The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Well, it's a non-Sarkozy week over at Point de Vue! Alas, I have NO IDEA who the heck the guy on the cover is. (Yvon-Chrysotome Dolto? I guess I'll have to Google to find out who he is.)

Otherwise, they appear to have several royal articles this week.

Merci, beaucoup!
That's Carlos. He was a very famous french singer and he died last week so I believe that's what make them took the decision.

Another news : French Magazine "Gala" made its cover on Cécilia Sarkozy comparing her to .... (hang on to your seat) ... Princess Diana ! They don't follow their logic since at first she was Jackie O and now she's Lady Di. What next ? Mother Theresa ??

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

People are fed up with all the magazine featuring Carla Bruni. They have no choice and I wonder if it sells so many papers especially as they all repeat the same

Old 03-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Can someone PLEASE help me?!

I am looking for a link on the internet to Point de Vue that will lead me to back issues...I think it's called "accueil?" I mean issues going back to at least the very early 90's and perhaps earlier. I have tried several times and come up empty. Any and all help appreciated-thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Help!!

I am looking for a link on the internet to Point de Vue that will lead me to back issues...I think it's called "accueil?" I mean issues going back to at least the very early 90's and perhaps earlier. I have tried several times and come up empty. Any and all help appreciated-thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's a link to the archives of Point de Vue, though the issues only go back to 2002.
You can try Paris Match archives which are dating back to 1949, when the first issue was released.

Because it matters...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I will try both. I really appreciate your help!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a new Swedish magazine dedicated to royalty coming out soon entitled Queen. According to Roger, one of the owners/writers:

Quote:
I am, together with Bonnier publications, starting a magazine in Sweden called QUEEN – in stores on May 15th. It is a serious magazine about the European royal families with current events, history and exclusive interviews – no gossip! QUEEN will also contain a lot of lifestyle pages – fashion, travels, food and wine – everything with a royal twist – 160 pages.
Read more about it here
Old 04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Smile Thanks, GT's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
There is a new Swedish magazine dedicated to royalty coming out soon entitled Queen. According to Roger, one of the owners/writers:

Read more about it here
Thanks!

Now, is this magazine in English, Swedish, or ... both please?

Will it be available to distributours here in our country, to order for their shops, newsstands, etc. to retail?

Thanks for any replies,

-- Abbie
Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
Thanks!

Now, is this magazine in English, Swedish, or ... both please?

Will it be available to distributours here in our country, to order for their shops, newsstands, etc. to retail?

Thanks for any replies,

-- Abbie

Probably Swedish, in fact I am sure of it. Distributions... hmm may be limited for those in the US. I'll keep an eye out for more details regarding this new magazine.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Read more about it here
Looks interesting. I will have to get my Swedish co-workers to buy it for me, and bring it with them over, or maybe take a trip across the bridge myself to get a copy

I hope that it can do what it promises. I've been wishing for a magazine that doesn't infer only positive, or only negative things about the royals based on a few facts. It would be good to have some more depth.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Smile Cool!

Quote:
Probably Swedish, in fact I am sure of it. Distributions... hmm may be limited for those in the US. I'll keep an eye out for more details regarding this new magazine.
Cool!

Thank you.

I would love to read developments as they occurr or, are found, GT's.

-- Abbie
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Royalty Magazines

I was wondering if someone could point me to a good magazine to subscribe to. In particular I like the Greek Royals and Grimaldis, but a general with them all would be better!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, Point de Vue found a variation on Nicholas, Cecilia, Carla and Andree Sarkozy for their cover.... this week they placed Sarkozy's sons on the cover. I have to give the editors credit that they keep publishing complaints from readers that beg for a Sarkozy stop and more royalty in the magazine. But the reply remains a very civil ' up yours' . And since the new course resulted in more sold issues I doubt it if they will ever stop the new focus. It will probably transform more and more to the French Hello!/OK! version and will have less and less royalty. I hope that the Belgian magazine ' Royals' will step up and fill in the gap that is left by PdV.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Point de Vue is the pits now. They have become almost arrogant in their insistence on focusing on the Sarko clan. I simply cannot believe that so many readers are that interested in this lot. I will not be renewing my subscription to PDV and I wish I could cancel it now. The editors seem to think that they have FINALLY been able to fill the glamour vacuum that was created by the death of the Princess of Wales, but Carla Bruni is no Diana. I am willing to bet that by this time next year nobody will care about her at all.

On the other hand, "Royals" is a delight. It has very readable stories and beautiful photos. An added plus is that even though there are stories on all the royals, the focus is the Belgian Royals which is great because they are my favorites!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the old format too, I miss the cooking section too, I got some nice recipes from that.
I am heartily sick of Cecilia and if you read the letters from readers a lot of people have complained. She is no longer the wife of the President and of no interest to anyone but her family and new husband I should imagine.
I rather like the society pages with parties and other affairs, mainly to see what the well dressed Frenchwoman is wearing. They seem to have dropped the London society page too I found that interesting and I would like to see it come back.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Point de Vue is the pits now. They have become almost arrogant in their insistence on focusing on the Sarko clan. I simply cannot believe that so many readers are that interested in this lot. I will not be renewing my subscription to PDV and I wish I could cancel it now. The editors seem to think that they have FINALLY been able to fill the glamour vacuum that was created by the death of the Princess of Wales, but Carla Bruni is no Diana. I am willing to bet that by this time next year nobody will care about her at all.
I won't be renewing it either . I don't understand how this idea of a "new" Diana crossed their mind. Carla has nothing to do with her. I assume it's the only way to sell under Princess Di's name without repeating everything we already know about her.

Quote:
On the other hand, "Royals" is a delight. It has very readable stories and beautiful photos. An added plus is that even though there are stories on all the royals, the focus is the Belgian Royals which is great because they are my favorites!
Yes, "Royals" is way much better than PDV. However, not every Royal reader can afford it, compared to PDV which is sold for only €2.20. Moreover, it's released every week, on the contrary of Royals, published on a monthly basis.

Because it matters...
Old 05-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Wow! I totally agree on the PDV covers --- enough of Carla. I am so sick of seeing her in her purple outfit and all of the photos of the two of them cuddling --- get a room already!
There is a lot happening in the royal world, but you would never know it looking at Point de Vue!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Wow! I totally agree on the PDV covers --- enough of Carla. I am so sick of seeing her in her purple outfit and all of the photos of the two of them cuddling --- get a room already!
There is a lot happening in the royal world, but you would never know it looking at Point de Vue!

I figured the birth of Mathilde and Philippe's baby girl would warrant a cover on PDV. WRONG! They had Carla on again, with a dinky little article on the new Belgian princess! The old, classy PDV would have put Mathilde and Philippe and their gorgeous family on the cover!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I figured the birth of Mathilde and Philippe's baby girl would warrant a cover on PDV. WRONG! They had Carla on again, with a dinky little article on the new Belgian princess! The old, classy PDV would have put Mathilde and Philippe and their gorgeous family on the cover!
The last 4 posts made me smile since I have been so frustrated with them, I let my subscription lapse. However, I found myself circling the kiosks in Europe and the airports looking for the new issues since I miss them. .......Well guess what .....I have called and renewed the subscription again and seeing from the web site I did not miss much in the last month but.........I am still checking the mail each day waiting for the first issue to arrive.........LOL
Old 05-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Oh my - the latest issue of PDV has the daughter of Cecelia Szarko getting married --- who cares?!!!
There is so much royal news out there and PDV just keeps ignoring it!