The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Commoner

Princely Family of Monaco

I bought a copy about 2 years ago and enjoyed reading it. I wonder how Albert felt about Stefanie "Stevie" Parker who spilled the beans on their romps in the sack (if it was true)

Old 05-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Courtier

I read that book too....it was excellent. Another good one is "Once Upon a Time", about Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's marriage.
-Kara-

Old 01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Gentry

Book Claims Monaco's Royal Family Exploits Privacy Laws

There's a book by Jean-Paul Champagne, a commentator on popular press, that claims the Monaco royal family (among others) exploits French privacy laws as an extra source of income. Here's a link to the article.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-stars...23/1305624.htm

Any thoughts on the subject?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite3182
There's a book by Jean-Paul Champagne, a commentator on popular press, that claims the Monaco royal family (among others) exploits French privacy laws as an extra source of income. Here's a link to the article.

What government or leadership entity isn't cheating their citizens?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite3182

I didn't read the whole article I had no need to. I could say many things however I will say this Jean-Paul Champagne wanted a piece of the action of all he wrote about and will make a few million with endorsements.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Gentry

I agree . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I didn't read the whole article I had no need to. I could say many things however I will say this Jean-Paul Champagne wanted a piece of the action of all he wrote about and will make a few million with endorsements.
He's just as guilty as though he accuses of exploitation!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Gentry

Princess Grace of Monaco's wedding dress

The Philadelphia museum of art has published a book to coincide with their exhibition of Princess Grace's wedding dress and prayer book. The book can be found on their website www.philamuseum.org
I have ordered this book but can't look at it yet as someone bought it for me for my birthday in a few weeks. I can't wait, it looks gorgeous!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Gentry

Thanks for posting that link, angiep. I will definitely be ordering it.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Caroline - books?

Hi - I've just joined the forum so I hope I'm not repeating anything that may have been discussed before, but I've been wondering for a long time why there hasn't been any official biography of Caroline. I thought something might have been published to mark her 50th birthday, but i haven't come across anything as yet. I can only find one title listed on Amazon about Caroline & I think its a children's book. I know that Royalty mag published a Caroline special a while ago but it's pretty poor pickings for someone of Caro's standing - particularly when you see who does have biographies written about them these days
Here's hoping one day..
Elly C
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Courtier

The one you find on amazon is indeed a children's book.
There was also one from the writer Betrand Stabley-Meyer or Meyer-Stabley.
I've seen the cover once on a website, but I've never found the book itself.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The one you find on amazon is indeed a children's book.
There was also one from the writer Betrand Stabley-Meyer or Meyer-Stabley.
I've seen the cover once on a website, but I've never found the book itself.
I have been wondering the same thing, about why there are not more biographies of P.Caroline. I own three, one in French, two in English (don't have the books with me, will have to check who the authors are). There was one that came out at about the time she got married to Philippe Junot, in English, but it seemed so full of inaccuracies I actually threw it away ! It's never resurfaced in my searches.

Her life is covered in some depth in several of the biographies of her parents, but obviously the authors borrow from each other, so you never read anything new. I haven't seen anything since her marriage to P.Ernst.

I always look when I am in used bookstores or any library. It is surprising what one can find : books I didn't even know existed.

I now make it a policy to buy any book about Monaco if I can find them discounted, otherwise experience has taught me I may never find them again...Besides it gives a goal when you are foraging in a used bookstore.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the information. I would really appreciate the details of the biographies you mention if you ever come across them. I have a biography of Caroline & Stephanie by Susan Crimp & Patricia Burstein written in 1998 but as you say there's often much reworking of the same information in many of the books published. I would have thought Caroline might have trusted someone to tell her story like Grace did with Gwen Robyns (is this author still alive?) Alternatively wouldn't it be wonderful to have some kind of photographic tribute?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Thanks for the information. I would really appreciate the details of the biographies you mention if you ever come across them. I have a biography of Caroline & Stephanie by Susan Crimp & Patricia Burstein written in 1998 but as you say there's often much reworking of the same information in many of the books published. I would have thought Caroline might have trusted someone to tell her story like Grace did with Gwen Robyns (is this author still alive?) Alternatively wouldn't it be wonderful to have some kind of photographic tribute?

