The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Yes, I think the dress is very becoming on her and if I could get my hands on that dress to wear, I would. It's a gorgeous color and the pattern isn't that busy.
Sorry, looks like a 90's curtain to me...

Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001
Jørgen Bender - I don't know if she still uses Bender, but he did her wedding dress and the red one that I posted earlier.
Bender did a terrible job on her (first) wedding dress (the one she wore walking down the isle with Joachim). Especially considering the fact he also designed the gorgeous and fitting wedding dress of Alex's then-mom-in-law Margarethe. Bender gave a heavy frumpy look to a woman who couldn't be more 'petite' if she tried!

Who by the way designed her wedding dress for her 'do with Martin? I don't recall it was Bender..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda
Sorry, looks like a 90's curtain to me...
LOL I see what you mean and in fact, this is one of the many gala dresses worn by Alexandra where I think...it's an ok choice but somehow, somehow it could have been a whole lot better.

I.e. with this particular dress, the colors indeed are gorgeous but somehow there's something about the pattern (and the overall design) that makes it, well, not 'just right' but 'just not right'..can't put my finger on the 'why' aspect of it here, just that I know that Alexandra has had a lot of those instances where I have the same reaction.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Is she known for making 'good choices' regarding clothing? Sorry I really haven't been following her throughout the years..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

She's like many women despite her title. Like every woman in the world, we have a fashion misses from time to time and vice versa.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga

Who by the way designed her wedding dress for her 'do with Martin? I don't recall it was Bender..
Henrik Hviid - a danish designer who has designed a lot of her gala dresses... (and some of Mary's too...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001
Jørgen Bender - I don't know if she still uses Bender
No - I don't think so as he is long time dead now...!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
No - I don't think so as he is long time dead now...!

I searched for him - no wonder I couldn't find anything - it was just princessalexandradk.info which told me about her using him. Thanks for the info!

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

From The Unofficial Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark Countess of Frederiksborg Website:
This is one of my favourites: http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...003%202003.jpg

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

From isifa:
Fotobanka isifa image service - an outfit she wore at the christening of Josephine Fleming - I love her dress, but I'm not so sure about the shoes. But then again, while I tend to like her clothes, I normally hate her shoes. What do you think? On average, are her shoes nice or horrible?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

(From Hello!)
Her outfit from the 10th August - I'm glad she actually didn't wear a shade of black or grey, as she seems to be doing recently, but I still wish she'd worn something more vibrant - colours like red suit her.
HELLO! Photo gallery

Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Is she known for making 'good choices' regarding clothing? Sorry I really haven't been following her throughout the years..
As a younger Princess, I think she was known for her short skirts and her outfits were characterised by vibrant colours. However, they were (in my opinion), full of horrible huge buttons.

According to The Unofficial Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark Countess of Frederiksborg Website, her hair was 'a hit at the hairdressers - they showed it on TV" Apparently, her '...style of clothes became a hit..."

You can see more of her clothes during the first couple of years here - The Princess From Hong Kong.

In my opinion, she's never really worn extravagant hats - she used to wear a lot like these:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/048.jpg

She normally has quite short hair:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/013aaa.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/013i.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...202002%20e.jpg (I hate this one, she looks more like Anna Wintour than a Princess)
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...40%20years.jpg

Her formal dresses were originally stereotypically 'princess' - which I liked, as she didn't look like a hollywood starlet (not that she does now, either).
My favourite are the orange, purple and red ones (although I don't like her hair on the purple one):
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/015a.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/015g%20done.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/orangeback1.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/003agul.jpg
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...003%202003.jpg

I hope that that sums up her fashion - I can't really say whether she makes good choices, as some people might think they're bad on the basis of short skirts, or bright colours - we'd all have our own opinions on her style.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

I have noticed her hair isn't5 as stylish as usual. I is always pulled back in a clip.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

This is my favorite photo of the couple plus Alexandra looks amazing in soft delicate pink.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Aristocracy

I always found Alexandra very stylish with great shoes & hats. Some of her formal wear I felt was a little fussy, but she was always in bright colors and looked great. Lately she seems to have lost her style....boring colors, and her hair just pulled into a clip. Almost like she doesn't care anymore.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Courtier

My thoughts exactly especially the hair pulled up in a clip.

Stellad
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with regards to her style lately and the hairstlye is really aging as well. One can only think that she feels some sense of 'liberation' and is acting on it.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Aristocracy

You could be right. I would think she would go a little more to the wild side, not dull and conservative! Still I trhink she could fix her hair.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
This is my favorite photo of the couple plus Alexandra looks amazing in soft delicate pink.
I agree - she looks great in bright colours, especially pink.

I do like this outfit, it's probably my favourite of the ones she has worn this month - she finally wore something in a bright colour.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

She should stick with bright colors. They look so nice against her hair and skin.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
She should stick with bright colors. They look so nice against her hair and skin.
Absolutely, and it also makes her outfit look less dowdy and boring.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Some more recent pictures of her clothes:
Alexandra og Marie dansede til George Michael - MSN Starlounge
And the horrible suit from the UNICEf event:
Odense Kommune - Alexandra læste højt i Fyrtøjet

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess of frederiksborg, fashion, style