"The Royal Families in Europe" by Lars Ulwencreutz (2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
"The Royal Families in Europe"

by Lars Ulwencreutz

Hardcover, 739 pages, cost: US$79

Ulwencreutz’s The Royal Families in Europe - The Reigning and Formerly Reigning Sovereign Royal Houses of Europe and South America

This appears to be in a similar vein to every-royal-genealogist's-must-have "Burke's Royal Families of the World Volume 1 - Europe and Latin America".
As Burke's was published in 1977 this may be an excellent replacement with (one hopes!) up-to-date information.

Welcome additions are chapters on the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Kingdoms of Georgia, Hungary, Poland etc.

The Royal Families in Europe by Lars Ulwencreutz in Reference

In the above link click on 'Preview' which appears under the cover picture. This allows a look at the first few pages of the book.

V front cover picture, table of contents

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 483
  • Contents1.jpg
    Contents1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 550
  • Contents2.jpg
    Contents2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 555
This looks like a fantastic book. Hm....I'll have to start saving up for it.:flowers: Thanks for the info Warren.

Thanks. Read somewhere that there that Burkes will brong out an updated Version of the 1977 book this Spring.

It sounds interesting.

You would be well advised to see the comments posted on Amazon.Com before buying this book. It would seem vast parts of it were copied from Paul Theroff's On line Gotha without Paul's knowledge or agreement.

by Lars Ulwencreutz

Ulwencreutz’s The Royal Families in Europe - The Reigning and Formerly Reigning Sovereign Royal Houses of Europe and South America

This appears to be in a similar vein to every-royal-genealogist's-must-have "Burke's Royal Families of the World Volume 1 - Europe and Latin America".
As Burke's was published in 1977 this may be an excellent replacement with (one hopes!) up-to-date information.

Welcome additions are chapters on the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Kingdoms of Georgia, Hungary, Poland etc.

In the above link click on 'Preview' which appears under the cover picture. This allows a look at the first few pages of the book.

Give this book a miss -total plagiarism

RBN - Royal Book News: One book to miss -- really!!

by Lars Ulwencreutz

:previous:
Yep, I'll pass it over with a hearty thumbs down.

I believe the author even copied some personal note of Paul Theroff's website to his book... :whistling:

So I suppose all the info in this book is freely accessible on the excellent Online Gotha:

An Online Gotha

Be a very interesting book to read and purchase.

Ah, no. You could choose to pay US$80 I suppose, but since most of the content of "The Royal Families in Europe" has been lifted (without attribution or permission) from the FREE "An Online Gotha" website, it would be somewhat pointless.

I have to agree. This is total theft by an "author" who is not that interested in royal genealogy, but wants the money and is too lazy to research. I hope Mr. Theroff is considering some legal action and Amazon should drop this book for sale although they won't.:bang:

Be a very interesting book to read and purchase.

Do not waste your money ... the "author" cut and pasted everything from an earlier version of an Online Gotha ... It is called plagiarism. The book is a print on demad book - and the author has shown no remorse for his actions, blaming everything on everyone else.

I have to agree. This is total theft by an "author" who is not that interested in royal genealogy, but wants the money and is too lazy to research. I hope Mr. Theroff is considering some legal action and Amazon should drop this book for sale although they won't.:bang:

The book has to be withdrawn by the publisher, which is Lulu.com, a print-to-order ... Amazon does not have the book in stock ... so if no one orders the book, the books do not get printed. Lulu has been notified of the situation, and it is up to them to take any action. Ulwencreutz is trying to play the victim, but his violin is far too small.

Ah, no. You could choose to pay US$80 I suppose, but since most of the content of "The Royal Families in Europe" has been lifted (without attribution or permission) from the FREE "An Online Gotha" website, it would be somewhat pointless.

I do not know who runs the Royal Forums page on Facebook, but it might be good to remove the Like for the book ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, Paul Theroff contacted Lulu, and provided the evidence need to show the violation of copyright. Lulu has withdrawn the book.

Back
Top Bottom