The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Courtier

One could argue that none of the princesses are famous for their achievement, but rather by virtue of being born into royalty or marrying into it. This is specifically true of Charlotte, whose grandmother is the embodiment of this “fairytale”. I agree. The title of this book is peculiar.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that perhaps what the title might mean is these women are princesses, and have turned that into their career.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

You will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
Thanks Elspeth. I just looked it up on Amazon.com and not available in the States until late July. But since its fairly inexpensive and liked by you, I'll pre-order a copy.
I found a listing for the book on the Windsor Castle website and was upset I couldn't order it from the US online. I picked up a copy while I was at Windsor Castle in June and have not regretted it! The exhibit was lovely and I just wish I could have gone to the display at Buckingham Palace as well with QEII's dress (wasn't on display yet). My luggage was just about all books on the way home, threw out the toiletries to make more space. I should have just taken another empty suitcase to begin with for more take-home goodies.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Nobility

Just order it from the royal collection website. You won't find it on the US shop, but it is on the UK and the rest of the world shop. I have ordered from the UK site many many times (i.e. Christmas and birthday gifts). It might take just a little longer for shipping across the pond (plus additional postage), but I have never had a problem.. Which reminds me, time to start shopping for Christmas.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

You can order it from the US Amazon now too.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 AM

I picked this book up in the gift shop at Buckingham Palace, it is really worth the £9.95 A* Publication

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Aristocracy

Crown & Country.

I started to watch this program on the History channel on Foxtel. Very interesting program, lots of things I didn't know about the country of great britain.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Commoner

Crown & Country

I've heard about this. I would really like to see a clip or two to see examples of what it represents. I get very basic cable, so I never see anything new--I have to hear it by word of mouth on these forums or other royal websites. Thanks for the remind!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Royal Cookbooks

Has anybody ever made any of the recipes from a "royal" cookbook?

I have:
Eating Royally: Recipes and Remembrances from a Palace Kitchen by Darren McGrady and Royal Cookbook: FAvorite Court Recipes from the World's Royal Families (Parents' Magazine Press, copyright 1971), but I've never tried any of the recipes.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:31 PM

I got the Coronation Cookbook by Margurite Patton and once seved a sorbet from the Coronation of Edward VII at a dinner party which went down a treat

God Save The Queen!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Pictorial books/books lavishly illustrated about Royalty

Hello!! What pictorial books/books lavishly illustrated about Royalty do you know?

I know:

-"Los Borbones: Imágenes para la historia de una familia" by Luis María Ansón

-"Queen's Jewels" by Vincent Meylan

-"La Reina Sofía. Imágenes para 70 años de vida" by Ricardo Mateos Sainz de Medrano

-"The Greek Dynasty" by Prince Michael of Greece

-"The Royal Family of Thailand" by Reginald Davis

Regards!!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

"Imperatrices: du trone au exil, Zita de Hasbourg et Farah Pahlavi"

Hello!! Have you read this book? What is your opinion about it?

PD: I have created a new topic because this book is about two Imperial Houses and I don't know where can I put it :( Excuse me if I have done a mistake creating a new topic.

Regards and thanks!!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

Do you know any book about royal coach/carriages? And about royal yachts?

Regards!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Gentry

Royal Holidays

Has anyone got this book by Assouline ? What is the content like ?
Old 08-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I do.

I bought it at, of all places, the Carolina Herrera boutique at South Coast Plaza a while ago. Royal Holidays is basically a fluff photo book with interesting commentary. Overall, I highly recommend it if you happen to see it at your local book shop.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_r View Post
Has anyone got this book by Assouline ? What is the content like ?
Yes I have bought this book & can recommend it because it has a slightly unusual focus. The Royals featured are Soraya, Empress of Iran, Astrid Queen of the Belguims,Isabelle Comtesse de Paris, Marie Queen of Romania,Christian IX King of Denmark, Elisabeth Empress of Austria, Wilhelm II Kaiser of Germany, Victoria Queen of Great Britain,Nicholas II Tsar of Russia & Grace Princess of Monaco. As usual with Assouline books there's plenty of lovely photos but there's a reasonable amount of text documenting the favourite holiday destinations of these Royals.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Review of princess book...

"The tale of Elena is a superb what-if that circles around the fractured fairy tale of royal life. Each chapter begins with a few lines of dialogue from mysterious persons that point fingers this way and that way in regards to who is out to get Elena. It is a clever little trap that Ms. Froetschel has laid to entice the reader to keep going to see what happens even when the reader’s body is begging for a few hours of rest. The printed words on the pages of this book have all the lure of a siren’s song, and I for one fell in love with them. Reading Royal Escape was like spending time with a dear old friend; I laughed, I cried, and I wanted to rough up quite a few fictitious jerks. If I have not made it clear; this story is wonderful."

Review: ROYAL ESCAPE by Susan Froetschel | The GenReview
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Gentry

Crowning Glory

Has anyone bought this book about American women marrying Princes ?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

"Royal Polar Expedition"- Scandinavian Heirs trips to Svalbard & Greenland

The Royal House of Norway informs the edition of a new book, "Royal Polar Expedition", a book on the Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Prince Haakon or Norway and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden trips to Svalbard in 2008 and to Greenland in 2009.

Money from the book will go to charity.

Google Traductor

Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

Very well thought-out idea. Especially books to be used for income benefit charities. This book is one I want to receive.This type of future events and activities for members of the Royal example will be.