The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Finally I received both books and read each in two days.

After finishing both books I was extremely disappointed. Both were poorly written, and were bascially the same except the authors were different. I've learned a great deal more about Mary on this board than I did reading these fluff biography books. There were a few instances where I found myself questioning the authors sources and comments. It seems that they have researched some royal message boards for information (I could have sworn that I have read the exact same comments on this board that I found in one of the books.) The only major difference between the two is one is more of a pro-Mary fluff book while the other is more tongue-in-cheek with a dash of sacrcasm thrown in. Neither book would ever make it on the New York Times best seller list if you want me to be frank about it.

If you are a royal watcher both books may be worth adding to your library. But, if you're an avid Mary fan you should definitely purchase these books.

To put it simply, I was extremely disappointed and not really worth the money I spent. On the brightside, the books may help me if I decided to write a bio of Mary from an American perspective in five years.:)
GlitteringTiaras, your post-reading commentary on these books had me falling over from laughter (I've had a rough day and it was just what the doctor ordered for me!) Oh my!!!:p :) :p

Old 04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

I might try to find this at the library or on line for cheap. I'm very curious about Mary.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

The new book about Mary, I thought it wasn't out until April 30, 2006?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Nobility

hi,
i was looking for a present for my mum's birthday. i realized (when i was at a book shop) that with most of the mum's, here in australia, they are still intrested in mary (royalty, fairytales) so i decided to spend my, my birthday money to buy "Mary Crown Princess of Denmark" book for her. it looked intresting and it cost a lot of money (i didn't have enough money to buy this other book that i wanted and a new journal :() . when i was on the train going home i decided to look through it (since it cost a lot of money) and i started to read a bit of it (it was really intresting, it had pics of her mum and it went in to great detail about what type of school she went to).
Worth the money, I say . (hope my mum likes it )
Old 04-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Which Mary book are you talking about Kelly? Because to my knowledge, there are only two books on Mary, Mary Crown Princess of Denmark and There's Something About Mary. Are you talking about one of these books, or a totally new one??? If the latter, do you know what it is called???
Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
No, both books are available on Amazon.com. I preordered mine and received it two months later.

So, to answer you question the books are online ready to be ordered (by you if you chose) as we speak. :)
Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Gentry

Is this book available at Borders or must it be ordered? It looks like a beautiful book!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Royal Highness

I ordered the book at the Barnes and Nobles near my house. They didn't have it in stock but just ordered it for me and it came within three days. I've been so busy though that I haven't had time to pick it up yet . Hopefully when I do, I'll have time to read it and give it a review. :)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Gentry

Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark.

For those who live in Canada, the book can be ordered on either Amazon.ca or Chapters.com (where I got mine).

However, I have to admit, having read the book, I was quite disapointed. I didn't expect any juicy details or anything, however, I did expect an intelligent read. (I suppose that was too much to ask). It was very fluffy, without much substance at all. I've read Diana biographies that were much more interesting.

Oh well, perhaps it was a bad translation.

Anyone want my copy? :)
Old 05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Gentry

Does this book says the exact hieght for Mary?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Gentry

Is this book a 'picture' book or a regular chapter book?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiep
Is this book a 'picture' book or a regular chapter book?
Both I would say. There are chapters in chronological order about Mary's life but in between pages are random pictures of Mary (which are very nice IMO).
Old 08-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Which of the two books is better? I can only buy one. Thanks!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

mary, crown princess of denmark is better than something about mary.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quick Reminder!

The Royal Book Club is starting its latest book discussion once again.

Starting on this Sunday, September 14, 2008 1pm PST the RBC will be discussing the book Mary: Crown Princess of Denmark. So if anyone has read the book or would like to read what others have to say about it please join us!

See you then!

GT
Royal Library Mod and The Royal Book Club Mod Assistant Coordinator