Royal and Other Magazines (PdeV, Majesty, Hello! etc)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny you said that. I got a call to renew my PdVue subscription and told them I am no longer interested..... They asked why and I told them I am not interested in Carla Bruni's elegance or Rashida's baby's father mystery.........The lady was very polite. She said...I understand........so that is that.
In essence the interest in royalty as a whole must be waning since magazines who devoted their issues about them are turning to society news.

I just got this months Royalty- huge spread on the Golden Globes and Obama- Very Royal

Yep, Royalty is full of celebs and then there's the news from around the world.....which everyone knows about. It's supposed to be Royalty, not People or Newsweek.:nonono:

It's funny you said that. I got a call to renew my PdVue subscription and told them I am no longer interested..... They asked why and I told them I am not interested in Carla Bruni's elegance or Rashida's baby's father mystery.........The lady was very polite. She said...I understand........so that is that.
In essence the interest in royalty as a whole must be waning since magazines who devoted their issues about them are turning to society news.

Bravo Odette! I let my prescription lapse and I continue to get bills but no phone call.

I am not interested in PdVue anymore...it's too Sarkozy/celeb centered.

It's funny you all say this about Point de Vue this week, because lately I've been thinking that they've been doing a little bit better in royal coverage. Maybe they've just worn me down so much I don't notice anymore.

I'm afraid that Hello has pretty much gone the way of People, covering celebrities I've either never heard of or don't care about. I hope they don't go the People route on royal coverage, too -- People only covers the most obvious stories, generally well after the fact, and without any actual insights or news at all.

The Moneqasques royals-particularly Caroline and Charlotte-receive minimal publicity in publications like Hello! possibly because they have proven to be very litigious and the editors grew tired of being sued every other month, over the most trivial things.

Paris Match got so fed up with Caroline that they no longer print anything about her at all, not even her wonderful work with the AMADE charity, which is kind of a shame but I really cannot blame them.

You are so right. The Monaco royals are so "sue happy" - they will sue anyone or anything at the drop of a hat!

Prince Albert sued Paris Match for stating that he would acknowledge paternity of his love-child, Alexandre Coste.

Then a few days later he acknowledged paternity!!

It's really ridiculous.

Hola is also very good in royalty news. I think it´s the best magazine in Spanish for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with all of you who are disgruntled with Point de Vue. It used to be marvelous, now it´s Sarkozy-land. I buy Hola when there is something interesting about royalty and Hello for the same reason. Most magazines are foccused on celebrities, it´s a shame.

Like everybody else, I noticed Royalty, Point de Vue, Paris Match and Hello magazines don't cover anything about royals anymore. I find it disappointing.:nonono: I don't buy them very much anymore. I remember these magazines used to focus on royals a lot in the past.:ermm:

I subscribe to "Point de Vue" as it also helps me keep up with my French and pick up "Majesty" at the newsstand when there's an article of interest.

All those who cancelled their Point de Vue subscriptions: run to the nearest shop where they sell the magazine and buy this week's issue! The report on the wedding of prince Jean and Philomena de Tornos is very good. Apart from a LOT of pages & pictures about the wedding, they also have articles about the weddings of ALL the children of the late count and countess of Paris, accompanied by lots of pictures! The best issue in years.

^^thanks for the link! I've never had a Point de Vue on my hands! Wish i could read a little, but the words are to small. Is there a way to see them in a bigger size that i didn't realize?

^^thanks for the link! I've never had a Point de Vue on my hands! Wish i could read a little, but the words are to small. Is there a way to see them in a bigger size that i didn't realize?

no. But at the same link Vente de magazine, journaux, revue, abonnement presse: journaux.fr, votre maison de presse en ligne they sell an issue of Point de Vue with post including by less than 8 euros, if you cannot get it in your place this is a normal price to pay (well, you won´t find cheaper unless you subscribe). Do you have a credit card? If not ask someone to lend his/her credit card to you for only once...

Interview with the owner/director of Hola!, Hello, etc

In a rare and long interview he denies he uses blackmail for his exclusve interviews.
He´s the son of the couple who created Hola!, his mother is still alive and is 89 and works at the magazine.

XLSemanal revista online de actualidad

Is Point de Vue still bad ? I was looking for a magazine about European Royals and high society and that sounded like the best one.

:previous:
You can judge for yourself by looking through every page online each week.
See Alberto2244's PdeV link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Point de Vue still bad ? I was looking for a magazine about European Royals and high society and that sounded like the best one.

I actually think it improved recently. It seems there are much more royalty related articles in the magazine. And less about queen Carla & co.

Has Point de Vure published any books using there old pictures or articles ?

I actually think it improved recently. It seems there are much more royalty related articles in the magazine. And less about queen Carla & co.

Oh I agree. I believe they saw the light and finally went back to where
they were supposed to be.
Although Carla and Michele appear once in a while, they went back to what they do best.:flowers:

Are the special editions of Point de Vue as easy to buy as the weekly ones ? How many times a year do they put out a special edition ?

Au Revoir Royalty Monthly

Royalty Magazine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone know what the last issue published is. I emailed them directly and no response whatsoever. Does anyone still have a live subscription? :eek: Reading the entry on Wiki it looks like they have financial problems again.

Last edited:
Are the special editions of Point de Vue as easy to buy as the weekly ones ? How many times a year do they put out a special edition ?

The Point de Vue/ Images du monde comes out 6 times a year. :flowers:

I am so happy Point de Vue saw the light and went back to what they excel at.
Issue 3193 of 30 September-6 October has devoted a number of pages to the wedding of the Comte de Paris. There were 12 pages devoted to the life of the Comte. A very condensed but very imformative narrative. Bravo to the editors.

can anyone tell me where i can buy the Royalty Magazine in germany?

Back
Top Bottom