"William and Harry" by Katie Nicholl (2010) plus Member Q&A with Author

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed. That's how they get people to publish their books. Notice that JK Rowling lived a realtive low key life unless a Harry Potter book was about to come out and be published. Or she was receiving an award.

Now, I am in NO way comparing JK Rowling with Katie Nicholl but publicity will increase book sales.

On another note, according to the NY Post....

Harvey Weinstein says he had to outbid Simon & Schuster to publish Katie Nicholl's book about Britain's young princes, "William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls." He told us, "Katie and I talked about her book out in Cannes this year. We were at a party, and Jennifer Lopez got involved and said how much she loved the British royal family. There was a pretty fierce bidding war with Simon & Schuster, and we were delighted Katie chose Weinstein Books. Who knows, maybe we'll do a movie about the princes next."

Read more: Harvey Weinstein outbid Simon & Schuster for new book about Britain's Princes William and Harry - NYPOST.com

I have my doubts about someone writing a book about such young people and very strong feelings about books written when those people are still alive. Also I hardly know this authoress, if she was more established or historically inclined I could have some faith in her and her work. Let's see if she's still interested when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are older and maybe not such hot young things!

I don't think I would but this book.It's just that she is a tabloid writer and the book might not be accurate.

:previous:
Katie Nicholl writes (or wrote, at least up to April of this year) a weekly column for The Mail on Sunday which although owned by the same company which publishes the Daily Mail, is separate from its stablemate. Describing her as a "tabloid writer" understates her journalistic experience.

MailOnline, where Katie Nicholl's columns often appear/appeared, is the online combination of some of the articles from both papers.

Back
Top Bottom