The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

I bought it too, but was pretty disappointed that it didn't feature the Danish royal family at all.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
I bought it too, but was pretty disappointed that it didn't feature the Danish royal family at all.
For the American publishers, Royality obviously only exists where a) they speak English, b) (have) had an American as a princess, c) have important business contacts with the US. Make that British RF, Grimaldis, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, maybe Greece (MC).

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Nobility

I wasn't even able to find the magazine in the store.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

I flipped through it when I was waiting in line at the grocery store. It's a waste of money for me. It focuses almost exclusively on the Britain and Monaco w/minimal mentions of other monarchies. Furthermore, it's not very insightful. It really for the average American who don't know anything about royalty other than the name of a few Windsors and Grimaldis and unrealistic movies like "The Prince and Me" and "The Princess Diaries." The Royal Forums is a better source of information.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Gentry

I bought it and was quite disppointed. It hardly provided information on other royal families besides Great Britain. I would have liked to see more pictures and articles about the others too.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Gentry

Talking New Book About Royalty from People Magazine (U.S.)

Hi everyone! I was looking around online today for books about Royals and I found that the editors of People Magazine just put out a new book on April 10th. It's called People: The Royals: Their Lives, Loves, and Secrets. According to royalty.nu it "Goes behind palace walls to reveal the luxurious lifestyles of the rich and royal from around the world." That is about all I can find for a description about the book, so I don't really know how much "around the world" it is. I looked around and both amazon.com and bn.com (Barnes and Noble) have the book, with amazon being the cheapest. I only know of it being in English.

Here is a link for the book's cover, from amazon.com: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...oyalsbook1.jpg

I'm leaning toward getting it myself, so hopefully I can tell everyone a little more about it. Also, this is my first post trying to do an image, so I apologize if I did it wrong.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

I had not seen this yet. There was one last year about the Royals, this isn't the same one, is it?

If you get it, I hope that you do a book report! I want to find out if it has stuff on the other Princesses!

Tenngirl
Old 04-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

I think it is the same one. It has the same cover from last years.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Gentry

If you go onto bn.com, it has a different cover from the one on amazon.com. I didn't know they had past ones, but if anyone knows if one cover is older or newer, please let me know!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Gentry

Sorry for the double post, but I just decided to get it. So hopefully some time next week, I can do a book report. I was checking around to see if this was new, or maybe just a reissue, and royalty.nu had it under new royalty books published in April 2007. I hope it's a new one!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Courtier

Too bad the book was released before Wills and Kate split, now all the info will be outdated.

This looks like another Windsors/Grimaldis exclusive like the last one. Think I'll pass on this one too. I'm much more interested in the Continental Royal Families, I'm a little tired of hearing the constantly repeated and overrated British and Monegasquin love stories.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Serene Highness

I checked Barnes and Nobles and the cover is different in color. However I agree with morhange, in the US the only royals we ever hear about is of Britain and Monaco. I bough last years edition and it barely gave the other european royals a page.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

I got that same book in September or October and the cover was different. Well, I've read through it so much that its falling apart! It's very good and a worthwhile buy. However, it mostly focuses on the British Royal Family and the Grimaldis, so if youre not really into them, you may not like it as much.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Gentry

Ehhh, they aren't my favorite, I prefer the Norwegian and Dutch RFs, but I figured why not. Just got paid Friday and was looking to get my first book on royals. It said European royals and it was in English, so why not. I have had a hard time finding anything in English on royals outside of British RF and the Grimaldis. My Dutch is not too good to venture into buying a book on their RF yet.

But thanks acdc1 for the positive book review!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Gentry

Here in the US, I am just happy for any books at all on the Royals .......Although I do wish that we would have access to more reading on the other Royal houses, besides the British and the Grimaldis. Right now there are so many glamourous, interesting Royal ladies.