The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike Monika View Post
POLOP, there is no, there never was a princess Sultana from Saudi Arabia who asked Jean Sasson to write her lifestory in the "Princess" trilogy. In a new book "The Phoney Princess" (availiable on Amazon) it tells in great detail how there never was a real life princess involved in writing those hoax books.
hi Friederike-Monika, given your name....are you by any chance the writer of that book?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Commoner

Houri you are correct "Princess" is a fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri View Post
even if she did wrote under a different name , when saudi authorities want to get her they will do , maybe she is not even from saudi arabia loooool , it is amazing what people can do to make money .
Houri, if you have read any of Jean Sasson's Princess-books and found them to be unrealistic then you ought to read "The Phoney Princess" (availiable on Amazon) which explains in detail by whom with whom and how Jean Sasson's Princess hoax book's were created.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Commoner

What is shocking about it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23 View Post
hi victoria1999... i haven't read the books but maybe you can tell us what was shocking about it??

also --- do you thing the author may have exaggerated in order to sell more books in the West?
Well, I think the most shocking thing about the Princess Sultana books is surely the fact that those books are not true and that they were made up to further stir negative propaganda and of course to make money from unsuspecting western readers who know painfully little when it comes to Middle Eastern history and customs especielly those of close knit royal circles.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Commoner

Well spotted,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
hi Friederike-Monika, given your name....are you by any chance the writer of that book?
Yes Lee-Z, I am the writer of "The Phoney Princess"
Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 AM

I read those books many years ago and it didn't surprise me. I read a lot of other books about women and Islam after that as well. I was living in Amsterdam at the time and I read quite a bit back then. I think the actions would have surprised me more if I had not been living in Europe. I enjoyed reading them but they are indeed the exception and not the example from what I have read. cheers Cyndi
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Weekly Classics: Death of a princess | DAWN.COM
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Commoner

lenora the article concerning Death Of A Princess is indeed very informative and of course also very well written so my hat of to you for posting it and of course also the author.
But let's ask a question, " Is the information we have all there is about this case?" I will repeat here a little of what I wrote about it in "The Phoney Princess".
I mentioned some of the the wispers and gossip that emerged from Saudi Arabia at the time suggesting this unfortunate princess was actually married to a much older Saudi prince and that it was questionable if the figure that cowered in the arrid desert sand clad from head to toe in a black abaya in readyness to be executed, was really the princess or did some other ciminal person male/feale have to stand in for her? Someone no daubt who under normal circumstances would have been executed for his/her unrelated crime some other day. In Saudi Arabia the religious police who exposed tis princesses secret liaison, is indeed very powerful but the last word in such a case rests at the top of the royal table. For all we know, this princess might have been send to an Arab country lke Lebanon with an entourage of personal staff untill the story blew over and then returned to the fold. She might be married, happy, have children......
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

I have read the last two and I found it interesting to read about the Saudi royal family and about the sultan's younger sister.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The books are very interesting and I dobt that the author is posting on this site. Sorry. And, I think, from perosnal knowledge, that this is more the norm than not. I would not like to be a female in Saudi Arabia. Very restrictive and archaic.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 AM

To Friederike Monika, I understand you have also accused other writers of stealing your work.

Why didn't you go to England to pursue the case against Deborah Moggach? Would you explain.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:32 AM

I cannot find your book, was it pulled off Amazon? Why is it no longer available?