"The Firm: The Troubled Life of the House of Windsor" by Penny Junor (2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emily said:
I thought I read that she ultimately died from injuries following a suicide attempt - "falling" out a window - at a mental health facility where she was being treated. Did anyone else read this? As I recall, after the fall she was confined to a wheelchair and then ultimately died. Can anyone comment on this?

I didn't know Kanga had these problems. How sad. They say she died from cancer, but it was really this.

I've ordered the book from the library. I'm really looking forward to reading it, after all this fascinating discussion about it ;)

norwegianne said:
I've ordered the book from the library. I'm really looking forward to reading it, after all this fascinating discussion about it ;)

Hi,

You will like it very much. Ms. Junor writes in a very fair and frank manner and is not her usual pro-Charles self, which was very surprising.

She gives credit where credit is due and really helps to reinforce certain facts and realities rather than the fiction and gossip.

Re:

You will like it very much. Ms. Junor writes in a very fair and frank manner and is not her usual pro-Charles self, which was very surprising.

Penny Junor is a brilliant writer - she was the perfect guest to have at the BBC when covering the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla. She spoke sense and was so unlike James Whittaker who was so two-faced about the whole thing.
Her book, 'Victim or Villain' was quite good re: Charles. She writes without involving herself in media hype and without buying into the mouse vs lion unpleasantness.

Penny Junor has been quite good about Prince Charles. Even "Victim or Villain" have many insights about Charles's side about his life.She certainly has good connections with the palace and she is a serious reporter. She still likes Charles a lot but she admits his flaws in his character and some bad decisions he has made. I regard her as a balanced writer.

She might be well informed but some of her declarations about Diana were denied by Charles and Camilla at the released of Charles : Victim or Villain ?.
Disparaging Diana: Charles & Camilla deny approving book

Actually, they did not deny anything about the book's contents or declarations. All they did was make clear that they themselves had not "authorised, solicited or approved" the writing of the book.

Okay, but they didn't do such a thing for every book she has written.

Okay, but they didn't do such a thing for every book she has written.

True, but why would they? I was just pointing out, though, that your statement "some of her declarations about Diana were denied by Charles and Camilla" wasn't supported by the link. :)

True, but why would they? I was just pointing out, though, that your statement "some of her declarations about Diana were denied by Charles and Camilla" wasn't supported by the link. :)

Lol, I see what you mean :flowers:. It's kind of reassuring to know that when something doubtful comes out in any media, a reaction is made most of the time. Saying : " We didn't get into anything conserning this book", is in fact saying the information is not at all proven. Between Penny Junor and Charles and Camilla, I choose to listen to the Royal couple ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom