jacket & dress are lovely pieces and very elegant but a pity she did wear a jacket over that dress as the jacket has covered up what looks like detailing on the dress.

Hmmmm...she looks exquisite in the second photo, but I am not sure about the fit of that pale blue dress...that looks like the jacket she wore with those beige pants a few weeks ago?

Someone compared CW's personality to Maxima's..I mean seriously...I like Maxima but can anyone imagine her as Princess of a place like Monaco?? :ohmy:

Maxima is emotional and exuberant, but she is not elegant at all imo.

And in reverse CW may be too low energy for some, but I think she oozes serenity and elegance.

In other words her personality is perfect for a place like Monaco.

No one has commented on her holding on to Prince Albert, that must be a first! :whistling:

No one has commented on her holding on to Prince Albert, that must be a first! :whistling:

Well, this is a fashion thread, so there is no need to comment on that ;)

Any pictures of the dress without the jacket. I do like the look on her despite the fact that the white doesn't quite match.

Jemagre, I think she didn't take the jacket off during the event, the agency has added
more pics in the meantime (see the couple's current events thread), but none is without
the jacket.

Very nice, soft colours. I like the dress and the jacket, not sure if I like the two together though.

Charlene looks pulled together and is crisp. But the light colours do wash her out a bit.The hemline of the dress is too short and needs to be taken down two inches so as to be able to bring her back into focus.LOvely gold earrings.

Does anyone remember that dark emerald green evening gown with sequins that CW wore to one of her first public appearance in Monaco?

She received a LOT of criticism for it, and it was shortly after that Armani and his team took over her wardrobe....she has not appeared in public in jewel tones ever since.

So I am wondering if CW has decided, or been advised...to stick with a neutral palette due to her very fair coloring and to avoid jewel tones altogether?

Charlene Wittstock yesterday, May 18, at the presentation of jewels in Monaco.

So far there are only pics of the upper part, but I think it looks good on her,
the colours and print and the well-chosen accessories are nice. Her favourite
dress cut as to the naked shoulders ;), she seems to feel comfortable with it.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yes I like this look, but most importantly she looks far more relaxed and comfortable.

This week Charlene has recycled her dots dress from April, this time without a coat, for my
personal taste it looked better together with that coat as the dots are a bit too much for
her.

** Pic ** Same dress on April 23 **

And today, May 19, Charlene attended the amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala in Antibes, France.

A very elegant look!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Last edited:
PERFECT. PERFECT. PERFECT... She is beginning to rival CP's Letizia and Maxima in glamming it up for evening events!

CW...please no more botox on your mouth..if that is indeed what you have done.

I don't know ANY women who look good or normal after using that crap. :sad:

Charlenes gala dresses are great, simple, elegant and very fitting. She should stay away from bare shoulders though, this dress offers an elegant design in that respect.

Love it. I like the detail in the upper part of the dress, even the crystal(?) belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom