The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Nobility

:) Thankyou; Von Sclesian, JessRulz and Victorianna :)

Old 05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriana
Flctylu and KatieLouise, Royalty, Majesty, Point de Vue and Hello are all available at McGills (opposite the former GPO). I've found that Borders in Melbourne Central always has the previous week's edition of Hello rather than the current edition.
Thanks, Victoriana! :)

Old 05-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Aristocracy

when I was working I used to buy Royalty and Majesty monthly from a newsagency in Melbourne. I think they used to arrive by air freight in those days as the copies were only two weeks old when they arrvived. When I first started collecting them they were $6 (approx) each. When a copy reached $14.60 (4 years ago?) I decided to call it a day and now I only buy it if there is something really special wish to add to my collection. (mainly Royal Weddings:) )

Scott
Old 06-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Nobility

Has the new Royalty magazine arrived in Aus. yet?
I know the latest Magisty magazine available in Australia is the one with [a very young] Queen Liz II on the cover.
Thanks in advance. :)
Old 06-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Nobility

Which issue of Royalty are we up to!? :) The last one I bought had Prince Christian's christening in it... I'm a little annoyed so I might rant for a second: every time I go into my local newsagent I ask them for my Royalty magazine (inevitably, it's not there), and when I ask them to find out where it is, I'm sure they don't even bother to do so. Grrr!
It's worth buying the latest Majesty for the Queen's 80th birthday; there are many beautiful photos, and it makes a nice souvenir. :)
Old 06-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
Which issue of Royalty are we up to!?
It's worth buying the latest Majesty for the Queen's 80th birthday; there are many beautiful photos, and it makes a nice souvenir. :)
The last Royalty I bought was the one with Angelina Jolie on the cover, which I believe would be March's issue coz on the spine it says Volume 3. I haven't been to my newsagent yet, I'm going tomorrow to see if they have the new one :)
Totally agree about the Majesty issue, it was a great tribute to HM and I loved the picture for each year of her life!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
The last Royalty I bought was the one with Angelina Jolie on the cover, which I believe would be March's issue coz on the spine it says Volume 3. I haven't been to my newsagent yet, I'm going tomorrow to see if they have the new one :)
Totally agree about the Majesty issue, it was a great tribute to HM and I loved the picture for each year of her life!
Yeah, that was the last one i bought to.
KatieLouise I know it's fustrating sometimes when you ask your local newsagent whether or not they have the new royalty mag and they just act as if they cant be bothered to help you (I help myself...in other words i go and see if they have it in the rack and if not i would have to wait until the weekend comes and go to the newsagent at one of the close shopping centres in my area (they are really good people) the newsagent in that shopping centre usually has the new royalty so i guess i have to wait until the weekend but in the meantime i'll go to my local newsagent and see if they have it as well :) .
Old 06-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
Which issue of Royalty are we up to!? :) The last one I bought had Prince Christian's christening in it... I'm a little annoyed so I might rant for a second: every time I go into my local newsagent I ask them for my Royalty magazine (inevitably, it's not there), and when I ask them to find out where it is, I'm sure they don't even bother to do so. Grrr!
I have that one as well. Beautiful pic's of the Queen. It will make a nice souvenir indeed. will it be worth a lot do you think ? if the unspeakable happens (i don't want charles to be our king ) and Queen Liz II passes away. I know i shouldn't be thinking about that anyway. long live queen Liz.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Nobility

Hi guys, is the new royalty in yet? :) I went in to the newsagent again yesterday and they called their supplier while I was there. They said it wouldn't be in until August!! :( @flctylu I guess the magazine might be worth a bit one day! On eBay you see royal magazines selling for quite a bit, even the newer ones... I think of what I spend on royal books and magazines as an investment of sorts, too - not that I'd ever want to sell them but the thought's there
Old 07-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Nobility

ouh...just got the newest (available edition in Australia, Vic) of Majesty with Queen Liz II in a pinky-red outfit and an intresting article (spread) about King Alfonso XIII of Spain and Princess Ena. I really hope the new issue of royalty comes to my local newsagent soon :( :) .
Old 07-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Royalty Magazine and Royalty Digest Quarterly

HAs anyone tried to subscribe to the new Royalty Digest Quarterly, published in Sweden, and taking over from Royalty Digest, now defunct, published by Paul Minet, Ticehurst, England .?

