'Vårt Bröllop" - Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Wedding Book (2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caroline mathilda

Aristocracy
City
east coast
Country
United States
I know this may be off topic, but do any of you know if /when the book on the Royal Wedding was supposed to be released? I remember something about it before the wedding but can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated:flowers:

I think there is a book but I'm not sure as to the release date.

I know this may be off topic, but do any of you know if /when the book on the Royal Wedding was supposed to be released? I remember something about it before the wedding but can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated:flowers:

Just two days away, August 19th. Atleast the Swedish version. I have one reserved at the library, but i am nr 3 so i expect to see it in October

It will be released coming Thursday 19. August.

It will be released coming Thursday 19. August.

Today Aftonbladet had in its paper, not the onlineversion, a few clips from it. Showed Victoria getting into the car to go to the church, a picture of her and Daniel in the church examining it last September, a hockeyrink were Daniel wanted to skate.

Then a bit of text about the weddingdress and victoria suddenly shouting with joy during the fitting of it "I AM GETTING MARRIED."

I love the pic where Daniel hugs Vic. Is this photo in the book?

I hope so, it´s a lovely photo. I´m going to buy the book, it will be published in Finland too.

Hope we'll have an english version soon!

Hope we'll have an english version soon!

I hope so too, but I doubt it. I guess there is no market for it outside Scandinavia? German would be good for me as well.

I am waiting for Vårt Bröllop to arrive at the library, i am 3rd on the waitinglist and its slated to arrive at the library earliest in one week. I couldnt resist and went to a bookstore and looked into it. Not on any picture were Daniel and Victoria more than 1 meter apart.

In one picture Daniel stands in front of Victoria and Victoria holds her arms in front of him and makes a funny face at the camera.

One picture is in the church during the rehersal where Victoria have one of the kids on her lap and jokes with him.

They show more love for eachother in the pictures in the book that i ever have seen the king and queen express in public.

One picture shows the entire Westlingfamily, taken by Victoria i think.

The book shows more pictures than text and is divided in "Lovestory" "Engagement" "Before the wedding" "Wedding day" and perhpas more chapters that i currently have forgotten.

I was thinking of taking a photo of the photos in the book with my mobile, but the store was to crowded so i skipped the idea.

I wonder if one could get the book over Amazon? I just love to see people in love:). I'll check out later.

An interview of author Susanna Popova and photographer Paul Hansen.
You can see many photos shown: Daniel with queen Silvia, queen Silvia with Hedvig Blom. And a lovely photo of Victoria and Daniel visiting the Cathedral for the first time last year.
Hansen told that it was a very special moment, when Victoria and Daniel came to the cathedral for the first time, when they walked to the altar and talked about how they are going to do everything at the wedding. He said also that it was fun to work with Victoria and Daniel, they are both very joyful and social people. The interviewer asked about how Victoria and Daniel have had time to check the book, they have been travelling for so long. Popova laughed that she wasn´t going to answer to that, but the book has been read and checked more than once.
Här är boken om kronprinsessans bröllop - Nyhetsmorgon - se alla klipp från programmet - tv4play.se

Here´s a lovely photo taken for a press interview in May:
Arbetarbladet/Scanpix

I would love to get a copy of that book! I love how books are sold about the British Family royals but I find it hard to get copies of the Dutch, Danish and Spanish weddings.

You can see many photos shown: Daniel with queen Silvia, queen Silvia with Hedvig Blom. And a lovely photo of Victoria and Daniel visiting the Cathedral for the first time last year.
Hansen told that it was a very special moment, when Victoria and Daniel came to the cathedral for the first time, when they walked to the altar and talked about how they are going to do everything at the wedding. He said also that it was fun to work with Victoria and Daniel, they are both very joyful and social people. The interviewer asked about how Victoria and Daniel have had time to check the book, they have been travelling for so long. Popova laughed that she wasn´t going to answer to that, but the book has been read and checked more than once.
Här är boken om kronprinsessans bröllop - Nyhetsmorgon - se alla klipp från programmet - tv4play.se

Arbetarbladet/Scanpix

Hansen also told about the wedding day, when the official pictures was taken... suddenly the King came up to him and looked him stright in the eyes, said nothing but pointed against the Queen and Hedvig... Hansen understood and took the beautiful photo with the queen sitting down and Hedvig standin beside her....

Wow, this is a nice book. I will write to the editor and ask if it will be translated in either English or German. Probably not, but I think I will buy it anyway. In Jerusalem there are Swedes that I know that can tell me what it says.

Wow, this is a nice book. I will write to the editor and ask if it will be translated in either English or German. Probably not, but I think I will buy it anyway.

You never know! Herman Lindqvist's book was translated into English, 6 months or so after it came out. I would imagine there would be at least as much interest in the wedding book. I am waiting to see what they do, before I splurge on a book I can't read... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely adore young Hedvig. She comes through as such as lovely and caring girl. There was a special sweetness to the moment when she took Viktorias bouqet at the altar. And I like the way she holds little Prince Christians hand on the official picture. The picture with her and the Queen is nice, I'll get the book somehow, even though I will not understand a word.

this looks like a great book. Is it possible to order it from Germany?

This is the publisher's response to my email:

Hi!!

You can order like this on mail. We need Your address and phone-number.

No translation into English o germany.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Kundtjänst

Christina

Tel +46 8 453 85 00 Fax +46 8 453 85 20

order@nok.se

Förlagsdistribution

SE-Box 706, 176 27 Järfälla, Sweden

Besök: Skarprättarv. 1, Järfälla

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to a bookstore at my hometown here in Finland to buy another book, there it was already, the swedish version of "Vårt bröllop". Maybe they will translate it into finnish some day, but because I can read it in swedish, I bought it, of course. And I read it yesterday. It is a very warm book with wonderful photos. I especially like the photos taken of Victoria and Daniel in Ockelbo.

Is it worth it to order the swedish version even if one doesn't understand swedish?

Is it worth it to order the swedish version even if one doesn't understand swedish?

If you like to watch the photos. There is about 100 photos of Victoria and/or Daniel. Then there are photos of the Cathedral, the Vasaorden, the Royal Carriage, the flowers ... and so on.

At the book Niklas Ek, who is one of Daniel´s best friends (they have known since Daniel was five), tells about how Daniel told him about that he and Victoria were a couple. This was when it wasn´t publicly known that they were dating.
Niklas tells: "I clearly recall the time in his apartment on Birger Jarlsgatan. Daniel said: "You know, I have something I want to tell you, but you must promise not to say it to anyone." And then he told it. To begin with, it was of course quite unreal, but I saw directly from his eyes how important Victoria was. And when such a sociable person as Daniel chose to stay home with Victoria instead of going out, I realized he was head over heels in love. It was from the beginning a very deep, honest and heartfelt love".

What's a good, reliable internet book seller that would have the book and ship overseas?
I'll just send an email and ask....

You can write to the publisher directly. After the mail I posted above here, I received another one. This Christina asked me to give her my address and telephone number. She is going to send the book together with an invoice.

Arbetarbladet/Scanpix
Thankyou Lady Finn for this interview. I am going to get my hands on this book one way or the other!:whistling:

I sent out two different emails to two different email addresse I found but no responses yet. A little Googling isn't making me optimistic. www.bokus.com will ship overseas to 35 countries, but the US isn't one of them because of some customs issue. www.bokie.se doesn't ship overseas - sweden only. The book costs 239 SEK which is about $32.14 in US dollars. That seems very reasonable, although I'd probably pay double that in shipping, if I can find someplace that'll ship it to me.

Back
Top Bottom