The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I would like to say something in the name of some Diana admirers. It's not because we like her that we worship a book that paint her as a saint. I actually hate those kind of books. I also hate those that take her down in every line. These two 'style' of books will never say the truth nor the reality. Life isn't all white or all black. A good writer, IMO, is the one who sees the good sides and the bad sides. So, sorry to tell you that BeatrixFAn, but I'm a Diana admirer and I don't believe every thing I read and I'm conscious that Diana was not a saint but not a demon either (and I don't hate Camilla, okay ...). I hope you have understood my point of vue .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-22-2007, 03:52 PM

TheTruth - your opinion is not the issue here, how you reach that opinion is what we're discussing. Your opinion on this book is that it's bad because it doesn't show Di in a good light, however, you haven't read it so I fail to see how your opinion has any foundation to it and that's what I'm criticising.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, calm down. I'm not trying to start a fight with you. Just telling my opinion and how I see the books written on Diana. Okay, I didn't read this one but I'll do. All I said was that I don't like the books which show the person as totally good or totally bad. I have absolutely not said that her book was one of them. That's all and I'm sorry if I've offend you in any way.

Because it matters...
Old 06-22-2007, 07:43 PM

No, I'm not offended at all and sorry if that came across as harsh. It wasn't an attack on you in particular, it was a general "read it and see" comment.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Okay, thanks for clearing that up . I agree with you on the point that if you didn't see or read you can't judge. I'll read the book and will make my own opinion as I already did for the documentary The Witnesses in the Tunnel . What I said below was based on other books I've read on Diana not on Tina Brown's.

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Gentry

Has anyone actually read this book yet? I am just wondering if 1. it is worth my time and 2. the same old drivel we are always given about Diana
Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Royal Highness

The Diana Chronicles reviewed by Sarah Vine ( The Times)

The Diana Chronicles-Arts & Entertainment-Books-Biography-TimesOnline

´´ I should say at this point that in the great Camilla versus Diana debate, Brown is firmly in the Diana camp. The Duchess of Cornwall is seen as a throaty, feral temptress (“women who love horses usually love sex . . . Camilla Shand loved horses all right”), whose mature allure constantly undermined Diana’s girlish charms. The implication is that had Camilla not been on the scene, Prince Charles and Diana might have had a chance.´´´
_______
For me these statements are stupid and emty! First it is absolutely nasty and silly what is said about the character of Camilla and second it´s absurd to say that Charles and Diana had a chance without Camilla. Camilla was in Charles´heart before Diana. A statement what could happened without her is only nonsense and out of touch with reality!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are these comments stupid and empty because they portray Camilla in a very unflattering light? The book is on its way to the public library so I'll give it my own review when I finish reading it.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

All right, after reading this I'll probably think before buying this book. My god ! Who is she to write something like that ! I really like Diana but I would never write such stuff on Camilla, I don't have a bit of hatred for her. I don't think you must hate Camilla to be in Diana's 'camp' (and the idea of camp is ridiculous!)

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Are these comments stupid and empty because they portray Camilla in a very unflattering light? The book is on its way to the public library so I'll give it my own review when I finish reading it.
For me these kind of comments are empty and stupid if someone would say something like that about any woman !
Old 06-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
For me these kind of comments are empty and stupid if someone would say something like that about any woman !
Very good answer. I've read the reviews on Amazon and my curiosity has been aroused this book might be garbage or it might be a pleasent read.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator

More likely, you'll agree with some things Tina Brown puts forward, and disagree with others, as will every other reader of her book.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ten years after: Tina Brown’s spotlights royal superstar in ‘Diana Chronicles’
Ten years after: Tina Brown’s spotlights royal superstar in ‘Diana Chronicles’ - Book News & Reviews - BostonHerald.com
Old 06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
women who love horses usually love sex"
Or could it just be that those that love animals (horses, dogs etc) are well adjusted, I have known of many women who appeared to be raving nymphomaniacs, that couldn't stand horses!
Quote:
For me these statements are stupid and empty! First it is absolutely nasty and silly what is said about the character of Camilla and second it´s absurd to say that Charles and Diana had a chance without Camilla......
The book appears to be (according to the dozens of reviews) a rehash, (with an overactive imagination thrown in), of all the other books. What we have to remember is that Brown had to put in a few anti/blame Camilla parts, otherwise the picture she appears to have painted of Diana, is not very nice at all. It is just another 'it is everyone elses fault' poorly researched book.

Taken from the article posted by sirhon11234
Quote:
The birthday concert Prince William and Prince Harry are throwing for their mother this July 1 is a good example
Even that is a con, with charities having to pay for their tickets and the concert looking to be just a party for two rich kids, paid for by the public!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

In fact she seems to dislike both women, Diana & Camilla.

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Or could it just be that those that love animals (horses, dogs etc) are well adjusted, I have known of many women who appeared to be raving nymphomaniacs, that couldn't stand horses!
The book appears to be (according to the dozens of reviews) a rehash, (with an overactive imagination thrown in), of all the other books. What we have to remember is that Brown had to put in a few anti/blame Camilla parts, otherwise the picture she appears to have painted of Diana, is not very nice at all. It is just another 'it is everyone elses fault' poorly researched book.

Taken from the article posted by sirhon11234 Even that is a con, with charities having to pay for their tickets and the concert looking to be just a party for two rich kids, paid for by the public!
Just because you don't like the idea of Will and Harry throwing a concert for their mother's memory and birthday doesen't mean its a con.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:48 AM

What we have to remember here is that Di is now a business, a corporation. This book isn't intended to tell us anything new, it's intended to make money just like those dolls, the postcards and this concert. The business is slowly winding down as people are becoming bored with it and so people like Tina Brown are simply getting their 20 pieces of silver before the Di market crashes.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you BeatrixFan and the threads on Diana's books comfort your opinion about people getting borred.

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Just because you don't like the idea of Will and Harry throwing a concert for their mother's memory and birthday doesen't mean its a con.
Did they or did they not announce that this concert was for her charities and has it since been shown that they will be lucky to make anything from the concert? The article was originally posted in the Preparations thread by gfg02. If they are charging the named charities full price for their tickets, it is a con. Why they are calling it a birthday party is beyond most people, they stop when the person concerned dies!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The money is going to the Princess' Memorial Fund and to the various charities she supported. Her Memorial Fund and Charities help the less fortunate how is that a con? And you shouldn't count on the dailymail as an accurate source of information.