I have the first 2 issues, the 3rd being in the pipeline.

Regarding Royalty Magazine, I have had a yearly subscription with them, and it takes about 22 months for a twelve minth sub. My last issued received 1th May.
For a monthly magazine, you can get it every 2 or 3 months, once I waited 8 months. They are an awful magazine to do business with.

Signed HRH
Old 07-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

Went looking for Pont de Vue in our new Borders last week & think it very over priced at $8.75. Much rather stick to Majesty & the local mags (the same pictures turn up in them anyway).
Old 11-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I live in USA and I just got the Royalty mag from June...can you believe it? It's got Mary on the cover and talks about Laura Parker-Bowles wedding and how Kate was there too...Please! I find out things much quicker on this board than I do through Royalty mag. That's why I like all of you! You keep me up to date with the royals!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Nobility

Does Royalty come out every 3 months/quartely in a year? The latest one that I got my hands on has Scarlett Johansson on the front cover with a small picture of CP Mary and Christian (in that cute sailors suit) in America, and I bought that in November, 2006. I guess the next issue might come out after King Harald's 70th birthday party/celebrations. Does anyone else get a (semi/sort of royalty) magazine called "7Tage"?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
Does Royalty come out every 3 months/quartely in a year? The latest one that I got my hands on has Scarlett Johansson on the front cover with a small picture of CP Mary and Christian (in that cute sailors suit) in America, and I bought that in November, 2006. I guess the next issue might come out after King Harald's 70th birthday party/celebrations. Does anyone else get a (semi/sort of royalty) magazine called "7Tage"?
Royalty is a monthly magazine, but it takes a while to get to Australia. The last Royalty I have is also the Scarlett Johansson one, I'm waiting for the newsagent to ring me when they get the next one in!

I saw 7 Tage on Friday at Borders, it had Mary, Fred and Christian on the cover, and it was all about Christian's birthday. I didn't buy it, I just flicked through the pages and read bits and pieces that interested me
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Just an update flctylu, the latest edition of Royalty is out. I got issue 7 (July 06) with Zara Phillips on the cover today! :)
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Just an update flctylu, the latest edition of Royalty is out. I got issue 7 (July 06) with Zara Phillips on the cover today! :)
Thanks for the update JessRulz . Got my copy at the local newsagents today, I was flipping through it while in the cash out line [as you do ] and most of the issue is devoted to Mary, which is good, a lot of nice pictures [some I havn't seen before].
Old 03-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Gentry

I wonder if Royalty really is a monthly mag because it seems to come out much less frequently than Majesty. I agree with another previous poster on this board that I get much more information from this message board (which is EXTREMELY first-rate!!) than I do from the magazines on the newstand. As far as Point De Vue and other foreign magazines, I think it all depends on the Borders store---I noticed in my semi-local travels which is the 'better' store as far as foreign magazines are concerned. A favorite of mine is Hello magazine because they always have such beautiful photos and of course, comes out much sooner than the monthly Royalty magazines. I have not heard of that new one, (7-something?) but I will certainly be looking for it!! Is it an English magazine??
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiep
I have not heard of that new one, (7-something?) but I will certainly be looking for it!! Is it an English magazine??
7Tag. Its not a magazine in english, unfortunatly, the whole magazine is in german.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Guys, the new Majesty magazine is out with Wills and Kate on the cover. It also talks about King Harald's 70th birthday and for all those Aussie Norweigen Royalty fans theres even a pull out poster in the middle of the mag of the recent christmas shoot with Martha-Louise, Leah I, Maud A, Harald, Sonja, Haakon, Mette-Marit, Ingrid A and Sverre M . I've got my copy . Next issue will be on Prince Hans Adam of Liechestien.