The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I am reading the book at and the end of the chapter when she speaks about Robert Fellowes, who did not support Charles in keeping Camilla and that it was causing problems, she actually agreed--this coming from a woman who always supported Charles!! Let's see if she slants back to Charles' direction!!
I was floored by at least one comment she made about Charles (since she has IMO always sucked up to Charles and the royals), that he was weak. Yes, she said it.

And I agree, Burrell had to have been obsessed. But I feel rather sorry for him now, since he's been reduced to a reality show to pick an "American princess." I wish he had had more dignity/strength of spirit like her chef (who belongs/belonged to this forum, Darren), who talks about his work and recipes (and the Princess's taste in food, etc.) but who hasn't exploited her with "revelations". (I feel guilty, I have bought tell-all books, but not the latest by Simmons.)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-13-2005, 03:36 PM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I was floored by at least one comment she made about Charles (since she has IMO always sucked up to Charles and the royals), that he was weak. Yes, she said it.

And I agree, Burrell had to have been obsessed. But I feel rather sorry for him now, since he's been reduced to a reality show to pick an "American princess." I wish he had had more dignity/strength of spirit like her chef (who belongs/belonged to this forum, Darren), who talks about his work and recipes (and the Princess's taste in food, etc.) but who hasn't exploited her with "revelations". (I feel guilty, I have bought tell-all books, but not the latest by Simmons.)
OH MY GOD!! Darren was Diana's Chef???? (passed out over chair)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-13-2005, 04:10 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
OH MY GOD!! Darren was Diana's Chef???? (passed out over chair)
Yes, have you talked to him?

He even has a website.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
OH MY GOD!! Darren was Diana's Chef????
Sorry but on the member list, no-one is registered as Darren. Do you know if he changed his name, and if yes what's the new one? Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Yes, have you talked to him?

He even has a website.
I have never spoken to Darren, I have spoken to Warren though:p Warren is in Australia.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:06 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
I really didn't mean to offend Warren. I should know better, people are sensitive these days. Big frowny face -- to me, not Warren.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
Has anyone read The Housekeeper's Diary by Wendy Berry? I'm pretty sure it was banned in Great Britain -- but boy does she dish the dirt on C & D, especially at Highgrove. There were some details of what she wrote that were collaborated in other sources I had read so I think it must be fairly accurate. Just curious if others have read it and what they thought. Now I'm off to buy The Firm!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Yes, I've read it. How did you like the part about James Hewitt staying over with Diana and the boys while Charles was gone?

You know, I got mine while Princess Diana was still alive. I'll have to re-read it and see what a role Burrell had, I don't really remember him too much in that book.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I really didn't mean to offend Warren. I should know better, people are sensitive these days. Big frowny face -- to me, not Warren.
Wrong thread?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:19 PM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Has anyone read The Housekeeper's Diary by Wendy Berry? I'm pretty sure it was banned in Great Britain -- but boy does she dish the dirt on C & D, especially at Highgrove. There were some details of what she wrote that were collaborated in other sources I had read so I think it must be fairly accurate. Just curious if others have read it and what they thought. Now I'm off to buy The Firm!
I have a copy of the book you speak of. It is quite interesting and was banned in Great Britain. She lets it all out, the good, the bad, and the downright ugly if she has accurately recorded things. She talks about Charles' impatience and temper, Diana's emotional tears on the back steps of the kitchen, Harry vomiting in the car on the way to Highgrove, and her eventual disillusionment with the Wales and royalty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-13-2005, 05:27 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I have a copy of the book you speak of. It is quite interesting and was banned in Great Britain. She lets it all out, the good, the bad, and the downright ugly if she has accurately recorded things. She talks about Charles' impatience and temper, Diana's emotional tears on the back steps of the kitchen, Harry vomiting in the car on the way to Highgrove, and her eventual disillusionment with the Wales and royalty.
Wasn't there a scene when she had set up a nice dinner on a card table for Charles and Diana, and she heard screaming and glass being broken, and when she went in, the table was overturned and Diana had run away? (Maybe that was Burrell.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Wasn't there a scene when she had set up a nice dinner on a card table for Charles and Diana, and she heard screaming and glass being broken, and when she went in, the table was overturned and Diana had run away? (Maybe that was Burrell.)
Yes, that was in Wendy's book. I think she wrote she saw Charles picking up the broken cups when she entered the room.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
I've finished The Firm and really enjoyed it. Like tiaraprin, I was surprised Junor was so "realistic" about PC since she always has been supportive of her. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and thought it quite a balanced account all the way around.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
....sorry mistake I made in typing...should read "since [Junor] has always been so supportive of [Charles].
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-22-2005, 04:28 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Sorry but on the member list, no-one is registered as Darren. Do you know if he changed his name, and if yes what's the new one? Thanks.
Look under theroyalchef. That's the name he has used here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 853
To be fair to Charles, Dale "Kanga" Tryon had some sort of mental health problem in her final years. Her husband divorced her and she was apparently sectioned under the Mental Health Act. When Charles tried to cut the strings, she would follow him to polo matches and generally make a nuisance of herself. I'm not saying Charles was right to drop her, but her own husband and children did the same thing.
__________________
Kelly D
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-22-2005, 06:23 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
I thought Kanga had some awful condition like MS or something that eventually killed her. I never knew she had a mental health issue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ....., United States
Posts: 1,342
I thought I read that she ultimately died from injuries following a suicide attempt - "falling" out a window - at a mental health facility where she was being treated. Did anyone else read this? As I recall, after the fall she was confined to a wheelchair and then ultimately died. Can anyone comment on this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-23-2005, 12:28 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
What did you think of Penny Junor meeting the Duke of Edinburgh at The Gold Medals Awards for his trust?? Ms. Junor was asked to give out some awards and when Prince Philip was introduced to her, he was rude, cold, and stomped away from her!! He may not like her, but hey show some class Philip (what am I saying, he has never really shown that!) His people invited her, so get mad at them!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
Dale Tryon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I thought I read that she ultimately died from injuries following a suicide attempt - "falling" out a window - at a mental health facility where she was being treated. Did anyone else read this? As I recall, after the fall she was confined to a wheelchair and then ultimately died. Can anyone comment on this?
Yes, I think you are right. Lady Tryon received lots of magazine/press coverage here in Australia, and towards the end you could sense something was amiss. She had previously been discreet, but began making statements about her relationship with Charles seemingly designed to reinforce her perceived role as a central figure in his life. It was all very sad, as she was once such a vibrant and fun person.
.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]