The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, SGL. Here are a couple more of lovely Carina:

One

Two

Three (At a seperate party for another family friend)

Old 06-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

When was the third photo taken? I like her dress, and I can't decide if I have seen it before, or if it is similar to another dress that she has been photographed in. She has a lovely style, and photos of her are few and far between. I am hoping that maybe we'll get to see a photo of Carina attending the birthday gala.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The image was from a party for some man named Fritiz, I believe.

Here are some better shots of Carina from the luncheon:

One

Two

One picture from the concert (wearing her signature pearl necklace). Here are a series of images from the concert via Royal Portraits.nl.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the details on the waist of her dress from the concert. The shape of the dress was simple, but very girly. I really like her satin shoes. There is just something very lovely about black satin shoes.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

You're right, SGL. The waist detail is lovely, but imo the dress, overall, is okay. Something isn't "working" for me about this black dress... Here are some better shots of the dress:

One and Two
Old 06-11-2009, 06:08 AM
Courtier

The dress is nice and the shoes also
But I agree with you glitteringtiaras that there is something that doesn't work totally.
I don't know how to explain this correctly but I think this due to the false sleeves.There was not cut in the material to make those sleeves.
This kind of dress is lovely when it's sleevless.Rania,Mary and I think Letizia had already worn this kind of dress but without sleeves if i'm not mistaken.
With this kind of sleeves it looks as if Carina hasn't worn a bra and makes the shoulders looks strange.
Anyway ,Carina looks lovely
Old 06-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

BB Picture

Carina looked really lovely. I liked the details of the dress. I agree that the dress looks weird around the shoulders. Anyway: All in all she looked elegant.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

In this picture it seems that Carina is wearing one of Mary's dresses (She is standing behind Mary and Victoria.) Hopefully, we will find a better shot of the dress soon.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
In this picture it seems that Carina is wearing one of Mary's dresses (She is standing behind Mary and Victoria.) Hopefully, we will find a better shot of the dress soon.
Your right, the one that was worn in Thailand last year. Pink and floaty.
How nice that if it is, friends sharing clothes.
Carina looked beautiful yesterday aswell. Black looks very stylish.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is Carina at the gala dinner for Prince Henrik's birthday on 11 June 2009:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...k/14155573.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...k/14155555.jpg

Does anyone know if this tiara is hers? Is it new? Did she borrow it?

I am not wild about this outfit. It looks a bit frumpy on her.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe the tiara belongs to Princess Benedikte ( though I may be wrong.) Nonetheless, I'm not too fond of her gown. It makes her look much older than she is.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Carina looks radiant, however I am not sure I like the outfit she chose for the Gala dinner. I'd prefer a one-piece gown, rather than this two-piece outfit, which doesn't look very well coordinated.
The pearl necklace looks out of place as well; the tiara and the outfit would look better with a smaller necklace or no necklace at all.
The tiara is beautiful though; it looks like an old family heirloom. Did Princess Benedikte loan it to Carina?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that Princess Benedikte loaned it too her. The pearl necklace is her signature style. Rarely does one see her without it. Nevertheless, Carina is stunning in my opinion even with that frumpy silver gown.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

You're right GT, the tiara Carina is wearing was loaned to her by Princess Benedikte. On Benedikte though, it sits much lower in her hair
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I just wonder what rules of wearing a tiara for Ms. Axelsson are.

Ms. Axelsson wore a tiara on a couple of occasions (e.g., Prince Joachim's second wedding and Prince Henrik's birthday gala). She wears a tiara because she is Prince Gustav's companion. Am I correct? Can she attend a gala without a tiara?
Ms. Axelsson's ensemble is somewhat Medieval themed, especially combination of a hairstyle and tiara. She could have done better. Loose clothes are not particularly flattering. Hair looked frizzy.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She wears a tiara because she is Prince Gustav's companion. Am I correct?

She has been referred to as Gustav's "life companion" in the press numerous times; moreover, Carina wears a diamond and ruby ring on her "ring finger" obviously given to her by Gustav. So...

Quote:
Can she attend a gala without a tiara?

I'm sure she could, but so far she hasn't.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel77 View Post
Carina looks radiant, however I am not sure I like the outfit she chose for the Gala dinner. I'd prefer a one-piece gown, rather than this two-piece outfit, which doesn't look very well coordinated.
The pearl necklace looks out of place as well; the tiara and the outfit would look better with a smaller necklace or no necklace at all.
The tiara is beautiful though; it looks like an old family heirloom.
tottaly agree
Carina looks good, but outfit is not very special.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Carina is a stunning woman but I am disappointed with her outfits, she has done much much better in the past. The dresses are not bad but don't suit her, make her much older and look kind of baggy / ill fitted on her. I especially didn't like her hairstyle when wearing a tiara, totally off.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Here is Carina at the gala dinner for Prince Henrik's birthday on 11 June 2009:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...k/14155573.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...k/14155555.jpg

Does anyone know if this tiara is hers? Is it new? Did she borrow it?

I am not wild about this outfit. It looks a bit frumpy on her.
No the outfit is awful. I'm glad she wore a tiara though. Jus because she isn't a princess, she practically is. She has been welcomed into the family and the only thing stoppping a marriage is a will. It was extremly nice of Benedikte to loan her a tiara.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the second time Princess Benedikte has loaned a tiara to Carina. Both looked lovely on her; however, I wished she would have done something with her hair as well as lose the pearl necklace. With that silver gown the whole ensemble was simply overdone and somewhat sloppy looking.

Tags
carina axelsson, fashion, style