The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

good points sassi. burrell will one day run out of "secrets" to reveal and what will he do then? i hope he's saving all that money he's making off diana.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for sharing all your knowledge on these confusing (to me) connections jo of palentine, i always enjoy your input.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Internatio...2422021&page=1
this article is a repeat of most of the posts but the alarming story was the burial of a child in a garden!!!!
*quote from article "Diana asked him to help her by burying the stillborn child of a friend, Rosa Monckton, on the grounds of Kensington Palace"
*"It was then that she told him, according to the book, "The only problem … is that people will find this baby one day and say it was mine."
am i the only one appalled that people would bury their child like this in an unmarked grave!!!!!!! i just can't believe it
as far as i'm concerned they need to get the old chopping block out of the museum and be done with his head.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
but the alarming story was the burial of a child in a garden!!!!
*quote from article "Diana asked him to help her by burying the stillborn child of a friend, Rosa Monckton, on the grounds of Kensington Palace"
Has he offered any proof at all that they buried this supposed still born baby, did no one notice that Rosa had been pregnant and now was not, after all she was regularly part of the society scene?

Still, I think it was probably Rosa, that reminded him that he was not Diana's lover - just a servant and not a very good one at that.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Has he offered any proof at all that they buried this supposed still born baby, did no one notice that Rosa had been pregnant and now was not, after all she was regularly part of the society scene?

Still, I think it was probably Rosa, that reminded him that he was not Diana's lover - just a servant and not a very good one at that.
That's the only reason I can imagine why someone would do such an infamous thing as to tell such stories about a friend of Diana. I mean, what can anyone do about it? Noone believes for a moment that the queen is going to let search the gardens of Kensington Palace for a baby skeleton and that they are doing DNA-test to find out whose baby it was. So it's a story that is now out in the public and can neither be verified nor proofable be rejected. The only thing one can do is not think about it.

But it's an interesting view into the media scene - how they all give a platform to Burrell for his people bashing and how only rarely someone actually says sonething against it.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Nobility

Rosa Monckton's response:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...2430772&page=1
Old 09-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

she isn't denying it, so it must be true. sick sick sick the buried pets in my garden at least each have a brick to mark their spot as a memorial. i'm sorry this is just weirdest thing to me. i know my part of Texas you can't bury people on your property. my grandfather wanted to be buried on family land (not in town in the country)and it wasn't no it was H*** NO. some people thought we'll do it anyway then found out it was up to 18 YEARS of jail for it.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Angry

I personally wish that Burrell would take his ill-gotten gains and shut the up. I know Diana was far from perfect but I hate seeing her being used and exploited like this from beyond the grave. Burrell has shown to be nothing more than a mercenary pretending to be a "friend" when he is obviously nothing of the sort. Rubbish!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

that sound you heard jackswife was a collective yell of "you go girl" a commentator was quoted as saying, looks like he was her rock and she is his pension. shame on him SHAME perhaps a write in campaign to bring back the block for certain deserving people. where does he live? i'm surprised some really far out diana fan hasn't tried to find him if you know what i mean
Old 09-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Gentry

I must say I'm surprised at the outcry regarding this story.
Not because of the pure tackiness of it, but because as one who has collected on Diana for 25 years, I've heard this story before! It was old news as far as I knew. I wish I could remember where I read it, but it seems to me it was Rosa herself who originally told the story.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I must say I'm surprised at the outcry regarding this story.
Not because of the pure tackiness of it, but because as one who has collected on Diana for 25 years, I've heard this story before! It was old news as far as I knew. I wish I could remember where I read it, but it seems to me it was Rosa herself who originally told the story.
sammy i'm with you....i'd heard this story before but also can't remember which book i'd read it in. something tells me it was morton's but i could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
thanks for sharing all your knowledge on these confusing (to me) connections jo of palentine, i always enjoy your input.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Internatio...2422021&page=1
this article is a repeat of most of the posts but the alarming story was the burial of a child in a garden!!!!
*"It was then that she told him, according to the book, "The only problem is that people will find this baby one day and say it was mine."
am i the only one appalled that people would bury their child like this in an unmarked grave!!!!!!! i just can't believe it
as far as i'm concerned they need to get the old chopping block out of the museum and be done with his head.
what really gets me is that he keeps saying how he's "waving the flag for her" and now that william and harry haven't patted him on the back he's taking jabs at them. he's just can't get it thru his head that there's no need for anyone to wave the flag for her. if he calls cashing in on her memory "waving the flag" i'd hate to see what he'd do if she'd sacked him and he was
calling these books what they really are...his cash cow!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
she isn't denying it, so it must be true.
This was her response and to me it speaks of someone who is absolutely horrified that Burrell would make up something so vile, added to which Diana, Rosa and Burrell would have been subject to prosecution for the illegal disposal of a body, failure to notify the authorities of a birth, failure to obtain or register a death, the list goes on and on.

"Her first reaction was, "I'm utterly appalled." Monckton went on to call Burrell "unbelievable" and added, "I'm so angry."
She would not comment on the reported secret palace ceremony itself and fell silent for several seconds. Then Monckton said that if she said anything else, "I will just burst into tears," adding that "I do not want to speak about this further."
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
This was her response and to me it speaks of someone who is absolutely horrified that Burrell would make up something so vile, added to which Diana, Rosa and Burrell would have been subject to prosecution for the illegal disposal of a body, failure to notify the authorities of a birth, failure to obtain or register a death, the list goes on and on.
It's not illegal-says quite clearly in the article that:
"The Rev. Allen Morris, secretary to the Department of Christian Life and Worship at the Catholic Bishops Conference in London, said, "It is perfectly legal to take place in private grounds."
He added that since Father Sherbrooke presided over the funeral, it would have been with the Catholic church's permission.
Jeremy Smith, owner of London's Abbey Funeral Directors, told ABC News, "You can bury someone anywhere, with consent of the landowner and environment officers for the borough — because of the water table — and so long as it is recorded on deeds for the property." Smith added, "It must not be consecrated ground, though, and if it is, one needs a faculty from the C. of E. [Church of England]."

It wasn't Rosa who first told the story, it was Simone Simmons in one of her books. Rosa Monckton has never deneid it.

It's simply particularly distasteful, especially to Rosa, that Burrell saw the need to relate the story yet again in his new book.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

i know i didn't read it in simone simmons book as i've never read hers...darn i wish i could remember where it was. it might have been shadows of a princess?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
It's not illegal-says quite clearly in the article that:
1. You have to, by law register a birth - if the baby was delivered at home, there would have to have been an autopsy before a death certificate was issued, to ensure the child was not murdered or died through medical neglect.
2. You have to, by law register a death if anyone but the hospital is going to dispose of a 'stillborn' baby.
3. You have to, by law have permission from the Environmental Agency
4. You have to have the permission of the landowner and the relevent council
Before you can bury anyone, on private ground or otherwise you have to have a death certificate.

Does anyone seriously believe that none of them were seen, that anyone in their right mind would do that to the body of a dead child? My goodness you do have a low opinion of Diana to believe that!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
1. You have to, by law register a birth - if the baby was delivered at home, there would have to have been an autopsy before a death certificate was issued, to ensure the child was not murdered or died through medical neglect.
2. You have to, by law register a death if anyone but the hospital is going to dispose of a 'stillborn' baby.
3. You have to, by law have permission from the Environmental Agency
4. You have to have the permission of the landowner and the relevent council
Before you can bury anyone, on private ground or otherwise you have to have a death certificate.

Does anyone seriously believe that none of them were seen, that anyone in their right mind would do that to the body of a dead child? My goodness you do have a low opinion of Diana to believe that!
Do you know, for a fact, that Rosa didn't do anything of those things required by law?

And, no, I don't have a low opinion of Diana, or Rosa. None of us know what the circumstances were, where the alleged grave is located, what permissions Rosa obtained legally, who saw what or where or when. Unless Rosa Monckton offers her side of the issue, we'll never know-and that's just the way it should be, since it really isn't anyone else's business how or when or where she buried her child. That's a highly personal thing, and it's sleazy of Paul Burrell to relate the story, true or not.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i know i didn't read it in simone simmons book as i've never read hers...darn i wish i could remember where it was. it might have been shadows of a princess?
No, I just looked, it wasn't in Shadows of a Princess.

Simmons also spoke of it in a few interviews, and there was some little mention in the press of the story being in her book-and then it faded away. I imagine not even the tabloid press really wanted to delve into the details of the whole thing. Possibly, you might have read it in one of the second hand stories?

I've never read Simmons' books, but I know that story was in one of them, because she answered questions about it.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Interesting - I didn't know that these legal requirements existed but it makes totally sense to me that it is that way. I mean - abortion is legal in in the UK but only if certain requirements are met. Apart from illegal abortions normally stillbirthes only happen in a medical environment where the burial is taken care of. At least that's what I imagine. So where did that body come from? And if it was a stillbirth, why was it not buried the normal way in a graveyard? Or anywhere else besides Kensington Palace Gardens? Without Her Majesty's permission as landowner? What kind or weird story is this?

The next thing we will learn is that Diana was not buried on that island but in the church of the village next of Althorp... I'm sure Burrell is even able to supply pics if paid enough...

One wonders if he didn't read all kind of gruesome stories readily available on the net about Diana and built stories around them as he lacked material for another book....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
Do you know, for a fact, that Rosa didn't do anything of those things required by law?
I am pretty certain that someone, besides Burrell would have mentioned before now, if Rosa had buried her child at BP or KP. If she had buried her child at either of those places it would have been in a paper somewhere, as with everything else in the UK, formal notification has to be given and that means making it all public, so that people can object, if they want.

I really don't see Queen Elizabeth giving her permission for something so distasteful, apart from anything else it would set a precedent. There are cemetarys for stillborns, unbaptised babies (children and adults) and I would have thought Rosa would have picked somewhere she could visit.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Interesting - I didn't know that these legal requirements existed but it makes totally sense to me that it is that way. I mean - abortion is legal in in the UK but only if certain requirements are met. Apart from illegal abortions normally stillbirthes only happen in a medical environment where the burial is taken care of. At least that's what I imagine. So where did that body come from? And if it was a stillbirth, why was it not buried the normal way in a graveyard? Or anywhere else besides Kensington Palace Gardens? Without Her Majesty's permission as landowner? What kind or weird story is this?
If the stillbirth happened in hospital, then the hospital will offer to 'dispose' of the body, if the parents ask to take the body, they have to have a certificate to allow the funeral director to take it. You cannot, under any circumstance that I can think of take a body home with you.

If the child was stillborn at home, then an autopsy is required by law and the body is then released to the funeral director.

The distress of burying a child, in a tiny coffin would have stopped anyone with half a heart from a diy job!