Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Beatrice at the Met Gala in 2012
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db11bdeaf3.jpg
Check out the dress Charlotte Dellal is wearing
My eyes just zapped back to that when I read your check note. I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever that it is the same gown.

However, Beatrice B manages to "wear the gown" rather than "the gown wearing her". When it comes to couture or a bathing suit, Beatrice B owns it! She has an intrinsic elegance that I think even beats Charlotte. Charlotte is either casual or she is chic. Beatrice B doesn't just wear a garment, she imbues it with a little extra something . . . just like the gown she wore to the Rose Ball!

I am intrigued by the variety of styles she has, to say she had her hair up or down is to understate the case. She knows what gown needs an updo and what looks gorgeous down. When it's down, it's not all over her face and when it's up it's not a hairstyle begging for a tiara, although I have no doubt she could pull that off with style.

What I am trying not very well to say is that she has an effortless style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Z View Post
imo she wears this kind of hat (or whatever it is called) really well
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...98ab59fb4f.jpg
(and i don't say that about everyone )
She appears to have innate style and grace and if indeed she is going to marry Pierre, then we will need it! And in all honesty, we are going to enjoy pouring over the fashion and style of another very attractive young woman.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Majesty

Very much agree, MARG. Charlotte is a great beauty, but like many stylish young women she has occasionally become a fashion victim.

I don't think I have ever seen Beatrice looking anything other than flawless at big events. Her style seems glamorous but classic and elegant-never flashy.

I can't wait to see her as a bride.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

It helps that Donna Beatrice's parents both are born in aristocratic families with great wealth and an excellent network. It provided Donna Beatrice with everything to shine. And of course an excellent bedding to learn almost instintively how to dress.

(...)
Old 04-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

She does have that "Je ne sais quoi". Her elegance is something we don't see everyday.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It helps that Donna Beatrice's parents both are born in aristocratic families with great wealth and an excellent network. It provided Donna Beatrice with everything to shine. And of course an excellent breeding to learn almost instintively how to dress.
I understand your points and would agree overall. However, breeding does not always play well, though. Funny how it can be hit-or-miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
She does have that "Je ne sais quoi". Her elegance is something we don't see everyday.
I agree. She has a natural understanding of how she (and her clothes) photograph, it seems. Of course, with her build and natural beauty, she has the basics already in place 'without trying', in a sense.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It helps that Donna Beatrice's parents both are born in aristocratic families with great wealth and an excellent network. It provided Donna Beatrice with everything to shine. And of course an excellent bedding to learn almost instintively how to dress.(...)
Right you are. Donna Beatrice possesses effortless elegance and chic. The ensemble worn the 2014 Rose Ball is my personal favourite.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

What she has is many years of professional modeling experience and a figure which shows off clothes in the current styles, perfectly.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Majesty

Having looked at the clothes on the runways of Europe for years, I am just about certain that Beatrice innate sense of style survived the horrors of the catwalk.

In this I take into account the crass and vulgar styles (you know, the ones where the evening gowns are virtually transparent and any woman with an ounce of modesty wears the "lined" version), and the same definitely goes for the makeup with white faces and bands of red from temple to temple and variations thereof.

Basically, it is quite rare that something translates from the catwalk to the street or a gala, without some minor or major 'adjustments'. That is not to say that Beatrice is boring, her 2014 Rose Ball gown was a wonderful example of contemporary style . . .

https://40.media.tumblr.com/3575b776...rje1o1_500.png

. . . with a twist!
https://41.media.tumblr.com/2c877bef...rje1o2_500.png
Old 04-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Courtier

I don't think it's her modelling experience too. Most women who've been that route end up dressing like It girls--edgy, chic, avant-garde, more the way Charlotte dresses than Beatrice. Her couture style, even though obviously all luxury, is still relatable and appropriate, more glamorous princess than model turned It girl. I think she just knows what works best for her, all very instinctive and effortless, as mentioned before.

That being said, I found her Rose Ball 2015 dress to be very safe and old, even if it does make her look like a bombshell in a good way, and I wish I didn't see that Charlotte Dellal wore it too because now it looks like that dress suited CD more than Beatrice.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think we can say she has many years of professional modelling experience. Her modelling experience was quite short, I am not even sure we can say she was ever a model. It's more appropriate to say that just like many rich girls today she modeled for some designer friends.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

I haven't found a clearer picture than this Caroline de Monaco, Stéphanie de Monaco, Andrea Casiraghi, Pierre Casiraghi, Louis Ducruet, Pauline ...
But I think Beatrice was beautiful at the christening of her cousins-in-law-to-be.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Ms Borromeo appears to look lovely: classic and elegant. It would have been nice to have a better photo of her ensemble.
On a different note, I am surprised to see Andrea attending the christening.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Ms Borromeo appears to look lovely: classic and elegant. It would have been nice to have a better photos of her ensemble.
she is so beautiful..its difficult not to be lovely..
Old 05-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

And how beautiful there is to her wedding.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Here is a slightly better photo of Beatrice's outfit, although we can't see her face.

La princesse Stéphanie de Monaco, Pierre Casiraghi et Beatrice Borromeo - Baptême de Ja...
Old 05-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Here is a slightly better photo of Beatrice's outfit, although we can't see her face.

La princesse Stéphanie de Monaco, Pierre Casiraghi et Beatrice Borromeo - Baptême de Ja...
She looked lovely but pity that the hat is too big......
Old 05-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Ms Borromeo appears to look lovely: classic and elegant. It would have been nice to have a better photo of her ensemble.
I would be more surprised if Andrea DIDN'T attend. Albert is the Sovereign and is his uncle, they are very close. Charlotte was conspicuous by her absence. I hope there was a good reason.

Beatrice looked elegant and perfect, what else is new?
Old 05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Majesty

The dress is very stunning and chic.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO she is almost always the best dressed when she's at these events..often better dressed than her future inlaws.

LaRae
Old 05-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Here is a shot where you can see Beatrice's face. The hat is big, but lovely!

Baptême des jumeaux de Monaco - Les invités de la cérémonie en photos

EDIT:

Scroll down for a better look at her outfit. She's the most elegant guest to me, and I just love her purse.

http://us.hola.com/realeza/casa_mona...ilia-grimaldi/

Tags
beatrice borromeo, beatrice borromeo daytime fashion, beatrice borromeo evening gowns, beatrice borromeo eveningwear, beatrice borromeo fashion, beatrice borromeo style