Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
JFK Jr.?
Every woman in New York was chasing after him! He was gorgeous, rich, famous - I wouldn't blame Maxima -
This was claimed by 1 bitter gossip journalist - Evert Santegoeds - who has a vendetta with the RF as they often sue him succesfully. The facts are however that Máxima arrived in NYC in July 1996 and JFK jr. married in September 1996.... So not much time for chasing, esp. since she was probably busy in moving & getting settled in a house and starting a new job while he must have been busy planning a wedding.
The story seems utterly implausable, it is more likely that the chasing only happened in the head of Mr. Santegoeds.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

-
And another thing, royal blog says the following: 'The Dutch journalist asked to accept the first copy, Wednesday in Buenos Aires, even cancelled his trip to Argentina'. Any idea which journalist this is, the blog implies that he/she cancelled because the book is rather disappointing.
Alex de Vries

Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Alex de Vries
Thanks Victoria! He is the chariman of the VVKH, the association for reporters of the royal house. And he is also the royalty reporter for 'De Telegraaf', the biggest newspaper of the country.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Tomorrow's edition of LNR magazine (edited every Sunday by La Nación newspaper) features Máxima on the cover, and will give an overview of the book "Máxima, una historia real". It will be available tomorrow through this link

Revista - lanacion.com | Edición impresa
Thanks Verde Esmeralda for the link.

thank you very much, Lucien and Marengo! Your posts are quite helpful and informative.
Well, I think these two authors won't write any book again lol. How is it possible to spend so many time announcing a book with such publicity and then present a book full of mistakes?!

Anyway... I think the book can still gives interesting facts about her (if these facts are indeed true). In this site (about the book) you can read what Maxima wrote on her school yearbook of 1988:

"Ambitions? Too many to explain.
Saying? There are no thorns without roses, there are no roses without thorns"

A wise teenager, I must say
Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...I'm sure of a single thing: I will NEVER purchase this book!!!! I have better ways to waste my money!Vanesa.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Ineke Holthuis, the journalist of the NOS who first 'discovered' Máxima was in the interview & discussion programme 'Pauw & Witteman' last night, to give her view of the book. She said that apart from all the mistakes the authors seem to have watched to many tele novella's: they want to create a fairytale of an insecure girl, a prince who flies in private jets (even when he isn't), the evil mother-in-law etc. Her final verdict: 'pulp', an no wonder that even a journalist of the Telegraaf doesn't want to attach his name to it.

She also says that it got some press in Brazil and Chile and that it is presented as a 'forbidden' book, that the court is furious etc, which doesn't seem to be the case at all.

-----
A good laugh for April Fools day, one of the authors told RTL Boulevard that ALL mistakes were because of the translation, so the Spanish version should be 100% correct .
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Gentry

The spanish edition of this piece of pulp in reality contains even MORE errors than the dutch version.

I won't be buying this book either. I hope no one here in Holland does. They should spend their money on more respectable authors.

As for this book getting attention in other countries, it's just laughable. Too bad those countries don't realize these writers are in reality nothing more than gossipjourno's with wayyyyyy too much fantasy.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

as the blog entry said: "as it was less eloquently put by Revu journalist Frénk van der Linden: ‘Máxima is like a TEFAL pan, all dirt just slides of’." :) i can't add more to that. i think it's obvious that these people wanted money and did not even bother putting the time and effort into getting it. i'm glad the dutch press dedicated time to analyse the (errorfull) book!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Courtier

Argentinean journalists Gonzalo Alvarez Garrido (L) and Soledad Ferrari (R) poses with their book 'Maxima, a real history' (Maxima, una historia real), a unapproved biography of Nederlands pincess born in Argentina Maxima Zorreguieta, during its launching in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 01 April 2009. EPA/DIEGO SILVA

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mez77m.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/33wlgqq.jpg
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Argentinean journalists Gonzalo Alvarez Garrido (L) and Soledad Ferrari (R) poses with their book 'Maxima, a real history' (Maxima, una historia real), a unapproved biography of Nederlands pincess born in Argentina Maxima Zorreguieta, during its launching in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 01 April 2009. EPA/DIEGO SILVA
Just a side note: I think a little mistake sneaked into the English title here, which should be 'Maxima, a royal history' since the Spanish word 'real' means 'royal' in English.
And to play upon the pun: it seems not to be a 'real history' but rather an 'un-real history', given the number of mistakes in it.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Administrator

The story about the authors gets even weirder. One was interviewed by RTL boulevard a few days ago, saying that there were NO mistakes in the Spanish version of the book, and it was all because of bad translation. Well, the Spanish version apparently has even more mistakes, so... Anyway, now Gonzalo Alvares claims that it wasn't him who was interviewed in the programme but that they interviewed somebody who pretended to be him! This was however untrue.
The authors were supposed to come to The Netherlands next week to promote the book but due to the bad press the book got the publisher thought it best to cancel their visit.

--
Bunte refers to a 'Lügenreigen': http://www.bunte.de/meinung/blogs/bu..._aid_9157.html (in German).
Old 04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Just a side note: I think a little mistake sneaked into the English title here, which should be 'Maxima, a royal history' since the Spanish word 'real' means 'royal' in English.
And to play upon the pun: it seems not to be a 'real history' but rather an 'un-real history', given the number of mistakes in it.
'real' means real and royal in english.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
LOL! You're right, Tilia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The authors were supposed to come to The Netherlands next week to promote the book but due to the bad press the book got the publisher thought it best to cancel their visit.
Writing a book full of mistakes... What a waste of time and money! It doesn't surprise me why the book was presented on April fool's day
Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Since my first language is Spanish, I suppose that these two just wanted to said " the true story" or something over the lines of it. "Real" in Spanish culd mean a lot of things: "royal", "regal" or "real" (in the sense of "the truth").However, if the book is so full of mistakes, I think it's not "royal", nor "regal", and of course NOT the truth at all. Vanesa.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Courtier

An interview with the authors of the biography, Revista Noticias

Revista Noticias
Old 04-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Can you post the English article, please?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Translated version of http://www.noticias.uol.com.ar/edicion_1684/nota_03.htm
Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Máxima's affair with Dieter Zimmerman
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Máxima's affair with Dieter Zimmerman
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Courtier

I think you guys should be the reporters!! And I don't understand all the bad things about her relationship with Zimmerman, I mean...we all have relationships with different persons....and what's the problem? It didn't work, so she moved on...And also, she doesn't need to say "I had 5 or 6 or 1000 boyfriends", it is her problem.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

“Una holandesa nacida en Argentina” « Máxima, una historia real
here state that she was sent to brussells with the best teachers, in language, history , politics,economics, protocoll, etc,etc,,,,to make her a real princess. and really i can belive that, probably she was studing 24/7 to be what it is today1 probaby this is the only true that they publish in the book