The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 AM

Pavlos No Ordinary King now available

Dear Members,
I would kindly like to inform you, that our new historical album "Pavlos No Ordinary King" is available for purchase. This photo album includes more than 190 photos from King Pavlos of Greece in 256 pages and its a complete chronological biography from 1901 till 1964. In the album is also included a special two and a half hours edition of the documentary "Pavlos No Ordinary King" (Greek dialog, with English subtitles). In the documentary, the members of the Greek Royal family, for the first time, share their memories about King Pavlos and his life including King Constantine, Queen Sofia, Princess Irene, Prince Michael of Greece and Prince Pavlos. Historians, university professors, politicians also contribute to this biography which includes rare photos and film, unpublished documents and a unique visual presentation. You can find more information on our webpage *ΑΥΛΟΣ. ΕΝΑΣ ΑΣΥΝΗΘΙΣΤΟΣ ΒΑΣΙΛΙΑΣ - ΑΡΧΙΚΗ

Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Gentry

Yesterday, my copy of 'Pavlos - No Ordinary King' arrived, the book and DVD about the life of King Pavlos. It's stunning. The book contains great, rare pictures, many are new to me. And the DVD contains the documentary, with interviews with his children and historic footage, all with English subtitles.

One great anecdote from Princess Irene that I saw while skipping through the DVD: apparently, before marrying Frederika, Pavlos had been in love with another princess (Irene said she didn't know why they didn't end up marrying each other). They stayed on good terms all their lives. This princess once gave Pavlos a locket. Frederika once looked in the locket and saw the picture of this princess. She taunted her husband with it and showed the locket to everyone. :)

If you want this book and dvd: be quick. It's a limited edition: in my book, someone wrote ' 178/1000', so I guess there are only 1000 copies.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:32 AM
Courtier

Oh I would love to know which princess it was
Old 02-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Gentry

Can you provide the mailing address to send a money order ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think that it is mentioned on the website:

Contact
Old 02-03-2015, 02:57 AM
Gentry

I can't find it anywhere and I previously gave my credit card info to the sales at the website and it was compromised (my credit card was) all they can tell me is that a vendor was compromised , so idk if anyone has the/a address where I can mail an address I'd feel a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 07:14 AM

For all international orders

For anyone interested in buying the photo album with the DVD, please sent an email at sales@noordinaryking.com with your name.

You should NOT provide any credit card details.

The only payable method is through a bank account deposit or wire transfer after you get in contact with our sales representative.

Best Regards

Nikos Politis
politisnik@yahoo.gr
*ΑΥΛΟΣ. ΕΝΑΣ ΑΣΥΝΗΘΙΣΤΟΣ ΒΑΣΙΛΙΑΣ - ΑΡΧΙΚΗ
Old 05-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Gentry

I have watched mine almost 4 complete times and i will admit i cried twice watching HM the King when he spoke at the Premiere. The love that he has for Both (that/or all 3 of them (his siblings) and HRH Prince Michael) had for Their Majesties radiates throughout the entire documentary. I am an ardent Monarchist and have been since I could Read and Mr. Politis deserves Applause/Kudos for what in my opinion is Way past Due Vindication of HM King Paul/Pavlos and to some Extent HM Queen Frederica. The Scene in the Documentary where The King is talking/describing a scene where HM Queen Frederica stopped her car to help a woman on the street with a child and offered them a ride , and the Gvt. minister with HM advised her Not to b/c the woman was a Communist. HM started breaking up and couldn't finish the story. I can't wait for the day (and i hope that HM, and HM QUEEN SOFIA, AND HRH Princess Irene all live long enough to see both their parents Reputation 100% restored, vindicated and Honored as they Truly Should be.

Mr Politis Summed it up when he says that "he believes that nothing is more important than the truth except the restoration of it and I believe he has done that with this documentary.

The only stability Greece has had in the last 50 Years has been with the Steading Presence of the King as Head of State to maintain the Royal Constitution and Guarantee the continuity of free and Democratic Elections and not the continuous corrupt, coup after coup and illegal government after crooked government that has led Greece to where it is now.

IMO if you Look at Greece During the Reigns of King George I and Paul 1 and the Stability that follows during those reigns , the Greek state has proven more than once that The Monarchy is the Only unifying Factor that will work.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, I do not know much about King Pavlos and his family and this book/documentary sounds very wonderful to have! The information in those have to be made known to the Greeks themselves who don't believe that the monarchy will help them recover. It is such a pity the civilisation that introduced democracy isn't practicing democracy at all~ Thanks very much for that review, carlfraley, and to Nikos Politis - I am so sorry I cannot buy the book/documentary but I thank you very much for giving justice to King Pavlos and Queen Frederika. We appreciate much your hard work and efforts to give us this masterpiece :' )
God bless you!

PS : Oh who is that princess he used to be in love with??!

Tags
king constantine ii, king paul, queen frederika