Carina Axelsson's Fashion and Style: November 2008 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the tiara belongs to Princess Benedikte ( though I may be wrong.) Nonetheless, I'm not too fond of her gown. It makes her look much older than she is.

Last edited:
Carina looks radiant, however I am not sure I like the outfit she chose for the Gala dinner. I'd prefer a one-piece gown, rather than this two-piece outfit, which doesn't look very well coordinated.
The pearl necklace looks out of place as well; the tiara and the outfit would look better with a smaller necklace or no necklace at all.
The tiara is beautiful though; it looks like an old family heirloom. Did Princess Benedikte loan it to Carina?

I believe that Princess Benedikte loaned it too her. The pearl necklace is her signature style. Rarely does one see her without it. Nevertheless, Carina is stunning in my opinion even with that frumpy silver gown.

:previous:

You're right GT, the tiara Carina is wearing was loaned to her by Princess Benedikte. On Benedikte though, it sits much lower in her hair ;)

I just wonder what rules of wearing a tiara for Ms. Axelsson are.

Ms. Axelsson wore a tiara on a couple of occasions (e.g., Prince Joachim's second wedding and Prince Henrik's birthday gala). She wears a tiara because she is Prince Gustav's companion. Am I correct? Can she attend a gala without a tiara?
Ms. Axelsson's ensemble is somewhat Medieval themed, especially combination of a hairstyle and tiara. She could have done better. Loose clothes are not particularly flattering. Hair looked frizzy.

She wears a tiara because she is Prince Gustav's companion. Am I correct?

She has been referred to as Gustav's "life companion" in the press numerous times; moreover, Carina wears a diamond and ruby ring on her "ring finger" obviously given to her by Gustav. So...

Can she attend a gala without a tiara?

I'm sure she could, but so far she hasn't.

Carina looks radiant, however I am not sure I like the outfit she chose for the Gala dinner. I'd prefer a one-piece gown, rather than this two-piece outfit, which doesn't look very well coordinated.
The pearl necklace looks out of place as well; the tiara and the outfit would look better with a smaller necklace or no necklace at all.
The tiara is beautiful though; it looks like an old family heirloom.
tottaly agree
Carina looks good, but outfit is not very special.

Carina is a stunning woman but I am disappointed with her outfits, she has done much much better in the past. The dresses are not bad but don't suit her, make her much older and look kind of baggy / ill fitted on her. I especially didn't like her hairstyle when wearing a tiara, totally off.

Here is Carina at the gala dinner for Prince Henrik's birthday on 11 June 2009:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/TRFpics/Denmark/14155573.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/TRFpics/Denmark/14155555.jpg

Does anyone know if this tiara is hers? Is it new? Did she borrow it?

I am not wild about this outfit. It looks a bit frumpy on her.

No the outfit is awful. I'm glad she wore a tiara though. Jus because she isn't a princess, she practically is. She has been welcomed into the family and the only thing stoppping a marriage is a will. It was extremly nice of Benedikte to loan her a tiara. :flowers:

This is the second time Princess Benedikte has [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/carinaaxelssonp.jpg"]loaned[/URL] a [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/hb5.jpg"]tiara to Carina[/URL]. Both looked lovely on her; however, I wished she would have done something with her hair as well as lose the pearl necklace. With that silver gown the whole ensemble was simply overdone and somewhat sloppy looking.

I loved the way she wore one of the tiaras to Joachim and Marie's wedding. It really looked lovely in her hair.

The second tiara is very pretty, but she didn't wear her hair in a style that worked with the tiara. It would have looked lovely with the hair up, or with some height on the top. I think that it would have been gorgeous in a style like this:

http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=th_57971_mary3_122_171lo.jpg

Carina is a beautifl ldy, but this outfit is too mature for a woman pushing 41. Carina sparkle just by smiling, but this dress is more suitable for a woman twenty years + her senior. But it was nice to see a picture of Carina again. She sure is a pretty woman. :flowers:

This is the second time Princess Benedikte has [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/carinaaxelssonp.jpg"]loaned[/URL] a [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/hb5.jpg"]tiara to Carina[/URL]. Both looked lovely on her; however, I wished she would have done something with her hair as well as lose the pearl necklace. With that silver gown the whole ensemble was simply overdone and somewhat sloppy looking.

The first tiara is a beautiful one. Was that worn at Marie & Joachim's wedding?:flowers:

Carina is a beautifl ldy, but this outfit is too mature for a woman pushing 41. Carina sparkle just by smiling, but this dress is more suitable for a woman twenty years + her senior. But it was nice to see a picture of Carina again. She sure is a pretty woman. :flowers:

I agree; I posted on another thread that she should had worn the tiara similarly to the way Princess Alexandra SWB wears it. The gown did not fit her well at all; it just hanged.

Yes, Lumutqueen, I believe that this is the same event that Mary attended (when she wore the mustard-colored dress). I like the shape of the coat, and her hair is really pretty. I am curious about the dress that she wore underneath the coat.

I really like the dress. The embroidery around the waist is beautiful. She looked great--imo one of the better dressed women at the christening.

I really like this dress. The black stripe on the bottom, and the detail at the waist are very pretty. I agree with Glittering Tiaras about the cape. It looks much better without the cape. I also think that she should have considered leaving the pearls at home. It doesn't have the right collar for a necklace, IMO.

Sharing the above opinions, I have to say that Ms. Axelsson's outfit was well-chosen. I like the shade of the grey colour. As much as I am fond of pearl necklaces, I tend to agree with sgl noting that the signature pearls did not suit the dress.

I love the dress that Carina wore, didn't care too much for the shawl. I like the fact that she wore her signature pearls. Shame she wasn't a godmother. :flowers:

I like Carina's dress and the cape. The pearl necklace looks nice with the dress. I think she's better dressed than other women at the Prince Henrik's christening.

I think the dress is ok with or without the little cape since it is transparent. I agree she doesn't need the pearls though.

I didn't care for the cape at all; she wore it another christening last year.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Perhaps it was at some event in Germany whereupon Carina attended with Princess Benedikte.

And, I agree with you, SGL, I'm not a fan of the dark stockings either.
:flowers:

I also believe that it was a Christmas Function but for some reason in Denmark. Queen Anne Marie attended along with Princess Benedikte and Carina sat behind them. I remember reading that Carina spoke perfect Danish.

I wonder how she speaks German?

I really like Carina's style. She is very classy and understated. My ONLY critique of her appearance is her teeth. If she had them "fixed" she would be truly breathtaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom