"The Sultan & The Queen - Untold Story of Elizabeth & Islam" by Jerry Brotton (2016)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rudolph

Majesty
City
Country
Canada
"The Sultan & The Queen - Untold Story of Elizabeth & Islam" by Jerry Brotton (2016)

Queen Elizabeth I of England reached out to Islamic leaders "for hard-nosed political and commercial reasons," says author Jerry Brotton.

The Secret History of Elizabeth I's Alliance With Islam

sultan-queen-book-cover.adapt.470.1.jpg

Queen Elizabeth I of England reached out to Islamic leaders "for hard-nosed political and commercial reasons," says author Jerry Brotton.

The Secret History of Elizabeth I's Alliance With Islam

sultan-queen-book-cover.adapt.470.1.jpg

She was not the only European monarch to do so. Earlier, King Francis I of France is well-known to have sought an alliance with the Turks against their common enemy , Charles V (Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain).

:previous: Certainly. The alliance formed by Francis and Suileman was extremely succesful. It lasted over two centuries, ending in napoleonic times.

It led to a much less succesful Hapsburg-Persian alliance. Charles V turned to the Persians in aid against the Turks. It certainly had a much shorter life span or success rate as the Franco-Turk one.

Back
Top Bottom