"Máxima, una historia real" by Argentine Journalists (2008-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The story about the authors gets even weirder. One was interviewed by RTL boulevard a few days ago, saying that there were NO mistakes in the Spanish version of the book, and it was all because of bad translation. Well, the Spanish version apparently has even more mistakes, so... Anyway, now Gonzalo Alvares claims that it wasn't him who was interviewed in the programme but that they interviewed somebody who pretended to be him! This was however untrue.
The authors were supposed to come to The Netherlands next week to promote the book but due to the bad press the book got the publisher thought it best to cancel their visit.

--
Bunte refers to a 'Lügenreigen': http://www.bunte.de/meinung/blogs/b...-ueber-mxima-nur-fehlerfestival_aid_9157.html (in German).

Last edited:
Just a side note: I think a little mistake sneaked into the English title here, which should be 'Maxima, a royal history' since the Spanish word 'real' means 'royal' in English.
And to play upon the pun: it seems not to be a 'real history' but rather an 'un-real history', given the number of mistakes in it.:ROFLMAO:

'real' means real and royal in english.

And to play upon the pun: it seems not to be a 'real history' but rather an 'un-real history', given the number of mistakes in it.:ROFLMAO:

LOL! You're right, Tilia... :D

The authors were supposed to come to The Netherlands next week to promote the book but due to the bad press the book got the publisher thought it best to cancel their visit.

Writing a book full of mistakes... What a waste of time and money! It doesn't surprise me why the book was presented on April fool's day :lol:

Since my first language is Spanish, I suppose that these two just wanted to said " the true story" or something over the lines of it. "Real" in Spanish culd mean a lot of things: "royal", "regal" or "real" (in the sense of "the truth").However, if the book is so full of mistakes, I think it's not "royal", nor "regal", and of course NOT the truth at all. :DVanesa.

I think you guys should be the reporters!! And I don't understand all the bad things about her relationship with Zimmerman, I mean...we all have relationships with different persons....and what's the problem? It didn't work, so she moved on...And also, she doesn't need to say "I had 5 or 6 or 1000 boyfriends", it is her problem.

But the thing is, Ashelen, that bit about Brussels contains NO news at all. Everyone knew she was getting lessons - next to her job at a bank - when she was living in Brussels. It was widely reported back then.

Yes. It is a well known info for everyone who is interested in Princess Maxima's life. Reading this book is a waste of time, I think...Vanesa.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted before

Princess Maxima book a 'festival of errors'

According to website Royalblog, the book - an excerpt of which was published in Holland yesterday (29.03.09) - confuses dates and people, has a prince abdicate a throne he never held, gets the name of Maxima's college wrong and incorrectly states Prince Willem-Alexander's residence twice... - Article

I don´t think spelling mistakes are that serious, if we consider the enormous diference between Dutch ans Spanish.

I don´t think spelling mistakes are that serious, if we consider the enormous diference between Dutch ans Spanish.

they don't mean spelling mistakes, they mean conceptual mistakes. as if they invented the book. there's a list somewhere (in dutch) with at least 90 of them.

Since my first language is Spanish, I suppose that these two just wanted to said " the true story" or something over the lines of it. "Real" in Spanish culd mean a lot of things: "royal", "regal" or "real" (in the sense of "the truth").However, if the book is so full of mistakes, I think it's not "royal", nor "regal", and of course NOT the truth at all. :DVanesa.

It's a word game between "real" and "royal", that works very well in Spanish, but wouldn't make sense in English or Dutch.

For someone who is not familiar with Maxima's story, it could be a nice novel to read, but when you do know a little bit about it and you dive into the book...:nonono:

Back
Top Bottom