'Vårt Bröllop" - Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Wedding Book (2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sent out two different emails to two different email addresse I found but no responses yet. A little Googling isn't making me optimistic. www.bokus.com will ship overseas to 35 countries, but the US isn't one of them because of some customs issue. www.bokie.se doesn't ship overseas - sweden only. The book costs 239 SEK which is about $32.14 in US dollars. That seems very reasonable, although I'd probably pay double that in shipping, if I can find someplace that'll ship it to me.

You can get it from the Dutch bookstore Hoogstraten

van Hoogstraten Online Shop

They ship to the US. You can email them in English to find out what the shipping cost will be.

Any interesting tidbits from someone who's read the book?

You can get it from the Dutch bookstore Hoogstraten

van Hoogstraten Online Shop

They ship to the US. You can email them in English to find out what the shipping cost will be.

A thousand 'Thank You's if this works! It wasn't as expensive 'Mary Princess with Style' was for me. This one only cost me 50 euros or US$66 and change for the book and shipping. The Mary book cost me $40 and then another $40 to ship it from Australia. Of course that one was in english...........
I guess I'll just have to spend many hours with Google Translate!:whistling:

I bought the book from a local bookstore, and I was surprised of how good quality it is - the text, and especially the photos. It's really worth owning. I also appreciate that there is a foreword and an afterword written by crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. So it really feels like they took part in making of the book.

My absolute favorite part of the book is the story of how the engagement happened in Drottningholm park in winter 2009. It had been Victoria's wish to be *asked* outdoors, and in Sweden, not abroad. So Daniel was choosing the place between two places - Ockelbo or Drottningholm. Victoria didn't know what was going on beforehand. They walked in beautiful landscape and Daniel suddenly said: "I want to read you something." And he read what he had written, a story about their relationship and what they had experienced together so far. And then Daniel went down on his knees to the snow and Victoria said: "Ja! Ja! Ja!" :)

And after that, Victoria watched children and their parents playing with snow, and thought: "If they just knew!" She was really excited and happy of what just happened and wanted to shout it out to everyone.

This story was so wonderful... :)

Last edited:
I bought the book from a local bookstore, and I was surprised of how good quality it is - the text, and especially the photos. It's really worth owning. I also appreciate that there is a foreword and an afterword written by crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. So it really feels like they took part in making of the book.

My absolute favorite part of the book is the story of how the engagement happened in Drottningholm park in winter 2009. It had been Victoria's wish to be *asked* outdoors, and in Sweden, not abroad. So Daniel was choosing the place between two places - Ockelbo or Drottningholm. Victoria didn't know what was going on beforehand. They walked in beautiful landscape and Daniel suddenly said: "I want to read you something." And he read what he had written, a story about their relationship and what they had experienced together so far. And then Daniel went down on his knees to the snow and Victoria said: "Ja! Ja! Ja!" :)

And after that, Victoria watched children and their parents playing with snow, and thought: "If they just knew!" She was really excited and happy of what just happened and wanted to shout it out to everyone.

Really nice story:) So beautiful. Hope will be happy together forever:)

No wounder whe was so jumpy when the announcement came, she had kept it inside for 10 days. I just wounder why they couldnt phone her father and then the PM and then have an extra session just to relieve their stress. Not that i have anything against it when it did happen since it struck Sweden like lightning without warning.

Didnt he sit her down on a lodge before asking also?

I just received my copy yesterday and although it was mentioned before I was surprised how good it is. Well so far I'm talking only about photos, since it will take few weeks until I make my way through the text with google translator. But I liked what I've read so far, you can feel how much they love and care for each other.

I also received my copy yesterday. It wasn't quite as good as I had hoped photowise, but then my expectations are generally too high to begin with. I am also logging quality time with Google Translator. It's doing an adequate job - I can't figure out how to put all the punctuation marks above the Swedish vowels, and I'm dyslexic with my typing in English. Now I'v got to type in Swedish?! It's slow going to say the least! I'll probably have to find a Swedish-English dictionary to finish what the GT couldn't get.

I know this is asking too much. but can someone post couple of photos from the book for the people who can't get their hands on the book?
Thank you so much.

If someone from Sweden is reading this, please note that there are individuals in the United States who would like to purchase this book.

Can you post here any pictures from the book? I'm so curious!
Thank you very much!

Where oh where does it get another meaning, Mattep? Please advise a hopeless romantic who loves this real-life Romance.

Can you post here any pictures from the book? I'm so curious!
Thank you very much!
The pictures from the book that were provided to press, are already posted in this thread. You can for example find some of them in the link Lorette provided. The other pictures from the book are copyrighted.

Where oh where does it get another meaning, Mattep? Please advise a hopeless romantic who loves this real-life Romance.

Was he surprised when he received confidences?

Should be

Was he surprised when he was trusted?

Grew up in a castle, surrounded by a court, and later out in public positions, often in the presence of cameras.
Håller hon med Daniel?​
Is she with Daniel?

should be

DOes she agre with Daniel?

Ah, I see. Yes it happens with Google translations. But in this case I could make out what meaning was intended. Newspages do sometimes end up VERY confusing.
Thank you, mattep

i have translated a part of the book, the part about Ockelbo. If you want i can send it to you. I also discovered that just one page takes around 0,5 - 1 hr to translate

I'm so happy that I can read in Swedish well enough! :D
That book is wonderful. I'm keep reading it over and over again. I never get bored.

I'm so happy that I can read in Swedish well enough! :D
That book is wonderful. I'm keep reading it over and over again. I never get bored.

I feel the same, I read it many times a week...

Author Susanna Popova talks at her lecture about the challenge of creating the wedding book "Vårt bröllop".

The lecture Our wedding - so we worked with Crown Princess couple´s wedding book takes place in Charles XV-hall at the Royal Palace on Saturday, February 19 at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom