The new book "A Room at the Oslo Palace"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natalie_Royal

Commoner
City
Oslo
Country
Norway
The book "Residens Drammensveien 1" is now translated into English, and here is one part from the book. The book covers the period of 1977 and 1978 while the author was living at the Royal Palace in Oslo. The pocket version of the book is available from A ROOM AT THE PALACE

.... One sunny, but windy day in January 1978, I'm told that the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation – NRK, will be filming at the Royal Palace, a filming that take place at the 2nd floor. The TV crew arrives early in the morning to rig up their broadcasting cameras and accessories. They make a big mess with their work as there is cables, TV equipment and strangers everywhere. The filming takes place from the Hall of Mirrors where both doors are wide open into the dining room where King Olav V has prepared himself for the recordings. I've only get to see the morning preparations and the end of the production, as I must be down at the silver chamber with silver chamber officer Mr. Gomsrud for work. The other lackey's are very pleased that they now will be on the footage shown on national TV, showing them serve lunch to King Olav V, the Council of State and the administrative staff at the Palace. It turns out that King Olav V's very gentle and suitable as an actor within his own four walls.

As the sun goes down, I sit and talk with King Olav V about the production and he tells he'll be soon going for a state visit to Portugal and he asks me to join. Of course, I'm grateful that he's thinking of me, and I'm obviously both happy as well as very honoured to be offered such an opportunity in life. It sounds very exciting, and I think it will be a great experience to be part of the King's entourage. King Olav V says he'll suggest me to the court, and so he does.

After some days I get the message from the court that I'll need to make some photos for my diplomatic passport, and it's being prepared. My brand new diplomatic passport is issued few days later. Lord chamberlain Odd Grønvold tells me that they'll keep the passport until my departure so I haven't seen or admired it by myself yet. The passport will remain at the court manager's office. I can barely wait till leaving to the airport with Kong Olav V and his entourage. The trip will last for whole four days, starting from Oslo on 21st of February with returns on the 24th.....

10151884_10202209746665004_6921789646445410531_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering about one thing. I know that Miss Cooper was offered the job as Queen Maud's lady-in-waiting in November 1925. Does it mean that Queen Maud did not have any lady-in-waiting from 1905 till 1926?

A Room at the Palace
=============================
Distribution: MISOLIMA Publishing
Pages: 340
Words: 97672
Characters: 523888
Author: Anne Selene
Topic Editor/Illustrator: MISOLIMA Publishing
Format: Printed paperback
ISBN/EAN 978-616-374405-0

www.misolima.com/A_Room_at_the_Palace

Has anyone read this - I would be interested in knowing what people thought - ie is it worth buying?

I think the book is worth while reading for those that are interesting in true stories told by King Olav V, Miss Cooper, Queen Maud's lady-in-waiting, and the author that was just 17-18 years old at that time. The book has fun-, sad-, love and even ghost stories. Here is an audio link to how the book starts. A ROOM AT THE PALACE

Back
Top Bottom