The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2018, 02:59 AM
Courtier

New Book: Harry, Life Loss & Love

There's a new book by Katie Nicholl about Prince Harry, entitled Harry: Life Loss & Love. An excerpt from the book appears in the below New York Post article:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/prince...crown-at-home/

In the excerpt, Nicholl writes about details of H&M's early courtship.

The first photographs of H&M together in December 2016; purchasing a Christmas tree together; the Norway trip; Meghan moving into Nott Cott and cleaning out Harry's cupboards of junk food, and preparing tasty dinners; after being influenced by Meghan's daily regimen of yoga and green juices, Harry seeks out a nutritionist, takes healthy supplements and works out in order to be in better shape for Meghan; Harry also reportedly tries to stop smoking [and he waxes his chest hair]; he doesn't shave his beard that the Queen is said not to like, and which Harry grew while he was in the military; Harry opens up more to his friends about his grief over his mother's loss, as he focuses with spirited purpose on the recently launched Heads Together project with W&K...

I don't particularly care for Harry's beard either, but it's less scruffy-looking since he began dating Meghan, and it does make him look older. Clean-shaven he has a bit of a baby face.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 AM
Majesty

IIRC he grew the beard AFTER he left the military or at least when he went to a desk position..can't remember the exact time frame!

I quite like a beard on him, he looks a lot like Phillip did at the same age.

LaRae

Old 03-18-2018, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

This book of Katy Nicholl sounds very interesting. She will be giving some hopefully new information on his service in war zones, romances, Meghan and family relationships. I'll be buying it.

The beard first made its appearance at the Walking with the Wounded (Antarctica) trek. It was said the Queen didn't like it so Harry went clean shaven again after he returned. Then he grew it again when he went to Africa in the summer of 2014. He certainly had it at Xmas 2013 as I saw him in real life at Sandringham with it,and it seems that now it's here to stay. I like him clean shaven as he looks younger, but that's Harry's choice!
Old 03-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This book of Katy Nicholl sounds very interesting. She will be giving some hopefully new information on his service in war zones, romances, Meghan and family relationships. I'll be buying it.

The beard first made its appearance at the Walking with the Wounded (Antarctica) trek. It was said the Queen didn't like it so Harry went clean shaven again after he returned. Then he grew it again when he went to Africa in the summer of 2014. He certainly had it at Xmas 2013 as I saw him in real life at Sandringham with it,and it seems that now it's here to stay. I like him clean shaven as he looks younger, but that's Harry's choice!
Why would he want to look younger ? My experience is that many young men (at 33, I still consider Harry young), on the contrary, want to look older to be taken more seriously.

As for the book, from the description above about Meghan preparing tasty dinners and Harry trying to be healthier for her, it looks like the type of thing one would read in a teen magazine for girls. Sorry, but I will pass on that one.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
After obtaining one of Nichols' books around the time of William and Kate's wedding (I forget the title and too lazy to go look for it), when she blatantly stated that on a vacation together where it was just the two of them after they reconciled after the breakup, at that time, they made a vow to each other that they would marry.

Was Nichols hiding in the picnic basket or something to gain this information? Ever since then, Nichols has not been on my list as a credible source to read. I may buy the book for entertainment when it shows up on my cheap book site for a couple of dollars but I'm in no rush for it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
IIRC he grew the beard AFTER he left the military or at least when he went to a desk position..can't remember the exact time frame!

I quite like a beard on him, he looks a lot like Phillip did at the same age.
Ah, well perhaps Harry grew a beard while in the military and then shaved it, and later grew it back. I do recall that Harry was clean shaven at the time he left the military. Hopefully, Nicholl got most of her detailed accounts as accurate as possible. But yes, it does read like rehashed and embellished stories we've heard before (a mix of confirmed info, pertinent details gleaned from their engagement interview, and gossipy speculation).

ETA:
Oh I see @Curryong remembers Harry's 'bearded' chronology. Thanks for further clarification.