The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't realize I had that last one already in hardcover. The one I saw on Amazon is paperback with a different cover photo.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

I have Munn's bible "Tiaras - A History of Splendour".
Would any of you recommend his other book and/or the Tiara book by Diana Scarisbrick as an addition? Do they concentrate on British tiaras or do they cover pieces from other countries as well?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags View Post
Geoffrey Munn's Tiaras: Past and Present is an excellent book for the British Royal Family Jewels. As for his second book, Tiaras: A History of Splendour, keep you eyes open on Ebay. I just bought the book for $20.
Do you know if in "Tiaras: A History of Splendor" appear jewels of the Iranian or Egyptian Royal Family?

Regards and thanks!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator

The only Egyptian royalty in Munn is the stock photograph of Queen Fawzia wearing the Van Cleef & Arpels diamond parure (page 389) with two pictures of the original designs for the tiara and necklace (p388) plus an accompanying paragraph (p391).

Regarding Iran, there is a picture of the Nur ul-Ain diamond tiara made by Harry Winston on page 390.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the info!
Do you know any book where find information about Egyptian Royal Jewels?

I have received today Meylan's "Queen's Jewels? and I only can say that it's awesome! Is true that the information about, for example, Spanish Royal House's jewels, isn't very extensive, but you have to think that this book is like an introduction of the marvelous world of the Royal Jewels. If I want to read and learn more about, for example, Iranian Royal Jewels, I will buy an specific book about them (I will do it ).

Do you know where can I find more information about the jewels of the Greek Royal House?

Have you read "Van Cleef and Arpels" by Sylvie Raulet (the edition with more than 300 pages, no the edition with only 79 pages)? How about it?

Regards!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Hello! What books about Crown Jewels and Regalia do you know?

What about the book by HRH Michael of Greece?

Regards!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Nobility

Vincent Meylan (Point de View) is writing a book about the secrets of the Boucheron famous clients during history.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Book: "Secret archives: Boucheron"

"The Greville case deserves a whole book to itself. To tell you the truth, you will find a whole chapter about mrs greville. I could not reproduce every thing, but you will see mrs greville's original tiara, before it was made into the losange shape we know, her emerald tiara, her two diamonds necklaces which, in my opinion could be the origin of the two we know and which now belong the Duchess of Cornwall.

The book is written around the clients, with original photographs from the jewels, portraits of the clients, original invoices and sometimes letters from them. It will be 450 pages with about 300 illustrations black and white and colour. I have tried to stick all the time to the original archives to give the reader the feeling he discovers them. They are reproduced with the photographs and the letters in full page so that everyone can read them like i did when i opened the archives books myself. Boucheron has given me an amazing freedom in using anything i found, untill 1958, ( after that date everything remains confidential). The book should give you a good glimpse into the collections of La Païva, La Castiglione, La Belle Otero, Mrs. Consuelo Vanderbilt, Marie Louise Mac Kay, the famous Mrs. Kelch who, believe me, did not collect only easter Fabergé eggs, Gertrude Vanderbilt, the Mrs. Astor, empress Alexandra of Russia (one piece only but beautidul), some grand dukes, king Farouk of Egypt, a few egyptian princes, the whole collection of emeralds of the the maharajah of Patiala, lady Harcourt, the duchess of Roxburghe, a lot of pearls, Joan Crawford, The Camondo family, Rita Hayworth, the duke of Windsor before Wallis, Sarah Bernhard...and some crown jewels of Iran... Just to mention a few.
Last but not least, Boucheron has given me the authorisation to publish their most secret archives, their book of stones. It is the book where all the famous stones which passed thrue their hands during one century have been reproduced and classified : diamonds, rubies, pearls, saphirs, emeralds. It is a fascinating document. The book will not be a "coffe table book" it is a normal book, a bit bigger, but text and illustrations are equal. We made this choice because we wanted to sell it cheap. So the price, in France and anywhere in the world i guess, will be 25 euros. And to tell you the truth, there MIGHT be, another REALLY AMAZING book in spring. But this one is not sure. I'll let you know if it happens. It should be decided within a few weeks. Sorry if i seem to be advertising my own books, but it isreally only about jewelry and a lot of royal jewelry”. By Vincent
Source:

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: To franck
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Archives Secrètes de Boucheron: Amazon.fr: Meylan V: Livres
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Titulo: Joyas reales, fastos y boato
Authors: Jose Luis Sampedro, Ricardo Mateos Sainz de Medrano
La Esfera, Spain

[La Esfera de los Libros]

http://esferalibros.com/imagen/porta...8497348867.jpg
Old 11-13-2009, 05:35 AM
Nobility

Check the new edition of Images du Monde Special Bijoux de Point de Vue.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The cover can be seen here:

Point de Vue Spécial Bijoux | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Nobility

The Swedish Royal Collection has recently published a new book on the Crown Regalia, titled Skattkammaren – Kungliga slottet with text in Swedish, English, French, German and Russian. The author, Ann-Christine Jernberg, works in the Royal Court’s information department and, as the five languages indicate, this book is mostly directed at tourists.

Skattkammaren – ny bok om riksregalierna - Kungahuset [NS4 version]
Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Nobility

To Espejor: In Alexandria (Egypt) there is a museum dedicated to the egyptian royal jewels. Send an email to their office to see if they sell a book dedicated to the jewels.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Title: Jewels of the Romanovs: Family & Court
Author: Stefano Papi
Editorial: Thames and Hudson
Sept 30, 2010

http://www.amazon.com/Jewels-Romanovs-Family-Stefano-Papi/dp/0500515328/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270203511&sr=1-1
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Here's a pic of the cover:
Jewels of the Romanovs: Family and Court"
Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Nobility

Title: Van Cleef & Arpels: The Spirit of Beauty
by Francois Curiel, Patrick Gries, Catherine Deneuve, and
Van Cleef & Arpels
Publisher: Editions Xavier Barral
February 28, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/Van-Cleef-Arpels-Spirit-Beauty/dp/2915173540/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272529754&sr=1-1
Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Majesty

a part of the book is about the swedsig royal jewllery

Drottning Silvias festklänningar : och de kungliga smyckena

by Cay Bond

ISBN10:9173531308
ISBN13:9789173531306

Drottning Silvias festklänningar : och de kungliga smyckena (9173531308) av Cay Bond - Adlibris bokhandel

and
about the danish royal jewllery

Juvelerne i det danske kongehus

by Bjarne Steen Jensen

ISBN10:8717071437

ISBN13:

Juvelerne i det danske kongehus (8717071437) av Bjarne Steen Jensen - Adlibris bokhandel
Old 05-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Title: “Jewellery of the House of Savoy”
by Maria Gabriella of Savoy, Stefano Papi
Publisher: Mondadori Electa

English
http://www.amazon.com/Jewellery-House-Savoy-Maria-Gabriella/dp/8837052405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274473493&sr=8-1
Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank22 View Post
Title: “Jewellery of the House of Savoy”
by Maria Gabriella of Savoy, Stefano Papi
Publisher: Mondadori Electa
English
http://www.amazon.com/Jewellery-House-Savoy-Maria-Gabriella/dp/8837052405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274473493&sr=8-1

Is it worth $115 though? That would be the most I've ever spent on a book I think.