The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2008, 02:40 AM

Royal Weddings

Hello everybody,

I heard about a book on the most beautyful royal weddings in the world, but I donīt know the exact title and if itīs released yet. Does anybody know something about that. A friend told me, that itīs written in english an german.

Yourīs diamanttiara

Old 06-28-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamanttiara View Post
Hello everybody,

I heard about a book on the most beautyful royal weddings in the world, but I donīt know the exact title and if itīs released yet. Does anybody know something about that. A friend told me, that itīs written in english an german.

Yourīs diamanttiara
Dear Diamanttiara, I just bought the book "Royal Weddings" which is a brand new release. I am sure it must be the one you are looking for, since it is the onliest about royal weddings I have heard about. A huge compilation of the best royal weddings from Queen Victoria, Grace Kelly, Juan Carlos and Sofia, Máxima and many others - with lots of marvellous pictures and illustrations and interesting background information. It's in German and English - you will love it! I already know how I will spent my weekend!!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Administrator

"Royal Weddings"

Royal Weddings
Edited by von Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior

including weddings from:
UK
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Spain
Japan
and others

Size: 23.5 x 29.5 cm / 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 in.
168 pp., Hardcover with jacket
125 color and 57 b/w photographs
Text in English and German
€ 35 $ 45 Ģ 25 Can.$ 55 SFR 60
Europe: June 2008
Overseas: July 2008
ISBN 978-3-8327-9252-7

Đ Royal Weddings edited by Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior, published by teNeues in June 2008, € 35, teNeues Publishing Group, Photo Đ getty images.

Photograph of the book cover posted with the written permission of the teNeues Publishing Group
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover_Royal_Weddings.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	265732  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:56 AM

I bought this book today and it's simply marvellous. Lots of photos that I have never seen before and many background information. Did you know, for example, that Alfred Hitchcock's wedding present to Grace Kelly was a shower curtain? It also shows many beautiful details such as the menu of the wedding of Felipe and Letizia or the invitation to the wedding of Maxima and Willem-Alexander. And the most fun images are those of the Crown Prince couple of Brunei. I will have a great weekend, I am sure!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Excellent, Warren! I had no idea this book was coming out. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

This looks like the Amazon page for the book, which isn't out yet in the USA or the United Kingdom.

Amazon.com: Royal Weddings: Frederike Haedecke, Julia Melchior: Books
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM

Yes, that's the one! It was posted today with further information at Royal Weddings. I am lucky because it is released in Germany already. It's simply fantastic!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've preordered it from Amazon. From what everyone's saying, it looks as though it's well worth it.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:42 PM

Thatīs the book I was looking for

"I bought the book yesterday. Itīs really great. The fotos are phantastic and show some really private moments backstage. And - though I think I`m an expert on royal concerns - I found lots of details I didnīt know. The japanese couple wasnīt alloud to eat the whole wedding day for example. And on some stories I really had to cry a little bit. Thereīs an excerpt from the after-dinner speech Haakon held on his wedding and I think itīs the most romantic weddingspeech I ever heard of."
Old 06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, we've received an e-mail from the publisher of this book at the TRF e-mail account. I assume she won't mind having the cover of the book included in the post since it was in the e-mail.

This magnificent volume will fascinate all interested by lavish indulgence fit for a king!
This richly illustrated volume offers a unique impression of the most spectacular royal weddings!

Today we would like to present our new title Royal Weddings!

Nothing surpasses the pageantry of a royal wedding. Pomp and ritual combine in a spectacle few can resist. That mingling of personal charisma, age-old institutions, and contemporary mores is enough to intrigue the most hardened of hearts! These royal unions embody the hopes, dreams and characteristics of nations as distinct as Sweden, Japan and Spain. Comprehensive text and stunning pictures chronicle the fascinating details that make these state celebrations of personal commitment so unique and memorable.

Royal Weddings
edited by Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior
published by teNeues in June 2008

Size: 23.5 x 29.5 cm / 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 in.
168 pp., Hardcover with jacket
125 color and 57 b/w photographs
Text in English and German
€ 35 $ 45 Ģ 25 Can.$ 55 SFR 60
Europe: June 2008
Overseas: July 2008
ISBN 978-3-8327-9252-7
Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Point de Vue new book about royal weddings

Title: Mariages de légende
de Francois Billaut
Editions L'Express
5 novembre 2009

http://www.amazon.fr/Mariages-l%C3%A9gende-Fran%C3%A7ois-Billaut/dp/284343663X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258104434&sr=1-1