It sure would be. There are actually a few photographic tributes, but either they focus on Grace (with a little bit of her children), or on the Monaco family (with quite a bit on the children). There is a great one, in French, with beautiful pictures and fun captions. I'll get the title for you. It was discounted at a newspaper stand at a train station in France, I got it for the equivalent of $5 ! I was so amazed I asked the cashier if he was not making a mistake, and he pointed out it was discounted. I couldn't believe my good luck, but it also made me wonder if books on the Monaco royals are just not that popular in France ? I would have thought the opposite...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
It sure would be. There are actually a few photographic tributes, but either they focus on Grace (with a little bit of her children), or on the Monaco family (with quite a bit on the children). There is a great one, in French, with beautiful pictures and fun captions. I'll get the title for you. It was discounted at a newspaper stand at a train station in France, I got it for the equivalent of $5 ! I was so amazed I asked the cashier if he was not making a mistake, and he pointed out it was discounted. I couldn't believe my good luck, but it also made me wonder if books on the Monaco royals are just not that popular in France ? I would have thought the opposite...
Yes I agree. I've made quite a few visits to branches of Fnac including the one in Monaco & its very slim pickings.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Nobility

The princely family of Monaco - books?

I recommend the following books:

“Rainier, un prince de légende”
by Philippe Delorme
Editeur: Michel Lafon
Français
ISBN : 2-7499-0356-4
http://www.michel-lafon.fr/img/RAINIER_1142516433.JPG

“Albert II de Monaco: Les surprises du prince”
by Philippe Delorme
Editeur: Michel Lafon
22 février 2006
Français
ISBN: 978-2749905013
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xAre2CdtL._SS400_.jpg
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

There are already threads existing on different media representations about the members of the royal family of Monaco, for those interested: both books and tv.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...latt-2475.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...naco-1861.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ress-9662.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...laws-8598.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ine-13485.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ant-10573.html
Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I don't know if this has been mentioned in any thread but I've discovered 3 new books on Princess Grace while I was in Paris (and of course broke my piggy bank to acquire them) :

- Paperback : Movie Icons. Kelly. Taschen. Editor : Paul Duncan. text: Glenn Hopp; Photos : The Kobal Collection. 2007. Text mostly in English

- Grace Kelly, Princesse du Cinema. Preface de S.A.S le Prince Albert II de Monaco, Stanislas Choko editions. 2007 (beautiful pictures from her films), in French and English, but it's mostly pictures anyway.

- Les annees Grace Kelly, Princesse de Monaco, Skira Editore, Grimaldi Forum Monaco, by Frederic Mitterrand, 2007. Absolutely gorgeous pictures, memorabilia like letters, quite a bit on her life in Monaco. In French.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

There's a further new title "Grace Kelly" by Stephane Bern - lovely pictures in black & white & colour with text in French approx 140 pages.
I also noticed on Amazon that a new biography on Grace by Donald Spoto is scheduled for 2009. Now if only we could have one on Caroline`
Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
There's a further new title "Grace Kelly" by Stephane Bern - lovely pictures in black & white & colour with text in French approx 140 pages.
I also noticed on Amazon that a new biography on Grace by Donald Spoto is scheduled for 2009. Now if only we could have one on Caroline`
Just got back from Borders in Dallas:The first 2 books I mentioned exist in the American version. However, I haven't seen the third one. I wonder if it has been translated and published here.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Frederic Mitterand Princess Grace book

I recently read this book about Princess Grace published back in 2007. It's mostly pictures and only valuable for the pictures in my opinion, but for the pictures alone, it's a really worthwhile book. There were pictures I hadn't seen in there, my favorite being on p. 79 a picture of Grace in 1955 in a green and cream Cassini gown wearing green-blue eyeshadow. It's such a lovely image by Erwin Blumenfeld and I hope it's been posted somewhere on the forum, because you just have to see it! Anyway, this book which is a VERY large extensive picture book also has great pictures of her actual clothes and then pictures of her wearing them. This is really a must have book- it's the best photo book on Grace I've ever seen. It was interesting seeing some pictures of her clothes too. Has anyone else read it? I looked for a thread on it but couldn't find any, and tried search to see if it's discussed in any thread, but couldn't find much.