Royal Jewels Books

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
Several recommendations for books on royal jewels: Queens' Jewels by Vincent Meylan.

Attachments

• Meylan.jpg
    Meylan.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,164
Tiaras: A History of Splendor by Geoffrey Munn and Tiaras Past & Present also by Munn...

There are several photos in the "Royal Jewels" section that might be of interest to those interested in both/either books. :)

Originally posted by Julia@Mar 27th, 2003 - 10:14 pm
Several recommendations for books on royal jewels: Queens' Jewels by Vincent Meylan.
If anyone ever comes across this book, you should defintely flip through it. Throughout the summer, this book was in the window of a small British book shop on my way to work and it has been brought back to the window again.

Now, I am not one for grand jewellery -- big diamonds, rings with diamonds and stones half the size of my knuckle and earrings as big as my ear do not interest me too much -- but even I was drooling at the pictures of the gorgeous jewellery in this book. And it's not just the tiaras, it's also the stately necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches, etc.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Jan 20th, 2004 - 9:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 9:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Julia@Mar 27th, 2003 - 10:14 pm
If anyone ever comes across this book, you should defintely flip through it. Throughout the summer, this book was in the window of a small British book shop on my way to work and it has been brought back to the window again.

Now, I am not one for grand jewellery -- big diamonds, rings with diamonds and stones half the size of my knuckle and earrings as big as my ear do not interest me too much -- but even I was drooling at the pictures of the gorgeous jewellery in this book. And it's not just the tiaras, it's also the stately necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches, etc. [/b][/quote]
So you would actually recommend it then? I didn't read very good reviews, but if you say it is good, I will add it to my collection. Maharajas' Jewels is also a must for anyone that is interested in really fine jewellry and amazing pics. It is a huge coffee table book with excellent pictures and write-ups (a bit expensive though at $100).

Prince Michael of Greece also wrote a book on European crown jewels a while ago, and there was a book published on the Iranian Crown Jewels (I think that was the title) back in the 1970s.

Sean

I would not say that this book is an academic read by any means, but certainly if you are interested in a beautiful coffeetable-esque book with stunning photographs of the jewels and the royals which they adorn and some light facts (not sure how accurate the info is), then this is a good book.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 7th, 2004 - 12:21 pm
A book I've just discovered that is beautiful to look at with some interesting information, too, is Tiaras: A History of Splendour by Geoffrey C. Munn.

I just saw this in the bookstore the other day. A great book. Nice big photos. A pretty good narrative as well. Color and black and white photos. Excellent coffee-table book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just ordered "Faberge in the Royal Collection" and "Royal Treasures" from the Royal Collection bookstore. They charge for postage by number of items, not by weight. Unless I'm missing something, as a US resident I found that not only was it cheaper to buy these books from there than from the UK Amazon, but it was cheaper than buying them from the US Amazon. The amount they charged for both books would have been about equivalent to buying just the Royal Treasures book from Amazon.

Tiaras in Majesty magazine

Just and FYI in this months Majesty magazine they are profiling the Swedish and Belgium tiaras. Great pics! Next month is Denmark and Norway.

I do not know why and are there some problems with Majesty Magazine but it has not issued the new issue for long time and on its site still the issue with a picture of Prince Charles and mrs Camilla in front of the magazine.Anybody know why?They will stop work and publish any more?

Out now!

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Majesty Magazine has not issued the new issue for long time and on its site still the issue with a picture of Prince Charles and Mrs Camilla in front of the magazine.

HMQEII

I bought the 'current' issue last week in Angus & Robertson, Pitt St Mall.

It has Harry & William on the cover, titled "Helping Hands".
7 pages of tiara pics, plus some great photos of the interiors of St James's Palace and Buckingham Palace.

W

I will admit that I am way ahead of you all in that I subscribe to Majesty and so have just recieved the May issue!!!! :) :) :)

And...?

wymanda said:
I will admit that I am way ahead of you all in that I subscribe to Majesty and so have just recieved the May issue!!!! :) :) :)

So, what's in it? Give us a Wymanda rundown.

:)

Pictures from THE WEDDING
Unknown photos of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor
The Dutch Jewels
The royal association with the Chelsea Flower Show
Profile of Prince Rainier
Prince Harry to Sandhurst & a short history of the Royals Army tradition

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Oh where did you buy the magazine Wymanda?

You can find subscription information in the back of the magazine. There is a number to call and you can do it over the telephone. Mine cost about $145 AUD this year.

did they already showcase the British Tiaras

ksenia said:
did they already showcase the British Tiaras

No, we still have that joy to come. Mind you they will need to dedicate two or three issues to the british tiara's alone. :D

wymanda said:
You can find subscription information in the back of the magazine. There is a number to call and you can do it over the telephone. Mine cost about $145 AUD this year.

You can also go to http://www.majestymagazine.com to subscribe to the Magazine. I just renewed my subscription for two years at a cost of $128 (US Dollars), but that was b/c my subscription was almost up. On their website it shows how much it costs for a year.

im been suscribe every years they i plans to plus by 2 years since 2003 they i would wanted to more years for 3 years maybe! but i like Majesty magazine very much and also Hello magazine too!

i read tiara history includes Norway,Belgium,Netherlands,etc not yet to add of British tiara include late HM Queen Mother and current HM Queen Elizabeth II,Princess Anne and late Diana,Princess of Wales and also Sophie,Countess of Wessex will appears to add in Majesty magazine i hope so!

and i read magazine that next month cover of answer what? Prince William! he will get out school in scotland i cant wait to read about that!

Sara Boyce

Alexandria said:
A book I've just discovered that is beautiful to look at with some interesting information, too, is Tiaras: A History of Splendour by Geoffrey C. Munn.

i wanted that one!

i read in Royalty magazine but that book nearly $100.00 but i cant afford! if have amazon?

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
Sara,
Try E-Bay ( www.ebay.com ). I purchased my copy through there recently and got it for under half the retail value. Ebay is an auction site so you have to bid for things but, as I said, prices are often much cheaper.

wymanda said:
Sara,
Try E-Bay ( www.ebay.com ). I purchased my copy through there recently and got it for under half the retail value. Ebay is an auction site so you have to bid for things but, as I said, prices are often much cheaper.

im not member of e-bay but im not trust e-bay! but i do trust amazon and bookstores!

Sara Boyce

You can try requesting your local library to stock it. That's what I do if I find a cool book I can't afford. And I think Tiaras would be one that a lot of people would want to read/browse through.

Last edited:
wymanda said:
Sara,

i got private e-mail from you today and my mom been member of e-bay but i would try to member of e-bay or dont! but i like Amazon more best prices low and high prices whether for me!

Sara Boyce

You can also keep an eye out at eBay, where people are often selling back issues of magazines. I've just bought a bunch of copies of Point de Vue there.

Back
Top Bottom