The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Nobility

what are the trustworthy English papers? i read the news every day on the internet, but i don't know which to trust. i guess Guardian&Times are trustworthy, but how about others like Mirror/Telegraph/Mail/Sun/Independent, etc?

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 10-08-2005, 06:11 AM

point de vue & royals

Old 10-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Courtier

I read a rumour on another royalty forum that Majesty's editor Ingrid Seward uses her magazine to promote Camilla at all costs, in order to continue getting invited around to Highgrove for scoops.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
what are the trustworthy English papers? i read the news every day on the internet, but i don't know which to trust. i guess Guardian&Times are trustworthy, but how about others like Mirror/Telegraph/Mail/Sun/Independent, etc?
i know that the mirror and the sun are quite gossipy...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I wouldnt call Majesty pro-camilla. I think they're very balanced. they cover members of the royal family and that's what she is now. but really, back in the 80s 9 out of 10 issues had a diana close up on the cover. and I dont think they've done 1 with just camilla yet.
I agree. Even in the 90s Diana was on almost every cover.
Now Royalty....its so so. Its still (I think...its been a while since I bought it/saw it) every issue Diana is on the cover....now that might be because Diana's picture still sells, I don't know. The facts in the magazine are off sometimes....its not organized well, but that is just my opinion of course.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I read People magazine alot, here in the states. I am not aware of one of their stories being proven untrue. If they do edit something-they mention it pretty promently in the next issue..usually it is just a correction of someone's name in a caption.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Italian magazine "CHI" is pretty reliable, and carries great pictures of royals, as well as household and international celebrities.

The trashiest among Italian mags are "novella2000" and "eva3000 express" with lots of paparazzi style pics and harsh comments.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
what about se og hor (norway and denmark) and prive (netherlands)?
oh no not se og hoer. They are so mean to people whether they are royal or not. After the divorce of Alexandra and Joachim they throw mud in Joachims face and was really mean to him.
None of us know what happened in that marriage.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

The thing that bugs me about Majesty, which I think is otherwise a pretty good magazine, is the constant attention given to Princess Michael and the almost complete absence (unless there's been a wedding or a funeral in the family) of the Gloucesters. I gather Ingrid Seward is a pal of Princess Michael's (or, more proably, vice versa) but there's no need to make it quite so painfully obvious.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Re;

I quite like seeing Princess Michael in Majesty and I think that they give a good equal share to each member of the Royal Family. Of Course, recently, Camilla has been a focus but they have their seasons. I liked their 'Royal Jewels' series which gave a brilliant over-view of many different RFs.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

that's a really good point. I'd never really thought about it but yes, they do have a disproportionate amount of princess michael coverage.

i guess it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. one of my friends is a producer of a tv program which interviewed PM about her book the Serpent and the Moon. a Majesty magazine profile of PM is part of the 'media packet' they received.

this same packet went out to thousands of media outlets world wide. that's definitely good exposure for Majesty.

things like that make it well worth Majesty's while to keep covering PM extensively and positively.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I never noticed that about Princess Michael (the amount of coverage). The one thing that slightly bothers me about Majesty is it really doesn't cover All the Royal Families. I know its a British Mag. so they will cover the BRF more than any other, but it seems they slack off with other Royal Families. I know that some Royal Families protect their privacy but I would think there would be some news on other families. I do like when they do their series of articles on certain subjects...like the Palaces, the jewels, etc.
It must be hard after a while to keep coming up with the something new every month...I guess they really rejoiced when the Royal Weddings happened last year & now with the upcoming births!

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't say the coverage was extremely high. just disproportionately high.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

I am a fan of Majesty and Hello for articles on all of the ruling royalties. They have wonderful picture and are quite balanced . As for Royalty the magazine, I'm not a huge fan. As far as I know about the British papers they are tabloids like the Globe and the National Enquirer are in the Us and Canada.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
I am a fan of Majesty and Hello for articles on all of the ruling royalties. They have wonderful picture and are quite balanced . As for Royalty the magazine, I'm not a huge fan. As far as I know about the British papers they are tabloids like the Globe and the National Enquirer are in the Us and Canada.
I'm with you. Hello is great for pictures.

There are rumors about Royalty not always following the most ethical business practices. but I don't know if that is true or not.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The thing that bugs me about Majesty, which I think is otherwise a pretty good magazine, is the constant attention given to Princess Michael and the almost complete absence (unless there's been a wedding or a funeral in the family) of the Gloucesters. I gather Ingrid Seward is a pal of Princess Michael's (or, more proably, vice versa) but there's no need to make it quite so painfully obvious.
I think the Gloucesters live quietly, while Princess Michael likes attention. Plus, she's got books to sell and she needs the free advertising.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Are "Hello" and "Hola" "sister" magazines, published by the same firm? I like "Hello." The articles and interviews and photos all seem very well done and there's much more substance than "People," which gives about 3 pages of coverage, at best, to any issue or person.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I didn't realize those things about Royalty. I like because it does cover European Royal families a little more than Majesty. Ingrid Seward, Majesty's editor her late husband was a very close friend of Prince Charles so I'm sure that may explain why it covers the BRF extensively.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Are "Hello" and "Hola" "sister" magazines, published by the same firm?
Yes, owned by the same publishing House. Started off in Madrid, then a UK edition was launched. I saw a documentary on Hello! and the Spanish owners a few years ago: at that stage the magazine was put together in the Hola! offices in Madrid.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

When it comes to news articles, I wouldn't place much trust in anything from http://www.femalefirst.co.uk Anyone that manage to get the basic facts concerning royalty wrong, can't be relied upon to get the final details correct either, in my opinion.