The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Ozzi land

I am very dissapointed that Australia doesn't have that Majesty Magazine. Apparrantly every country has their own version. Now look you all have to tease me with such good info. No fair :(

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator

I doubt we have our own version. One of the reason's Majesty is so expensive is the freight cost from the UK.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohara View Post
I am very dissapointed that Australia doesn't have that Majesty Magazine. Apparrantly every country has their own version. Now look you all have to tease me with such good info. No fair :(
My library in Brisbane has the copy. Sometimes it just takes a while to get here.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

I really wish Australia would get its own version, it would do great over here

Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

I occasionally buy HELLO magazine (UK) following a Royal event. It used to be excellent in covering the Monaco Royals, but sadly I've noticed there's less & less space devoted to them. I looked today at the current issue & couldn't find any coverage of the Rose Ball. Looking back over previous years there's usually a couple of pages devoted to this event. I may have missed it last week but I don't think so given the publication day - perhaps someone can let me know. However, I would imagine HOLA! covered it thoroughly. I do miss the regular photo spreads of Caroline & Stephanie in HELLO, & so far Charlotte doesn't seem to have sparked so much interest even though she spends a great deal of time in the UK.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Royal Highness

I take back my previous comment - have just seen this week's HELLO & there's some coverage of the Rose Ball including a fashion item on Caroline's champagne cork bracelet! I stand by my comment about there being less regular coverage of the Monagasque Royal family though.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think Hello magazine only very rarely reports on events in Europe they have oncenow and again. The Rose Ball the Nobel Prize, but they haven't had any events from Denmark, Norway, Belgium or the Netherlands. They post them on the website but never publish them in the magazine.
It's a shame really.
x
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The Moneqasques royals-particularly Caroline and Charlotte-receive minimal publicity in publications like Hello! possibly because they have proven to be very litigious and the editors grew tired of being sued every other month, over the most trivial things.

Paris Match got so fed up with Caroline that they no longer print anything about her at all, not even her wonderful work with the AMADE charity, which is kind of a shame but I really cannot blame them.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohara View Post
We get it in the U.S. but it is quite clearly a British publication. it takes quite a while to get to my bookseller, if it gets there at all. It seems to be less readily available than it was a number of years ago.

And I've given up on Royalty entirely. It's even less popular than Majesty, and it's become so intensive on actresses that I can't stand it.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

iowabelle that is the PRECISE reason why I have given up on Royalty Mag and why I don't read Point de Vue regularly anymore.

This focus on these two-bit starlets is just horrible. I'd rather read about the most minor, most obscure royalty or aristo than any Hollywood actress on any day!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's funny you said that. I got a call to renew my PdVue subscription and told them I am no longer interested..... They asked why and I told them I am not interested in Carla Bruni's elegance or Rashida's baby's father mystery.........The lady was very polite. She said...I understand........so that is that.
In essence the interest in royalty as a whole must be waning since magazines who devoted their issues about them are turning to society news.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM

I just got this months Royalty- huge spread on the Golden Globes and Obama- Very Royal

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Yep, Royalty is full of celebs and then there's the news from around the world.....which everyone knows about. It's supposed to be Royalty, not People or Newsweek.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
It's funny you said that. I got a call to renew my PdVue subscription and told them I am no longer interested..... They asked why and I told them I am not interested in Carla Bruni's elegance or Rashida's baby's father mystery.........The lady was very polite. She said...I understand........so that is that.
In essence the interest in royalty as a whole must be waning since magazines who devoted their issues about them are turning to society news.
Bravo Odette! I let my prescription lapse and I continue to get bills but no phone call.

I am not interested in PdVue anymore...it's too Sarkozy/celeb centered.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Nobility

It's funny you all say this about Point de Vue this week, because lately I've been thinking that they've been doing a little bit better in royal coverage. Maybe they've just worn me down so much I don't notice anymore.

I'm afraid that Hello has pretty much gone the way of People, covering celebrities I've either never heard of or don't care about. I hope they don't go the People route on royal coverage, too -- People only covers the most obvious stories, generally well after the fact, and without any actual insights or news at all.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
The Moneqasques royals-particularly Caroline and Charlotte-receive minimal publicity in publications like Hello! possibly because they have proven to be very litigious and the editors grew tired of being sued every other month, over the most trivial things.

Paris Match got so fed up with Caroline that they no longer print anything about her at all, not even her wonderful work with the AMADE charity, which is kind of a shame but I really cannot blame them.
You are so right. The Monaco royals are so "sue happy" - they will sue anyone or anything at the drop of a hat!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert sued Paris Match for stating that he would acknowledge paternity of his love-child, Alexandre Coste.

Then a few days later he acknowledged paternity!!

It's really ridiculous.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hola is also very good in royalty news. I think it´s the best magazine in Spanish for it.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with all of you who are disgruntled with Point de Vue. It used to be marvelous, now it´s Sarkozy-land. I buy Hola when there is something interesting about royalty and Hello for the same reason. Most magazines are foccused on celebrities, it´s a shame.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Like everybody else, I noticed Royalty, Point de Vue, Paris Match and Hello magazines don't cover anything about royals anymore. I find it disappointing. I don't buy them very much anymore. I remember these magazines used to focus on royals a lot in the past.