"Mary - Princess with Style" by Jan Körner & Jim Lyngvild (2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
A new book came out recently in Denmark - "Mary Prinsesse med stil" (Mary, Princess with Style) by Jan Körner & Jim Lyngvild. It alledgedly details her transformation from the girl next door to Crown Princess of Denmark fashionwise.

According to the text on the book/about the book in the internet bookstore, there are interviews with her hairdresser and her stylist.

http://www.bogguide.dk/find_boeger_bog.asp?_UNR=1469222

I do not understand why some people like to know about this "transformation", I mean everyone with enough money could tranform herself too...

I prefer a lot of things Princess Mathilde who had Class and regal look ALL her life!

I'm amazed that they managed to fill a whole book about Mary's transformation. I don't think these types of books should come out now. They would probably be of more value later down the road.

Mathilde came from aristocratic backgrounds and had the financial means to look classy and regal all her life.

No matter how stupid this book must be it contains many nice closeups and pictures of the Princess without watermarks... I think it is a must to every Mary-fan!

I like the picture on the cover...

It's a right royal faux pas
By Phillip Koch
October 29, 2006

PRINCESS Mary is renowned around the world for her sense of style, but yesterday she made an fashion faux pas of the worst kind. Full article and source

Last edited:
I don't see how this is Mary's fashion faux pas....:sad:
Christina Applegate and Rachel Griffiths wore this dress in the States and to the same function. Mary wore this dress in Denmark to the Danish Refugee Council... I think it would have been a faux pas if all three of them had been at the same event wearing the same dress...But they weren't. And then to blame this supposed faux pas on Mary's second pregnancy... I swear these tabloids don't know what to invent or hark on next. Just my opinion. :flowers:

Thanks Dazzling for the article!

I agree too Rachel- i can't see how this is a problem for Mary- she didn't wear the dress with any celebs around and she looked amazing in it.. Go Mary.:flowers: Back to the book I would love to see it. I really enjoy reading about fashion not just current but through the years.

Bought the book today and I have read it already. As it is not a nobel winner it has other qualities such as many nice pictures and first hand information from Mary's stylist and hairdresser. I like the fact that the book credits Alexandra for beeing the inspiration for Mary in the beginning - it's nice as it seems that Alexandra is already forgotten in Denmark...

:flowers:

Mary, Princess with Style has recently come out in Australia (in English!) So recent, that my local Borders hadn't even shelved it before I asked for it :D For the $40 that it was, I'd say it's a good book - like a previous poster said it has really nice full A4 page pictures, and nice closeups of Mary's shoes, jewels, etc.

where i can find it to buy?, i live in the US

Ashelen, you could try DVD Orchard, Chaos or Big W Entertainment. I know that Borders Australia carries the book, as does Angus & Robertson. Borders doesn't have an online shop, A&R does but it's not on there.

Thanks, Jess. I completely forgot about this book, and I may still be interested in adding it to my library. However, is it a "fluff" book? Hence filled with images and not a lot of deep content? Rather, does it "read" like a magazine or a true book?

Thanks, Jess. I completely forgot about this book, and I may still be interested in adding it to my library. However, is it a "fluff" book? Hence filled with images and not a lot of deep content? Rather, does it "read" like a magazine or a true book?

GT, I haven't had a chance to actually read the book yet - all I had time to do was flick through and look at the pictures on the way home from the shopping centre before I had to return around an hour later to go to work! :) I'll try and read parts tomorrow and post my opinion regarding the "fluffyness" of it. ;)

I am in Australia as well, and have just purchased the book. I guess it is a bit fluffy from what I have read so far, but the pictures are beautiful.

My only disappointment - there aren't enough of Mary's off duty/casual clothes. I love this aspect of Royalty, seeing how they put together their everyday outfits.

Does anyone know of a picture book about Mary which has more off duty photots?

Many thanks.

....I guess it is a bit fluffy from what I have read so far, but the pictures are beautiful....

I have to agree with you on that Helen. There really isn't much new information regarding Mary that we don't already know. The main thing that I found new was listing of designers of hats and things like that that we didn't know - there are bits and pieces from Mary's personal stylist (Anya Camilla) and hairstylish (Soren), and lots of lovely pictures. One thing I didn't know regarding Mary's wedding bouquet, is that apparently the ribbon that held the flowers together had a metal ring at the bottom, that had M&F's monogram and their wedding date on it :) I haven't been able to find a good enough picture to actually see the ring though

where do you find a very good personal stylist here in the US? anyones knows?

Some of the more upscale department stores have personnal shopper services that perform some sort of stylist duties. Otherwise there are personnal stylists that have their opwn businesses but I don't know if they're in the phone book or not. I would guess they are more common on the east & west coasts in the LA/New York area.

Some of the more upscale department stores have personnal shopper services that perform some sort of stylist duties. Otherwise there are personnal stylists that have their opwn businesses but I don't know if they're in the phone book or not. I would guess they are more common on the east & west coasts in the LA/New York area.
Thank you so much i would try to find one and let you know! , i think it would be fun, to find how this stylist ptofesionasl can change our look to a princess one!

I got this out of the library and loved it. I will probably buy it, but I haven't got much space. It's got beautiful photos. I like the way that Mary's style ranges from hippie chic and country style to Chanel suits and gorgeous ballgowns.

Attaining Grace
bookaddiction

Good News!

The book is available to order online via [URL="http://www.dymocks.com.au/"]Dymocks[/URL] online bookstore. The store is out of Austraila and they do ship internationally via DHL, but you might want to check out the cost prior to ordering it. It shouldn't be that much.

Mary: Princess with Style is a must have for royal watchers who are interested in the Danish Royal family specifically Mary. The book isn't an in depth. Rather it's a great photo book and may be considered a great reference starter book.

I would love to buy it but I just dont know that I can justify the expense, it almost hurts

Just by the by: GT, I'm sitting here wrapped up warm waiting for snow! Your avatar made me smile

Seems interesting for a book to be out so soon after being a crown princess. I wouldve waited another good 5-6 years to see abook like this.

Do they talk to her stylist/s or is it just a picture book with some information?

Back
Top Bottom