The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2006, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

"Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark" - Karin Palshøj and Gitte Redder, 2005

I don't know if any of you have seen this or not, but apparently a book about Mary that is going to be published in English and will be available in the U.S. It's is called: Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark. The release date is set for April 30, 2006. This is a picture and description courtesy of http://www.amazon.com

The modern-day, real-life fairy tale of the young Australian commoner who became the Crown Princess of Denmark is detailed in this definitive biography. When Mary Donaldson walked into the Slip Inn restaurant in Sydney on the first Saturday of the 2000 Olympic Games, she met Frederik, the Crown Prince of Denmark, by chance, and her life was never the same again. The world watched as the Prince wooed Mary, and women everywhere swooned as Frederik shed a tear as he watched his bride walk down the aisle. This biography chronicles the incredible story of the thoroughly modern and elegant woman who has risen to the formidable challenge of being the Crown Princess of Denmark with grace and style.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

RoyalEnquirer, yes I have seen this book on CP Mary and I purchased it when it was released in September in Australia. I personally think that it is a good book, and it covers Mary's childhood, how she and Fred met, 'Princess School', the engagement, the wedding, and has pictures of the wedding and the pre-wedding events, some of the engagement, photos of Mary before she and Fred got engaged, Mary on some of her royal duties and I think it has some pictures of Lilleprinsen. Overall, I think that is a good book, and I found it to be much better than Emma Tom's Something About Mary

Old 01-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer
I don't know if any of you have seen this or not, but apparently a book about Mary that is going to be published in English and will be available in the U.S. It's is called: Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark. The release date is set for April 30, 2006. This is a picture and description courtesy of http://www.amazon.com

The modern-day, real-life fairy tale of the young Australian commoner who became the Crown Princess of Denmark is detailed in this definitive biography. When Mary Donaldson walked into the Slip Inn restaurant in Sydney on the first Saturday of the 2000 Olympic Games, she met Frederik, the Crown Prince of Denmark, by chance, and her life was never the same again. The world watched as the Prince wooed Mary, and women everywhere swooned as Frederik shed a tear as he watched his bride walk down the aisle. This biography chronicles the incredible story of the thoroughly modern and elegant woman who has risen to the formidable challenge of being the Crown Princess of Denmark with grace and style.
RoyalEnquirer

I have my copy already. It is the English version although I have not began to read, I scanned it in parts. I love it and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Regards Jaques D.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Courtier

May I know if when will this book be released worldwide?
I would surely love to get a copy of this book.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
RoyalEnquirer, yes I have seen this book on CP Mary and I purchased it when it was released in September in Australia. I personally think that it is a good book, and it covers Mary's childhood, how she and Fred met, 'Princess School', the engagement, the wedding, and has pictures of the wedding and the pre-wedding events, some of the engagement, photos of Mary before she and Fred got engaged, Mary on some of her royal duties and I think it has some pictures of Lilleprinsen. Overall, I think that is a good book, and I found it to be much better than Emma Tom's Something About Mary
Yeah, I completely agree with you, JessRulz! :)

I also have this book : Mary - Crown Princess of Denmark. It is a good book and worth buying it.......including lots of beautiful pictures of F & M.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Nobility

Hi Linda Hsu
I also have the book which i might add i bought in November 2005 .
It is very good and great pictures of Mary and fred . It's a lovely book to have.Have a nice day :)
Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

It is a good book and highly recommendable by many. I have read some parts of it and are impressed. Still looking for it in the nearest available bookstores.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony
It is a good book and highly recommendable by many. I have read some parts of it and are impressed. Still looking for it in the nearest available bookstores.
Hi Harmony,
Just a thought but you could always ask your local bookstore to order it in for you. :)
Old 01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Courtier

You can also check Ebay. That is where I got my copy.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Nobility

I noticed this book "MARY-CROWN PRINCESS OF DENMARK" on Amazon, I was very tempted to buy it but was wondering does it have pictures the little Prince?

Or will it be updated soon with his pictures?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I noticed this book "MARY-CROWN PRINCESS OF DENMARK" on Amazon, I was very tempted to buy it but was wondering does it have pictures the little Prince?

Or will it be updated soon with his pictures?
Hi EmmieLou

This book "Mary - Crown Princess of Denmark" has some lovely pictures of our Lilleprinsen in it. It is, in fact, a good book and is worth buying it. :)

Cheers
Old 01-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
Hi EmmieLou

This book "Mary - Crown Princess of Denmark" has some lovely pictures of our Lilleprinsen in it. It is, in fact, a good book and is worth buying it. :)

Cheers
You must have an updated version because my book hasn't got any pics of the little prince :( The last pictures in the book are of Mary pregnant and the offical Danish stamps in honour of their wedding.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbitha
You must have an updated version because my book hasn't got any pics of the little prince :( The last pictures in the book are of Mary pregnant and the offical Danish stamps in honour of their wedding.
Yes, same here! In Emma Tom's book, "Something About Mary," there are photos of the little prince, since it was published a little later. I must confess I haven't really finished either book, so I can't give an honest review yet!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for suggesting Amazon.com. I just pre-ordered Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark. Sadly, I won't recieve the book for at least two months.

Thank you again.:)
Old 01-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

I did a pre-order at Barnes & Noble today, and I'll pick it up when it's released in April. I know you can also do pre-orders on http://www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. I can't believe that it's not going to be released for another 3 months, but I'm looking forward to it!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Gentry

you can also check the following website based out of Australia:

www.booktopia.com.au

They ship anywhere in the world.

The shipping is expensive though (about $20 australian dollars) so it might be better to wait.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Thank you very much for letting us (in the US) know about this book and the various ways to order it. It is very exciting news and I'm looking forward to getting it. So instead of dreading April as the month to pay income taxes, I will see it as the month I finally get a book on the Princess!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

You can also pre-order Emma Tom's book Something About Mary on Amazon.com, if you are into biased as well as sloppy writing.(lol)
Old 04-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

gliterring tiaras i have the 2 books: Something About Mary and Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark. They're great.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Finally I received both books and read each in two days.

After finishing both books I was extremely disappointed. Both were poorly written, and were bascially the same except the authors were different. I've learned a great deal more about Mary on this board than I did reading these fluff biography books. There were a few instances where I found myself questioning the authors sources and comments. It seems that they have researched some royal message boards for information (I could have sworn that I have read the exact same comments on this board that I found in one of the books.) The only major difference between the two is one is more of a pro-Mary fluff book while the other is more tongue-in-cheek with a dash of sacrcasm thrown in. Neither book would ever make it on the New York Times best seller list if you want me to be frank about it.

If you are a royal watcher both books may be worth adding to your library. But, if you're an avid Mary fan you should definitely purchase these books.

To put it simply, I was extremely disappointed and not really worth the money I spent. On the brightside, the books may help me if I decided to write a bio of Mary from an American perspective in five years.:)