Movies & TV Programmes About Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn´t play Keira an ancestor of Diana in "The Duchesse"?
Helen Mirren, after the mother of Charles, now his MIL?

Don´t know :ermm:

I think there are more British actresses than this (amazing and good) two.

Hmm, I'm looking foward to this movie but I do hope it will be accurate and well balanced.

Producers at film company Pathe have started work on the project and are keen to cast Keira, 25, as Diana – with Dame Helen Mirren, 65, as her mother, Frances Shand Kydd.

Secrecy surrounds the movie – with next year’s release date timed to coincide with what would have been the Princess’s 50th birthday. The year also marks 30 years since Diana’s wedding to Prince Charles.
[/QUOTE]They've picked the wrong actress in Kiera Knightly, but yes she did play the Duchess of Devonshire, 2 years ago I think.
Helen Mirren is a great actress, and will play Francis well.

It does say at the bottom of the article.....
The release date will certainly be timely – 2011 has also been tipped
as the year when Prince William finally marries his long-term girlfriend, Kate Middleton
:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
They've picked the wrong actress in Kiera Knightly, but yes she did play the Duchess of Devonshire, 2 years ago I think.

:ermm:

I agree, I don't want to judge Kiera before I see her performance but they should also look for an unkown actress who could play Diana as well.

As far as the young Brits go, you have Keira, Carey Mulligan and Gemma Arterton who are old enough to play the role. Out of all three, I think Keira and Carey are the better ones for the role. Gemma doesn't look the part at all.

As far as the young Brits go, you have Keira, Carey Mulligan and Gemma Arterton who are old enough to play the role. Out of all three, I think Keira and Carey are the better ones for the role. Gemma doesn't look the part at all.

One of my favorite movies is the remake of Pride and Prejudice with Keira as Elizabeth and absolutely adored Helen Mirren in The Queen.

Personally, I think that it might be a wise idea to cast someone in the role of Diana that wouldn't be associated with other movie roles, lifestyles etc. Knightley for me for some reason just doesn't seem right for the part of Diana.
Helen Mirren though, from looking at the photos and having seen her in a few character roles, other than the Queen, would be a exceptional addition to this film in any role they placed her in.

Who was that blonde that played Diana in the movie made for TV about Charles and Diana? Someone like her would be a good choice.

Is Catherine Oxenberg?
Aha... I found it.. Nope... Caroline Bliss.

Took me a while to find the info but she played in the made for TV movie "Charles and Diana: A Royal Love Story". Now I'm really comfuzzled... seems there was a few and Oxenburg was in one too. Seems there was one made too called "Charles and Diana: Unhappily Ever After" with Oxenberg too.

Charles and Diana: A Royal Love Story: Information from Answers.com

Now.. I think it'd be best to maybe bring one of these back to portray Diana in this one? Just an idea.

(goes looking for her lost mind)

If Bliss made that movie in 1982, that is gonna put her way over the age of the Diana she'd be portraying.

Nevermind.

I think they would want someone younger to play the Princess since the actress will be portraying Diana in her late teens, twenties and thirties.

I think they would want someone younger to play the Princess since the actress will be portraying Diana in her late teens, twenties and thirties.

I agree.. but my idea was to bring in someone NOT so well known in the cinema/theater circles to portray her. When this movie is made the actress would be Diana more so than the lifestyle/other movie credits whatnot than she already has. Like saying "Oh I liked Kiera better in P&P better".

With a relatively unknown cast as Diana, the focus would be more on the subject of the movie.

Yes, true. I think that it's important that the actress look something like Diana as well. Make-up can do a great deal, but it would also be nice to have someone tall and who can wear the early Diana-style clothing well. As well, of course, the person should be able to understand why Diana was the way she was.

With a relatively unknown cast as Diana, the focus would be more on the subject of the movie.

My sentiments exactly as I stated in my earlier post an unkown would be a much better choice.

I doubt it. :ermm:

Just an aside note here and not really meaning to get off topic but thank you Blackadder for your tag line. I love it.

Now back to our regular scheduled postings..... :)

There's going to be another one.. With Charlize Theron I don't really like these choices for actresses.

That's why my suggestion is for a relatively unknown actress to play Diana. One that's not going into a set with remarkable skills.. but one that's kinda nervous and shy about what she's doing.. would make a perfect Diana. She'd then grow with the role.

And I'm NOT in anyways saying those actresses named are not right for the role.. just suggesting this would be a perfect role for an unknown.

If Keira will play the role, the focus will be more on her jaw and pout than something else. (which is the case far too often, unfortanetely. She's a wonderful actress)

My vote would be for Carey Mulligan. She's very delicate, both in looks and personality and one of the best actresses out there.

I don't see why the film would have to stick to British Actresses, there are a great many Australian/NZ actresses that would fit the bill.
Like the actress set to play in Madonna's new royal film, and that's Abbie Cornish. Plus this film should focus on Diana's whole life, so I don't see why an older actress can't play her, say Cate Blanchatt or Kate Winslet.
I would also prefer it if a natural blonde actress played Diana, so that the actress wouldn't have to dye her hair.

Kiera, Carey and definetely not Gemma don't fit the bill IMO.

Natalie Dormer (Ane Boleyn from The Tudors series) is in too and she's British. Brits playing a Brit is easier, the accent should be honest.
And Cate Blachett is a lovely suggestion. So graceful and elegant.

Is this an actual go ahead or is this movie all just speculation

I think Kiera Knightly is the best choice mention. When I see her act she becomes the character. Ms. Knightly played The Duchess she became Georgina Spencer and I felt for the character. After the movie, I had to read everything I could on Princess Diana's ancestor. I thought the two woman had somewhat a parallel life concerning love and marriage.

I think a good actress portrayal that gets to Princess Diana essence is the most important aspect. Then script and makeup. If you have Ms. Knightly and Ms. Mirren the movie most likely with get notice and awards.:flowers:

On the subject of the movie, I think that Joely Richardson could play Diana. There is something about her that reminds me of her, and if I look at a picture of Diana, I see some similiarities.

Sorry for double post, but I also think Gillian Anderson also. Granted both of them are older.

I'll prob DVR it but I may just erase it right after. I doubt there will be too much insight into how "flawed" the inquest was. I mean though come on out of all the days on Prince William's wedding day what is wrong with these people?!

Back
Top Bottom