The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Also that they both, however, espeically Diana thought that they might get back together. Another interesting thing she said that with Charles getting back "together" would have been if she had gotten hurt and he could take care of Diana and she would be dependent on him. The book sounds like it will be an interesing and fair book. That is to say fair to both Charles and Diana.
What does everyone think of these insights?
I think it would have been impossible for them to 'get back together' after the Morton book and the 2 interviews.

From the excerpts I have read, so far it doesn't sound very fair to Charles, Camilla or even Diana.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The legal drinking age is 18, but there are all sorts of details to the law. I think the one you're referring to is that children over 16 may purchase beer or cider in the eating area of licensed premises but not at the bar. So unless this place at Eton was a licensed restaurant, I don't think they'd have been able to buy alcohol between the ages of 16 and 18.
Queens Eyot is an island in the Thames and is owned and used by Eton College. It does have a very good licenced restaurant.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

I have the books, After Diana and The Diana Chronicles and have ordered Diana Style; are there any other worthwhile books coming out by reputable authors?
(I already have Diana:The Portrait and biographies by Sarah Bradford,Tim Clayton,Anne Edwards, Sally Bedell Smith,and others as well but not the books by people who worked for her like her butler and secretary).
Old 06-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, somewhere I read that there are 14 books coming out in time for the anniversary, so there may be more than the ones you've listed, although "reputable" is another matter. You might just want to have a root around Amazon or, considering where you live, wander over to Keplers next time you're up that way and ask the experts there.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Gentry

its quite sad. when diana was alive, she could do no wrong. once she lost her title, the terrible gossipings start. when she died, all the **** about her came out. its really scary. its goes to show that when u are high up there, everyone love you. when u are really down, the vultures will eat you alive. when you are dead, your name is ****
Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtan View Post
its quite sad. when diana was alive, she could do no wrong. once she lost her title, the terrible gossipings start. when she died, all the **** about her came out. its really scary. its goes to show that when u are high up there, everyone love you. when u are really down, the vultures will eat you alive. when you are dead, your name is ****
How very true.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtan View Post
It just goes to show that when you put yourself on a pedestal and encourage others to do so, you had better make sure there are no nasty secrets to come along and knock you off!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Diana ever put herself on a pedestal and nor did she encourage others to do so. And anyway these books aren't damaging her memory.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I don't think Diana ever put herself on a pedestal and nor did she encourage others to do so. And anyway these books aren't damaging her memory.
Agreed. Those people that liked her will still likeher and those that hated her will still hate her. And those with sense will try to see the entire picture;there is good and bad in everyone.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

10 key facts about books on Diana

10 key facts about books on Diana | Dt Opinion | Opinion | Telegraph
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
And oh so true!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

A dress for Diana
Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Okay, so that's the edition with the piece of the final tailoring of Diana's wedding dress, right? Pretty cool, although I'm not really into that kind 'Limited Edition' stuff. It's quite expensive (£ 1,000 !!! OUCH !), okay it's not an ordinary piece of tissu but, unless you are a collector, I would put all my money into that. IMO, I'd prefer shaking her hand than having a piece of her dress ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Remember Diana.. superb book of beautiful photographs

Remember Diana.. superb book of beautiful photographs | the Daily Mail
Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
One of the most interesting thing she said Charles would only come every three weeks to be with Diana as a husband. Also that they both, however, espeically Diana thought that they might get back together. Another interesting thing she said that with Charles getting back "together" would have been if she had gotten hurt and he could take care of Diana and she would be dependent on him.
Tina Brown wasn't the first person to make that claim about Charles looking after Diana if she was injured in the accident. In 1998, Penny Junor said the same thing in Charles: Victim or Villian.

Has anyone read After Diana by Christopher Andersen? I just started it last night. After about 50 pages I am already wondering where some of his stuff is coming from. He is quoting phone conversations between Charles and Camilla. It starts with Charles calling Camilla after being told by phone about of the accident and that it appeared that Diana was just injured. It was Camilla( according to Andersen) who told him not to tell the boys just then. He according to Andersen, then informed the Queen of the accident? Was there another "phone tap" or something to where he would have access to this information? Or is it a case of him being creative--again!!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
One of the most interesting thing she said Charles would only come every three weeks to be with Diana as a husband. Also that they both, however, espeically Diana thought that they might get back together. Another interesting thing she said that with Charles getting back "together" would have been if she had gotten hurt and he could take care of Diana and she would be dependent on him. The book sounds like it will be an interesing and fair book. That is to say fair to both Charles and Diana.
What does everyone think of these insights?
Its very interesting it does make me wonder since the way Charles acted that morning, had Diana not died does one really think that they would have gotten back together?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Tina Brown think so,but I don't think so. Charles has been always a very caring person and Diana was his ex-wife and the mother of his two sons. Of course he would try everything to take care of her in his power but on the other hand he has been "locked" with Camilla in his own way. Camilla has been with him on and off for 23 years already and truly I don't think he would have done such a thing to a woman because of his loyal nature.I think once Charles said he would not been a man like his great uncle Edward VIII, once he has has "Wallis Simpson" dumped all his former mistresses ruthlessly.

I prefer to think Charles -Camilla-Diana can become friends with more understandings. But it may be very hard since Camilla and Diana are both cancerians and there is a nature of competition in it unfortunately.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would have also liked to see that love cc maybe if Diana survived the crash or wasn't involved in it maybe 10 years later Diana and Camilla would be on friendly terms not exactly friends but they could've been in the same room and be civil to each other. Who Knows?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana, An Amazing Life: The People Cover Stories, 1981-1997 (Hardcover)
Amazon.com: Diana, An Amazing Life: The People Cover Stories, 1981-1997: Books: Editors of People Magazine
I just recieved this book from Amazon and it was a great read with all the covers of the Princess on People Magazine.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

Another day, another Diana

Another day, another Diana - Books - Entertainment - theage.com.au