The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Majesty

I like it. Especially the hat.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Courtier

I'm luke warm on the coat. It's not bad but not great either. I Love her chic boots! Best part of the outfit.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im not liking this outfit very much- especially the hat & the pattern on the coat!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the biggest problem is that it is just too short and so does not look balanced between the boots and the hat. The top shot photo's were good, it was only in the full length shots that it looked top heavy.

I am obviously a bore because I do not like overly short dresses or coats on pregnant women. It always makes them look utterly graceless! (Victoria, are you listening?)

Note: The gentle rebuke to the poster that earlier speculated she was pregnant when she wore a checked coat dress at a fashion show shows that someone was really fast off the mark and right on the money!!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Autumn's outfit is too busy and wide on top then travels into the blackness of no-man's land with the expanse of dark legs and boots which cuts her off at thigh point. So there is definitely that imbalance due to the short length and fussy pattern.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Autumn's hat is okay and I don't have a problem with the length of the coat. It just makes her look short and fat and I think it would also make her look that way if she wasn't pregnant. It just doesn't suit her, IMO.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Actually, the hat and the coat are lovely. But the coat is too short and it does'nt suit her.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Autumn's outfit is too busy and wide on top then travels into the blackness of no-man's land with the expanse of dark legs and boots which cuts her off at thigh point. So there is definitely that imbalance due to the short length and fussy pattern.

I agree; she would have looked much better with a longer coat in a solid color.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

The hat is nice, but the coat is awful. It mekes her look like a moving short mountain.
Drama!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

At the last day of Ascot:

Full View

I think the dress is pretty though I am not a fan of the hat.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
At the last day of Ascot:

Full View

I think the dress is pretty though I am not a fan of the hat.
Its the dress she wore to the Diamond Jubliee - was under a navy Sassi Halford coat. The hat is also the Jubilee hat minus the red detail on the top

Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very good cut for her. I don't think that's her color though, I wouldn't go with such a strong color.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Courtier

I think a lighter or brighter colour suits her more. It's a little dark and boring. The hat is too small for her. Good to see her out though.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow
I think a lighter or brighter colour suits her more. It's a little dark and boring. The hat is too small for her. Good to see her out though.
I think She still has some of her baby weight and dark colors are more slimming and Navy is more summery than black. She knew she had to get a new outfit for the st pauls service and she doesn't want to buy many clothes when she is not back to her reg weight. I Think she looks just lovely. Boring was probably a great goal for her.next year she can be dazzling,this year she probably just wanted to get through the season. I just know when I have extra weight, I just want to hide.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think Autumn looks great. Remember, she had two babies in just fifteen months, and Isla is only three months old. You don't just drop all the weight the instant you have the baby: it took nine months to put it on and it can take that long to take it off IF you do it properly, i.e. not on a starvation diet. If you're nursing you're not supposed to diet at all to keep your milk supply up. Also, you can't begin to do any "ab" work until at least 6-8 weeks after delivery or you permanently damage your stomach muscles. Many women's shapes change permanently after having a baby no matter what they do. It really bothers me when the "press" decides that a new mother must wear her regular jeans home from the hospital or she's let herself go. Arrgh... Let's have a little reality here!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess some ladies can't all look like Princess Marie of Denmark after just giving birth!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

While I am a fan of reality, I think Autumn just gets dressed. Her last navy one is nice. I don't think she has a lot of interest in clothes, like her Mum-in-Law.

Another astonishing new mother was Victoria. Not only did she and the babe leave the hospital in record time, she looked as though she had never been pregnant.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Autumn Phillips lovely in blue and with a nice flower hat at the annual Christmas service at Sandringham on December 25, 2012:

** Full view ** Close up **
Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Nobility

I quite like that coat and the hat is beautiful
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the coat! She looks great.

Tags
autumn kelly, autumn phillips, fashion, style